Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which resort for family of five with 3 teenagers.....
Contemporary......$4186 21 47.73%
Fort Wilderness Cabins...$3401 12 27.27%
AOA Nemo Suite with DDP....$3721 10 22.73%
AOA Nemo Suite with QS...$3181 1 2.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #16
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2gr8kids View Post
What about two value rooms at POP? Two rooms are cheaper than the suite at AoA and the savings could almost pay for the upgrade to DDP. You aren't guaranteed connecting rooms, but since your kids are older it might not be a big deal.
I actually priced that out, it's not that much cheaper, maybe about $300 less than family suite to get two rooms...but we really enjoy sleeping in the same room, some of our best family discussions come at night reliving our favorite rides and planning out the next day....we are sooo sooo busy during the other 358 days of the year that we really love to just all hang out together.

Now a wrench in my thinking or ignorance!! I thought QS meant just one QS and 1 snack per day...I did not know it meant 2 QS pp per day plus a snack...so now I'm wondering if I should just stick with Nemo Suite and do QS and save roughly $900...is it really worth $1100 (figuring in tips) to eat out for 6 nights? Oh geez, dh was all set and agreed with CR as the best choice, when I threw out this wrench he said, "Yep, it's a tough decision." He sees it both ways...so do I

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:25 AM   #17
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
I just called to see if they would have any standard view rooms at CR which would bring my total below 4k...nope...but I went ahead and switched to CR for fear all the garden view rates would disappear...AAAGH!! That makes the 6th time I have switched our reservations!!! Geez Louise!!

I very well could end up back at the cabins but not many are voting for those...I just don't want to see dishes/kitchen while I'm on vacation..we rarely get time to get away so when we do, I just want to ride Splash Mountain 27 times and lay by the pool....the room is to sleep in and I don't want to waste time on a bus getting somewhere....sigh...but that $$ savings always throws all my 'perfect wishes' out the window! I appreciate all the votes...come May 6th, hopefully you all will have decided for me!
Your cheapest and probably most comfortable option will be to get 2 connecting rooms at a value resort. We have a large family and do free dining every year and that's what we have done for years. But, we have stayed at most of the other resorts at some point over the years. I did not enjoy the cabins at all. I felt they are way overpriced for what they are and need updating badly. The real deal breaker was only one bathroom. With multiple teenagers, two bathrooms is a must. Two connecting value rooms gives us more room and 2 bathrooms and its a lot cheaper than the cabins.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 10:18 AM   #18
malacajo
Mouseketeer

lmhall............................I think CR is your best option....But you already knew that already We want to eat some sit downs with you guys So basically, I guess I'm being greedy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2013, 10:56 AM   #19
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by malacajo View Post
lmhall............................I think CR is your best option....But you already knew that already We want to eat some sit downs with you guys So basically, I guess I'm being greedy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Value resorts can pay the difference and upgrade to the regular dining plan from the quick service during a free dining promo.

A room only resort at CR will save the OP about $130 per night off rack rates. A free dining discount at a value, with 2 connecting rooms and including the FD upgrade charge would save the OP about $265 per night off rack rates.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:20 PM   #20
lmhall2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
Value resorts can pay the difference and upgrade to the regular dining plan from the quick service during a free dining promo.

A room only resort at CR will save the OP about $130 per night off rack rates. A free dining discount at a value, with 2 connecting rooms and including the FD upgrade charge would save the OP about $265 per night off rack rates.
There are no standard rooms available and no guarantee of connecting is not how we want to spend our family time...actually, we are saving $1700 off rack rate for CR and an additional $500 if we do two standards...but we would only consider AoA because rooms open on inside, with two potential asthma cases, we need to have better air filtration or rooms. If I can snag standard view we would save $200 more...we drive ourselves crazy! I know $500 difference will not mean much in a few years!

Malacajo! Yes! Can not wait to share dining experiences!!!!

Old 05-09-2013, 02:50 PM   #21
lmhall2000

Thanks everyone!! Contemporary wins!! I was able to nab a standard view rate with FD...saved us $2000 over what the Garden View with DDP was going to be! Thanks for all your help!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: