Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 07:19 AM   #31
kbelle8995
DIS Veteran

Wink

There is nothing wrong with researching ahead so you know what you want and if you will be able to do it. I think some people do this. I have been to unknown cities and I always enjoy going through a guidebook and message boards so I can enjoy my visit. That way you know what to expect. I speak as a woman who has several Rick Steves and Frommer's guide books in my possession.

Ignore the rude person. With the internet as with life, someone has to be a party pooper.
kbelle8995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:27 AM   #32
kgibbler20
Mouseketeer

I live in Florida and would be happy to help you plan even if it's 3 years from now

In case you didn't find out yet, historically, SeaWorld only celebrates Halloween on the weekends. The only special show they do is a Sesame Street show. Sometimes they do perform some of their summer shows. The trick or treating and Halloween activities start by 11 or 12 and go the rest of the day. Last year they had several kids activities that cost a little extra. Some midway games, candy apple decorating, and some other artsy stuff but nothing was really more than $5. Those things have all changed every year. Those activities are the only extra cost over the regular admission. Trick or treating and dance parties are all included.

Happy planning!!!
6/05 - First Trip 12/06 - Merry Christmas 11/07 - Mom's suprise!! & SSW October 23 - November 4, 2008 - 3 days at sea, 10 days on land... Halloween Here We Come!!3/09 & 7/09 - Short visits with a friend... 10/09 - finally became a resident now at least monthly visits

kgibbler20 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 07:31 AM   #33
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

What I don't understand is why someone would be on a Facebook page about Seaworld, if they didn't want to ask and/or answer questions?

It also amazes me when people are surprised that other people are making plans. My Mom's one of those people. She has very little attention to detail. We're planning a beach vacation in June and I think having everything booked and paid for already is really freaking her out.

Our next trip to Orlando will probably be in December 2014 or January 2015. How's that for planning "too early?"
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:43 AM   #34
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
They do it because they are sad pathetic people that have nothing better to do than hide behind their computers and try to make people they don't know as miserable as they are.

I hope you we finally able to get your question answered.
Agreed. Maybe you could try calling guest services at Sea World. Good luck and I hope you get the answers you're looking for!

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:53 AM   #35
BayouMickey
Green Grinning Gators Come Out To Socialize

ignore her, looks like she's a few sandwiches short of a picnic anyway..
BayouMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:57 AM   #36
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Sheesh, I know people who took a year to plan their wedding. Now, I don't know what kind of wedding they had, but when I'm planning an Orlando vacation, I can assure you it lasts longer than my wedding, will involve more food, and a larger assortment of activities.

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:04 AM   #37
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

OP you are in good company with folks who like to plan.

Moving this over to the Seaworld board where peeps will offer lots of helpful advice

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board

Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:06 AM   #38
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I have never seen a general public Facebook page that didn't have rude comments on it.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:20 AM   #39
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderlustNZ View Post
There's always going to be people out there with nothing better to do with their time than be rude to others.
There are also always going to be people who don't understand advanced planning.
Don't let them worry you.

While you're enjoying your well-planned trip, they are usually the ones moaning and groaning that tickets and restaurants are booked out, last-minute prices are too high, and there are events on that they didn't know about.

Let that poster continue to wallow in her negativity, and you continue to enjoy your planning.
I hope you get an answer to your question.
Sooooooooo true!

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:28 AM   #40
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Since your other thread was moved to this board, I'm going to merge both threads.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:03 AM   #41
Aimee810
Earning My Ears

Thank you all for the info and support. I KNEW you would understand.
WDW/SeaWorld: Oct '13 Westgate Vacation Villas
Disney Magic Cruise: Mar '14 (4-night Bahamas)
Disney Dream Cruise: Dec '14 (4-night Bahamas) + 3n @ Poly
Disney Wonder Cruise: Aug '15 (7-night Alaska)
London/DL Paris: April '16 (10th anniv)
Tokyo Disneyland: Spring '18

Bucket list = visit all Disney parks and cruise all Disney ships

Me DH DD (5) DD
Aimee810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #42
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Since this got moved to the SW boards. I will say that is one downfall I don't like about SW. They don't show the times that far in advance. If you ever want any info about SW please feel free to post here in our SW board. We are full of advice and have even started threads about planning for the christmas season. Sorry she was rude. Don't know why people feel the need to make stupid and rude comments.

We have annual passes and will be planning on a weekend at SW Spooktacular event.

I will let you know that according to past history it is only held on the weekend. They do not do anything during the week or on Halloween if it falls on a weekday.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:37 PM   #43
KBF
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee810 View Post
We are planning a trip the week of Halloween to WDW and Sea World. I had posted a question on the Sea World Orlando FB page asking if there was anything special going on ON Halloween. Based on their 2012 Spooktacular dates, the parties are only on the weekends of Sept & Oct but nothing specific mentioned about actual Halloween. Someone commented on my post...

Seriously! It's not even May and you are making plans for Halloween? Hey, SeaWorld, is there anything special going on for New Year's Eve? I am just trying to plan ahead....LOL

She is from Orlando so obviously does not have the issues with PLANNING for a WDW vacation as the rest of us but her comment really honked me off!
I actually saw that post and the person's comment. Some people think they're "Experts" on theme parks and laugh at other people when they ask a simple question. It's really a good idea to plan ahead for a visit to any theme park. Even when your trip is in October. So just ignore the person. There are some rude people out there.

To answer your question, the Spooktakular events take place on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in October. Since Halloween itself is on a Thursday, there will be no events scheduled that day unfortunately.
KBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:29 PM   #44
LisaBi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by freckles04
Some people's mothers obviously never taught them: if you aren't going to say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

Don't worry. My friends think I'm crazy for planning two Disney trips at once, and this far ahead (especially for the spring 2014 trip). They say, "if you go that close together, what will you find new to do at Disney?" Obviously, this from people who have never been to Disney or just didn't do Disney right. they have no idea what they're missing!
I'm planning 3 right now! This Sept with BFF for F&W, April 2014 for DS's 21st bday, then Sept 2014 short solo trip after I send DS off to school - because I'm buying an AP for me for the Sept 2013 and April 2014 trips, so figure I may as well get one more use out of it. And because I'll need an escape after sending him off....he has Down Syndrome and this is a one-year job and life skills program designed to give the experience of a year away at college. It will be so strange to have an empty house!
LisaBi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: