Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 02:07 PM   #16
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

I fly SW every chance I get. I think you got a great price on R/T tickets. I'm paying $109 one way from Baltimore to Orlando, so $90 one way is terrific.

SW does not have TV or movies.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #17
mikedoyleblogger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbean View Post
Seriously? That is fabulous!!

This seems too good to be true. I feel like I've hit the jackpot actually!

It's totally true! If you book Southwest, keep checking periodically to see if the fare goes down. If it does, you can rebook (online or I imagine on the phone) your exact same flights at the lower rate, with the money you save remaining in your "Travel Fund" for use for additional Southwest travel within 12 months. (If you book at higher fare categories, this money may even be immediately refundable.) I don't believe it's an actual physical voucher. The money just remains in a virtual Travel Fund attached to your name--so with the caveat that you can't pool those monies. If two people are traveling together on the same reservation, they each have an individual Travel Fund (i.e. the person who made the reservation can't use all the monies just for themselves later.)

I rebooked our Memorial Day Weekend WDW trip last week for the same dates/flights when I saw that the fare suddenly dropped, and we saved $81 a ticket! (Which we'll use for our next WDW or DLR Disney trip on Southwest.)
WDW 1973 Poly | WDW Jul 1977 offsite | DLR Jul 1988 offsite | DLP Apr 2000 offsite | DLR Apr 2002 PPH | DLR Sep 2002 HoJo | DLR Dec 2002 HoJo (HolidayTime!) | DLR Apr 2003 HoJo | DLR Dec 2005 HoJo | DLR Mar 2013 HoJo | WDW May 2013 Pop | DLR Oct 2013 HoJo (HalloweenTime!) | DLR Aug 2014 GCH | DLR Sep 2014 DLH for the first time! (HalloweenTime!) | DLR Dec 2014 TBD (HolidayTime!) | Moving to L.A. 2015!

Last edited by mikedoyleblogger; 04-25-2013 at 03:25 PM.
mikedoyleblogger is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 03:32 PM   #18
elfling8
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedoyleblogger View Post
It's totally true! If you book Southwest, keep checking periodically to see if the fare goes down. If it does, you can rebook (online or I imagine on the phone) your exact same flights at the lower rate, with the money you save remaining in your "Travel Fund" for use for additional Southwest travel within 12 months. (If you book at higher fare categories, this money may even be immediately refundable.)
We rebooked our Manchester, NH to Orlando direct flight and got direct credit card refund - with the "wanna get away" or "online only" fares.

Me DH
DD10 DS8
elfling8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #19
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbean View Post

For a 5 hour drive, I could leave on the Sunday (my preference) and fly Southwest for $180/person direct. I just don't know anything about Southwest having never flown with them before.

I love the idea of all the extras with JetBlue but I'm not sure it's worth an extra $100 per person...

Does Southwest have free check in luggage? On board snacks? TVs in the seats? What is their cancellation policy like? Can I re-schedule if I need to without penalty?

Anything else I should know about Southwest (in your experience) before I book?

Thank you so much!!

FYI, all of your questions can be answered if you take a look at the websites for JetBlue and Southwest.

Also, direct and non-stop flights are two different things; direct flight do have stops. I'm not sure which one you meant in your question.
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: