DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #1
wbl2745
I've gone over to the Silly Symphony Swings to "spin dry."

Use of DVC Rented Points

In 2014 I'm going to be scheduling a trip for my whole family that will consume all of the points from my 2013 UY and will require additional points from my 2014 UY, which means that I will be borrowing points. I don't want to use up all of my 2014 UY points (I have to have my Disney fix in 2014/2015!), so I want to rent the 24 points from DVC (and still borrow some points for 2014 UY).

My question is whether I have to use all of my 2013 UY and 2014 UY points before DVC will let me rent 24 points? Do I have to be completely out of points available to me by borrowing before I can rent any points from DVC?

Thanks!

DVC Member since February 24, 2010
wbl2745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:38 PM   #2
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

This is what it says about the one-time use points:

As a Disney Vacation Club Member, occasionally you may find yourself in need of just few extra vacation points in order to book that perfect dream vacation. Previously, this required borrowing vacation points from a future use year, but very recently a new alternative was introduced. They're called "one-time-use" vacation points and are available for a fee of $15 ($13.33 plus $1.67 tax) per vacation point. Availability of one-time-use vacation points may be limited or suspended from time to time, and the fee is subject to change.
Details:
One-time-use vacation points are vacation points available for Disney Vacation Club Members to use as an alternative to borrowing vacation points from the following use year's allotment.
You can obtain a maximum of 24 one-time-use vacation points once per use year per membership.
A maximum of 24 one-time-use vacation points are processed in a single transaction, not multiple transactions.
The fee for one-time-use vacation points is $15 (including tax) per vacation point, and is subject to change.
One-time-use vacation points expire according to the use year of the reservation booked and are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be banked or borrowed.
One-time-use vacation points are not available for waitlist reservations.
One-time-use vacation points cannot be applied retroactively to existing reservations.
One-time-use vacation points are only available for Members whose contract is closed and in good standing.
One-time-use vacation points are available only for Disney Vacation Club Resorts, Disney Collection*, Adventurer Collection* and World Passport Collection reservations.

* Available when you purchase directly from Disney.
One-time-use vacation points used for Disney Vacation Club resort reservations can only be used up to 7 months prior to arrival.
One-time-use vacation points for Disney Collection, Adventurer Collection and World Passport reservations can be used according to the booking guidelines for each individual collection.

The bolded bits suggest you do not need to borrow available points before you can get them.
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 09:46 PM   #3
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

They will let you buy them without borrowing. We have done this twice.

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:10 AM   #4
Fan of Figment
Couldn't imagine life without WDW!

Are there any restrictions? Can people who bought resale buy one-time points?
Old 04-25-2013, 07:44 AM   #5
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan of Figment View Post
Are there any restrictions? Can people who bought resale buy one-time points?
These are the restrictions that I can remember:
  • you must be out of current use year points
  • you can buy up to 24 points in one transaction per use year (for example, you can't buy 10 and then later buy 5 more if both times are in the same use year)
  • You can only use the one-time points to book something that is 7 months or less away
Any member can purchase the points. It doesn't matter if you bought resale or direct.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:49 AM   #6
Fan of Figment
Couldn't imagine life without WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolMN View Post
These are the restrictions that I can remember:
  • you must be out of current use year points
  • you can buy up to 24 points in one transaction per use year (for example, you can't buy 10 and then later buy 5 more if both times are in the same use year)
  • You can only use the one-time points to book something that is 7 months or less away
Any member can purchase the points. It doesn't matter if you bought resale or direct.
Thanks for the info!
Old 04-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #7
wbl2745
I've gone over to the Silly Symphony Swings to "spin dry."

Thanks! Now I have to wait to November to book.

DVC Member since February 24, 2010
wbl2745 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: