Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #1
mslangen
Mouseketeer

Magical Express conformation?

Hello All,

Within two weeks I am traveling to Walt Disney World. I booked a room only reservation via the Wat Disney World website. I have added Disney's Magical Express on the website while making the reservation. I also filed my flight information for both arrival and departure. On my resort reservation is mentioned that I booked Magical Express.
Since then I didn't hear anything from Disney. I know, because I live in Europe, that I will not receive the bagage tags, which is fine. The thing is Disney did not tell me anything about the Magical Express and what to do at the airport since they won't sent me the bagage tags. Shouldn't they sent me some instructions about this?
Of course I know where to find Magical Express at Orlando Intarnational Airport, but the only conformation I have is the room reservation that I got just after making my reservation. My question is; Do I miss something here, or is the room only reservation with Magical Express added just the one thing I need?

Does anyone have any idea? I'd like to hear. I'm really looking forward to my next vacation at Disney World.

Thanks, Marcel.
mslangen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:36 PM   #2
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

It will be very easy. You will go get your bags, I imagine. Then, you need to be on Side B of the terminal. There are two sides, Side A and Side B. If you arrive on Side A, you have to go down to level 2 (you arrived on level 3) to baggage claim and get the bags. I'm not familiar with going through customs so can't address that. Then you would go back up to level 3 and cross over to Side B.
Everyone basically arrives at the same area...it's almost like an X...side A is on the right (top and bottom) and B is on the left (top and bottom). When you get off the tram, which brings you into the center area of the terminal, you will have to go either right or left, depending on which side your luggage is on.
Go to Side B, look up and you'll see a huge neon Side B. Go there, and go down to level 1..ground transportation. Go to the DME area (at the end of the car rental area), go to the counter and they will give you vouchers for bus travel. They will want some ID, so keep that handy. They will give each person on the resort reservation a voucher.
Then, it's off to the bus you go. Your bags will be stored beneath the bus and handed to you when you reach your resort!
Easy. Hope that helps a bit.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 06:22 PM   #3
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

Bring a printout* of your reservation showing you booked Magical Express.

If you need to clear or reclear customs in Orlando, it works the same way as clearing customs at a connecting point. After getting off the plane you go to the customs station to get your bags. After the agent checks them you put the bags on the other conveyor belt and walk on to your connection (here, the DME bus). Special for Orlando; usually you have the choice of carrying your bags out of the customs station, onto the tram, and directly to the DME welcoming area. The latter can be quite convenient after 10 PM when everyone else must go to the carousels to get luggage, yellow tagged or not.

* Requires more than just pressing the prt-scn button. If worst comes to worst you can take a picture of the screen using your digital camera and print that.
Today's riddle: Q: Why are there these 20 foot timber or stucco walls between the freeway and people's back yards? A: So people living there don't put up huge Christmas light displays and distract passing motorists.

Last edited by seashoreCM; 04-25-2013 at 06:31 PM.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #4
mslangen
Mouseketeer

Hi All,

Thank for your answers. I'v been to Orlando several times, so I know my way around the airport. I'm connecting in Atlanta, so I will go through immigrations and customs there. I thought that I needed a separate confirmation for DME. I'm glad to hear that the room reservation with DME added will be good.

Thanks,

Marcel.
mslangen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #5
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mslangen View Post
Hi All,

Thank for your answers. I'v been to Orlando several times, so I know my way around the airport. I'm connecting in Atlanta, so I will go through immigrations and customs there. I thought that I needed a separate confirmation for DME. I'm glad to hear that the room reservation with DME added will be good.

Thanks,

Marcel.
Normally you would get a confirmation packet from DME..it would have your info, a map of the airport and route to DME, with vouchers for the bus ride and yellow luggage tags. BUT...they don't send those packets overseas. So, you should be fine with your resort confirmation. I would bring the confirmation that shows the DME on it.....just in case. There shouldn't be any issue, but I'm the person that brings copies of everything and anything that might possibly be needed!!!!
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: