Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 01:30 PM   #331
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Phew...I'm now caught up on both of your TR's.

Great photos of Festival of the Lion King. I'm with you...I was upset when I heard the rumors. We love that show.

I have to say your pictures with Pluto are absolutely priceless!

I'm sorry you and Mom were not well by that last full day and partial day. Always horrid to get sick on vacation.

However, you would never know it by looking at your photopass pictures.

I can't believe you got yet a second pearl that wouldn't fit in your setting.

You sure did get a lot of great souvenirs.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:54 PM   #332
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Wow, you got quite a hull there! Nice stuff.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #333
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Love all your goodies! You did great! Thanks for a wonderful TR!!!
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #334
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Phew...I'm now caught up on both of your TR's.

Great photos of Festival of the Lion King. I'm with you...I was upset when I heard the rumors. We love that show.

I have to say your pictures with Pluto are absolutely priceless!

I'm sorry you and Mom were not well by that last full day and partial day. Always horrid to get sick on vacation.

However, you would never know it by looking at your photopass pictures.

I can't believe you got yet a second pearl that wouldn't fit in your setting.

You sure did get a lot of great souvenirs.
I was so glad they aren't going to close FOLK! I do love those photos with Pluto, they turned out really great. It was no fun getting sick but at least it was only the last bit. Yep, three tries and no pearl small enough for my necklace. I was sad but at least it gave me an excuse to go back and try again on my solo trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Wow, you got quite a hull there! Nice stuff.
Thanks! I was very happy with everything I bought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Love all your goodies! You did great! Thanks for a wonderful TR!!!
Thanks! You are welcome on the TR, I've really enjoyed writing it and interacting with everyone who is reading and commenting.
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #335
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I loved seeing all your souvenirs!
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:02 AM   #336
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

I love all your souvenirs...but I have to say that I loved, LOVED your quilt! LOL..I have that same one!

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

NiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:27 AM   #337
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I loved seeing all your souvenirs!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
I love all your souvenirs...but I have to say that I loved, LOVED your quilt! LOL..I have that same one!

Nini
Too Funny! It definitely is a Small World.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:40 AM   #338
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Resort and Restaurant Review

Caribbean Beach Resort

Mom and I both loved CBR. I was a little worried going in because I had read some negative stuff about the size and bus system.

Yes, the resort is large but we never found the walk from Jamaica to Centertown or to the bus stop to be bad at all. I can see if you are staying in one of the distant villages that it might be a bit far but we used the internal bus system several times without much of a wait.

As for the bus system, other than the one morning where we were a little panicked about catching a bus to AK for our WAT, we had no problems at all. I donít blame the bus system for that one morning, we should have gotten a taxi since we needed to be there so early. I think the longest we waited for a bus was 10 minutes and that was the first day when we were headed to Epcot mid day. We never found the buses to be over crowded either, we did not stand one time the whole week.

Our room was very nice and clean and our location turned out to be ideal.

I canít comment too much on the food court since we only ate breakfast there but what we did eat was very good. It was crowded most mornings but we always found a seat without too much trouble.

We both loved the Straw Market too and spent a lot of time shopping in there.

In conclusion, we were really happy with the resort and would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Table Service Restaurants

Iím going to rank these from worst to best. Iím not including the Wave in this because we only had breakfast there. We did enjoy that breakfast enough that weíve talked about going back to try lunch or dinner sometime.

#6 Ė Raglan Road

We were very disappointed in this meal. Neither of us liked the bread, Momís salmon was over cooked and we both found our mashed potatoes to be bland and cold. My lamb though was very good. I was disappointed in my dessert because it had nuts which werenít mentioned at all on the menu. Mom liked the bread pudding but it was way too big and she barely made a dent in it.

#5 Ė Chefs De France

Another one we were slightly disappointed in. Mom had the same problems with her salmon and mashed potatoes that she had at Raglan Road and my chicken was dry. Mom did love her Lobster Bisque and we both liked the french baguette. The desserts were the redeeming factor that puts Chefs De France above Raglan Road.

#4 Mama Melrose (places 4, 3, and 2 are pretty close together, I had a hard time separating them out)

We had nothing to complain about here except maybe the amount of Pancetta on Momís Penne ala Vodka. She was warned ahead of time by the waiter about it so she couldnít say too much. Mama Melrose is a family favorite and we will be back many times in the future.

#3 Cape May Cafť

We loved everything about this meal. I only wish they still had the Oreo Bon Bons. Plus we were feeling really crummy during this meal. If it wasnít for those two things, it might have beat out the number 2. Mom really wants to take my SIL here in February because she loves Crab.

#2 Whispering Canyon Cafť

The food here was delicious! I could have eaten a whole plate just of the corn. We pretty much inhaled everything on our plates. We also really enjoyed the atmosphere of the restaurant. All of the shenanigans were fun to watch.

Continued in Next Post
Old 05-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #339
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

All caught up!

Overall, it sounds like you and your mom had a great trip!

I love all of your souvenirs! You did pretty well with your list. I'm sorry to hear about your glass Pluto though

Thanks for posting your reviews at the end. I always find them helpful. We had heard so many things about the size of AKL and how it took forever to walk anywhere, but we really didn't find it to be that bad - similar to your thoughts at CBR.

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:00 AM   #340
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Continued from Previous Post

#1 Le Cellier

This was by far our favorite meal. It was kind of a bummer that it was first because we spent the week saying ďwell that was good but not as good as Le CellierĒ. The pretzel bread was amazing and Mom and I both agreed that the steaks were some of the best we ever had. Dessert was also wonderful. This restaurant is on the top of the list for February because my brother really wants to eat here.

Counter Service Restaurants

#6 Ė Electric Umbrella

We kind of stumbled in here on our last day because we couldnít decide where else to eat. Mom did not like her vegetable flatbread at all because it was too spicy. My chicken tenders were fine but nothing special. I doubt we will go back here, there are much better choices in Epcot.

#5 Ė Cosmic Rays

A good burger for both of us but nothing special. It does have a great view of the castle if you sit in the right area. I would eat here again but it will be a while because there are other options in MK that I like much better.

#4Ė Studio Catering Company

Mom and I both enjoyed our sandwiches here and it was nice to have some healthier choices besides a burger. We had the same dessert as Cosmic Ray's so I didn't post the picture.

#3 Pizzafari

Our pizza was great and we enjoyed the nice indoor seating with the beautiful murals.

#2 Flame Tree Barbecue

Iím kind of shocked that I ended up putting Flame Tree at #2 rather than #1. Itís always been one of my favorite counter services and will continue to be my go to at AK. Mom and I both loved our chicken and ate every bite despite the fact that we had just eaten a snack on the WAT.

#1 Yorkshire County Fish Shop

They only make one thing but boy do they do it well! This was some of the best fish and chips Iíve ever had. And the sugar cookie for dessert was phenomenal. This is one of those meals that I dreamt about later it was that good. I think I like this equally with Flame Tree but put it at #1 because it was a new experience for me. I will be back here again in the near future.

And thatís the end! For everyone that has followed along, thank you! Iíve really enjoyed writing this TR and interacting with the readers. If you havenít already joined me for my solo TR, come on over, the link is in my signature. There will be more adventures coming up too as I have trips in the planning stages for October 2013, February 2014 and possibly May 2014.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:38 PM   #341
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

I love the way you did your food review at the end!!! Now I am hungry for some fish and chips...

Great TR, Arianna!
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:02 PM   #342
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

mmmmm cooorrrnnnbbrreeaaddddd!!!!!! (read in eeyores voice......) Everybody eats cornbread without me!

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #343
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

I really enjoyed your trip report!! i look forward to more updates on your other one as well!

WDW Visits: 1993, 1997
Disneyland/California Adventure Visit: 6/26/12
Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13

missangelalexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:13 PM   #344
katt789
DIS Veteran

Loving the resort and restaurant reviews! We really liked CBR as well, itís huge, but itís super nice, and the cheapest of the moderates, so thatís nice!! We never had a problem with the busses or size, glad you guys liked it too!

HECK YES Le Cellier is your top TS!! Mom and I definitely did the same thing for the rest of the week, we had the steak at CRT and were both ďitís really good, but itís no Le CellierĒ bahaha!

Aw man, Cosmic Rays is so awesome!! I love that place! Flame Tree is also really delicious, Iím really glad we got there on our last trip, itís so tasty. I really do want to try the ribs/chicken though!!

Heck yes for lots of trip plans!! Too bad no more of ours overlap! Then again, hereís hoping by fall of this year Iíll be working down there, bahaha!

Instagram:Katt789
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:37 AM   #345
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
All caught up!

Overall, it sounds like you and your mom had a great trip!

I love all of your souvenirs! You did pretty well with your list. I'm sorry to hear about your glass Pluto though

Thanks for posting your reviews at the end. I always find them helpful. We had heard so many things about the size of AKL and how it took forever to walk anywhere, but we really didn't find it to be that bad - similar to your thoughts at CBR.
We did have a wonderful trip! I'm still bummed about my glass Pluto. He's still sitting on my dresser in two pieces. I can't find a glue that works but I also can't bring myself to throw him out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
I love the way you did your food review at the end!!! Now I am hungry for some fish and chips...

Great TR, Arianna!
Thanks! I knew you would like the food review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
mmmmm cooorrrnnnbbrreeaaddddd!!!!!! (read in eeyores voice......) Everybody eats cornbread without me!
I'm actually ashamed to admit that I don't like cornbread. My Mom does though and she thought the WCC bread was awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missangelalexis View Post
I really enjoyed your trip report!! i look forward to more updates on your other one as well!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Loving the resort and restaurant reviews! We really liked CBR as well, itís huge, but itís super nice, and the cheapest of the moderates, so thatís nice!! We never had a problem with the busses or size, glad you guys liked it too!

HECK YES Le Cellier is your top TS!! Mom and I definitely did the same thing for the rest of the week, we had the steak at CRT and were both ďitís really good, but itís no Le CellierĒ bahaha!

Aw man, Cosmic Rays is so awesome!! I love that place! Flame Tree is also really delicious, Iím really glad we got there on our last trip, itís so tasty. I really do want to try the ribs/chicken though!!

Heck yes for lots of trip plans!! Too bad no more of ours overlap! Then again, hereís hoping by fall of this year Iíll be working down there, bahaha!
Thanks, Mom and I really did love CBR. And Le Cellier was fantastic. I was so bummed when it went to two credits for lunch. But we will get to eat there in February because we won't need an ADR on the day of my cousin's wedding.

I did like Cosmic Rays but probably not as much as you! Columbia Harbor House and Casey's have always been my favorites at MK.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: