Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 11:41 AM   #16
MarieLightning
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000HappyWishes View Post
Stitch is my favourite Disney character, but from what I've read about Great Escape I think it's something I'll skip next time around. Love the plushies though. He is TOO cute.
Yeah, we did it to say we had done it, and that served its purpose XD It's an interesting ride, and my aunt and uncle did end up riding it again on their own later in the week (and were sitting next to a guy who was getting really upset because of the water droplets people right? XD). But once was enough for Amber and me, and when we go back I don't think we'll do it again
Old 04-11-2013, 05:40 PM   #17
amberg93
DIS Veteran

Hi, my name is Amber and I'm hijacking this part of the trip report! :P Yes, I'm the very same Amber that has thus far been involved, but given that there has been a lack of update for waaaaay too long and Marie is busy with work and such. (And such involving a Caribbean cruise last week and a week in the Dominican Republic starting Saturday!)

I'm taking over! Hold on tight kiddos, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

November 11: Part 5 - "I don't get this game!"

When we last left off there was some suspense about us and fast passes. We got some, but where to?

If you guessed Space Mountain, you're a winner! If you didn't, that's okay, I'm still a fan of you.

With our fastpasses in hand, we decided that we needed to kill some time. Eager to get another ride in under our belts, we looked around and decided that there was a way to keep the party going. Not wanting to leave Tomorrowland, we didn't walk far before we decided upon..

Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin!

The standby time said something like 20 or 25 minutes and we still had a while before our fastpasses were due, so we hopped into line to wait.

It seemed like it took a while, but the line actually went pretty fast. I did have my moments of envy watching the fastpass people zoom in in front of us. But what could I do?

Here's Buzz filling us in on our duty to protect the galaxy from Zurg:

As first timers who had never played the game before there was definitely some confusion. Especially on the part of poor Marie who could not for the life of her figure anything out. Hence the chapter title. I didn't do too much better, but we all enjoyed the game nonetheless.

Behold Uncle Michel and Aunt Viviane in their redneck picture.

And of course me and Marie. I am much more intense about winning.

Clearly the rankings on the bottom were messed up because although I don't have a picture of Marie's score, it was only around 10,000 or so. It was really pitiful, but I digress.

After we exited the ride, we saw the line to meet Buzz Lightyear and of course we had to get in it! Now, we all like Buzz Lightyear, but what really excited me about meeting him was the fact that my cousin (who is 5) is a huuuuuge Buzz Lightyear fan and I know that he'd be so excited when I got home and showed him the picture.

Not to mention there were only like four people in head of us in line, so we figured it was an even more perfect time.

Me and Marie. Clearly there was some miscommunication as to which camera to look at first.

Uncle Michel and Aunt Viviane were excited too. Well, more Michel, since he's a huge Toy Story fan. Not that you can tell from this picture, but his lanyard is Toy Story!

Yay for the first character meeting!

Okay, even though we have no pictures of this (for I don't know what reason) what we did next was head over to the Carousel of Progress. I know this because, even though we didn't take notes, we did most everything in Tomorrowland our first night.

Being first timers at WDW, we did it more because we had the time on our hands and because Marie had heard that it was cool. So we got in and away we went.

We all loved it and Marie and I would be singing, "It's a great big beautiful tomorrooow." For the rest of the trip (another reason why I know we did it the first night). I'm really disappointed we took no picture when we made this choice because it was a great one.

At that point we still had time to kill, so we went ahead and got in line for the PeopleMover. Well, I say line, but it was really empty, so we walked on to get ourselves a view of Tomorrowland.

Aunt Viviane and Marie.

And of course we snapped some pictures, but none really of the surroundings because it's hard to do it in the dark and we were mostly just focused on enjoying the moment.

Obviously, I'm on a Disney high and hence why I'm so excited while everyone else is more reserved. (Marie will tell you that's just my face, but as we all saw in the first post, my face can be awfully grumpy)

Despite the darkness, we did manage one good photo that I absolutely adore.

I know it's no clear shot of the castle, but I still like it. I like that the Castle is there in the background, shining away in all of its Christmas glory. Beautiful. I think I'm going to miss all the Christmas lights on the Castle the next time we go.

When we got off the PeopleMover we finally headed over to Space Mountain to use our spiffy fastpasses!

We zipped through the queue, not even stopping to examine it. But don't worry, we'd have time for that another day. (Spoilers)

Once we got to the line they sent us to the left side. But before that, someone snapped a quick picture of others.

Enjoy your ride, random Disney World goers!

I insisted that I be in the absolute middle of the group because I was really nervous about the ride. Weird, I know, but I've got the roller coaster fears and I figured the middle would be the safest.

We all (mostly) ended up enjoying the ride, although I screamed a few times (I made sure to use Disney characters in place of swear words :P). Except Aunt Viviane whose back did not fare so well and had to be on painkillers for the rest of the trip afterward .

We were too slow to redneck a picture of the rocket with Marie, Aunt Viviane, and myself in it, but we did get one of Uncle Michel.

As you can see, he had fun and wasn't scared in the slightest.

Up next: What other trouble can we get into on our first night, especially now that we've used our fastpasses?

Click for the next post

May 2014 - All Star Sports PTR "I bet they get Charmin" Girls Trip **In progress**
September 2014 - All Star Movies + Port Orleans French Quarter "A for effort, C for execution." MNSSHP + F&W *In progress*

Last edited by amberg93; 04-22-2013 at 09:37 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 09:35 PM   #18
MarieLightning
Mouseketeer

I'm baaack. So yeah, as my lovely spouse has mentioned in her partial take over of this trip report, work has been pretty busy, and vacationing has been awesome. Not as awesome as if it had been a Disney trip, but what we payed for both the Cruise and the Dominican Republic week combined would not have payed for a week at Disney, so you know. Tough choices XD

I'll try and get back in the groove of things so that I can get this trip report finished before we go back! Which is a while from now, so that would be bad

So back on track!

November 11: Part 6 - "Did we just walk away from perfect fireworks viewing spot?"

After getting off Space Mountain, we didn't really have specific plans as to what we wanted to do. It wasn't very late, not even 8 by then I believe, but we were all pretty tired from being up early and traveling. Still, we didn't want to leave the park so soon!

We walked down the walkway and I tried to snatch a picture. I definitely am lacking in aiming skills.

We made it back over to Main Street USA, and I took the opportunity to take some castle pictures.

I mean, how gorgeous is it?! Amber is almost depressed at the thought of it not being all lit up when we go back, since it will be in May.

My silly camera doesn't even do it justice. I'm due to get another one soon though (the one I have dates from either Christmas 2007 or early 2008, so it's had a good run but it's starting to feel its years!) so when I get back to the kingdom, I shall hopefully be able to get some better pictures, especially in the dark!

Now, at that point, we were right about where Walt and Mickey's statue is. However, silly me had come very unprepared for this first park day - yet you should see my planning notebook! Full of notes all over the place about parades and show times, rides with fastpasses queues, counter services and snacks to try out, dinner reservations numbers and times, and so on. We'd also grabbed one of those spiffy pamphlets that has most of the information you could be looking for during the day - however, they probably had ended up either in our bag or in Amber's pockets.

People were lining the streets and the sidewalks by then, so I figured the parade must be starting some time soon! It was maybe 7:40 at that point, and I thought it must be at 8, so I asked one of the custodial cast members who was walking around to confirm what time the parade started. He answered it was at 9, so still quite a while away! I never even though of Wishes, because I thought they came on after the parade.

I informed the rest of the group and suggested we go find a snack to grab in the meantime, maybe find a seated spot as well. We started walking away and headed over to the other side of the park, walking by the Crystal Palace, and just as we were about to cross the bridge into Adventureland, an announcement comes on... for Wishes, starting in 15 minutes! *facepalm* We'd just been standing in the perfect spot for fireworks viewing, and we moved away, willingly. Bad planning will do this to you, people.

We moved back over to stand in front of the Crystal Palace, right on the other side of the small lake. Then it started, and honestly, it really didn't matter where we were - it wasn't optimal, but it was still an amazing show, and so magical. I've always gotten a funny, silly, happy feeling whenever I've watched fireworks, but watching Disney fireworks... that was just so amazing!

This is the only picture I took because, again, camera has issues with darkness, and I also didn't want to look at the whole of the fireworks show through my camera viewer.

Once it was over, we went back to our original plan of looking for food and a sitting spot for the parade. We made our way through Liberty Square, where my aunt stopped by Ye Old Christmas Shoppe to buy an ornament, and I had to keep myself from getting one too! (Or well, Amber kept me from buying one). We also saw Tiana out for greeting, but they had just closed the line and she wouldn't be back out for another 20 minutes, so we passed by.

Now, by that point, we were starting to get pretty tired, and while I'm a bit more friendly when I wake up in the morning, evening tiredness makes me cranky. As for Amber, any kind of tiredness makes her cranky XD Neither of us we fully there yet, but it was starting to make itself known.

We sat on a low wall in front of the Golden Oak Outpost, and then I went looking around for a snack. There wasn't much around though, except for popcorn and frozen lemonade, and so I came back with no food. We sat for maybe ten, fifteen minutes, and by that point we were really starting to get tired. Amber wanted to go to sleep, and she didn't feel like waiting another 20 minutes for the parade to start - she would have rather waited for Tiana, which I didn't want to do because I knew it wouldn't interest my aunt and uncle, and also, with my camera that didn't work well in the dark, it wouldn't be much worth it, so I preferred waiting until we'd come back and meet her in daylight.

After talking it over, we chose to get going. I was still hungry though, and I wanted to grab something before leaving - I decided to stop by Main Street Bakery on the way out, but the line was pretty intensive, and the delicious, but very sweet smell inside the store gave Amber a headache (which made me even grumpier because I just wanted to eat something - see how this was turning here? XD).

Once we got back out, I saw an empty spot right by the edge of the sidewalk. By then it was maybe ten minutes to the parade, and I thought it would be a waste to miss it. My aunt and uncle didn't mind, and I managed to get Amber to agree. With those few minutes to spare, I also went on my way to the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor and finally got my hands on food. Yay!

I got a chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich, with chocolate ice cream, which was huuuge and sooo good. I failed to take a picture of it though, but it was gone as soon as one can eat that big an ice cream sandwich. My uncle accompanied me as he was also craving something, and he got the Plaza Ice Cream Sundae, which is vanilla ice cream with hot fudge, whipped cream and cherry in a waffle cone. Yum.

And then - at long last - the Main Street Electrical Parade started!

I know a lot of people don't like it as much because of Spectromagic, but since I'd never seen that one, I really enjoyed the Electrical Parade. There's something about the song too that's really catchy, which I'm thinking is probably the point of it XD

Alice!

Fancy mice going to the ball XD They have such pretty outfits

Cinderella

Those dresses must be so heavy, honestly with how long the route they have to go is and the dancing, hats off to these ladies

It's a ship! Peter Pan, Captain Hook, stop fighting! Don't you know Disney World's the happiest place on earth?!

Next came my Aunt's favorites - the seven dwarves, and of course, Snow White!

And of course, to finish off the parade, 'Murica!

As you can easily guess, once the parade was over, we quickly made our way over to the buses! A very good point to the French Quarter is that, with it being very small, it's generally easy to get sitting space on the buses, even if you get out of the park with the crowds. We enjoyed the sound of crickets and banjo from the bus as we headed back to the resort, and that was the end of our first day at Disney World. We collapsed in bed and were asleep within minutes!

Click for next post

Last edited by MarieLightning; 03-26-2014 at 09:32 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:27 AM   #19
amberg93
DIS Veteran

Angry November 11 - Part 6.5: Why Amber Acted Like a Jerk

Marie is too nice to me, cause I'll be honest I can be such a jerk when I'm tired. I just get grumpy (to the extreme) when I'm tired. The worst is when I'm tired and hungry, but still. After that night I felt pretty bad the next day because I knew I'd been a jerk. Still, in the interest of better understanding what was going on, I'll tell you how I'd have written it.

So without further statement, here is:

November 11 - Part 6.5: Why Amber Acted Like a Jerk

By the time the fireworks were over, I was actually ready to leave. We'd gotten up early, we hadn't slept much the night before and we had spent time traveling. Traveling always makes me tired (partly because of my motion sickness medicine) and if I hadn't been so excited for Disney, I'd have crashed much sooner. After the fireworks seemed like the perfect time to leave to me, since people would still be waiting around for the parade.

However, other people wanted to go check out the Christmas shop and I was trying to be supportive and not a jerk. Tiana was meeting people with Naveen though and I wanted to hop in line, it'd have been our first princess meet of the trip and she'd have her prince with her! Unfortunately, she was going on break and wouldn't be back for 20 minutes. Now here's where I look like a jerk. Yes, I'd wait 20 minutes for Tiana and Naveen but not 20 minutes for the parade. Meeting Tiana would be meeting a princess and a prince and it was quiet over there, with places to sit down and just relax. Plus, after we were done we could leave while the parade was going on and miss the crowds!

That wasn't exactly what everyone else was thinking though and so we just decided to leave after the shop. Except, Marie was hungry. This made me more annoyed because we were supposed to leave and now we were stopping in the bakery? Ugh. I was the opposite of hungry, I was so not hungry that even the thought of food was bad. There were too many people around, the line was too long and the shop smelled so sweet I was getting a headache. I just wanted to be gone and I was telling people as much. After all, we'd agreed to leave.

Sidenote: In the back of my mind I was worried about the impression I was making on Marie's aunt and uncle. They'd never spent much time with us when I'd been so vocal (not speaking French leaves me quiet during family events) and this was probably the first time they'd have a chance to get an impression of who I really was and who their niece had married. I was kinda failing at that, but hopefully they'd forgive me later.

After leaving the bakery empty handed, Marie saw a spot for the parade. My logic was still in the 'we can see the parade another night, but let's beat the crowds leaving tonight'. However, I was outnumbered. Marie wanted to see the parade, her aunt and uncle were interested. I gave in because I was outnumbered, but I was super annoyed with Marie. They'd said we'd be leaving! We were supposed to be heading back to POFQ! Now we were watching a parade!

To be honest, the only thing I remember about the parade is the music and being annoyed with Marie. That's it. I know, I kinda ruined it for myself, but even if I hadn't been annoyed, I was so tired that my mind just didn't focus on it well at all.

When we finally left I could have sung praises. All I remember from that point on is the relief that sleep was near and nothing else. I couldn't tell you what conversations took place, where we sat on the bus, or even how quickly we walked to the room. I do know I was asleep pretty quick and happy to be so.

So there you have it, the explanation as to why I was being so difficult. I know it doesn't paint me in the best light, but it's the truth. At least nothing like that happened again during the trip and I was a happy camper. Yay Disney!

Click for next post
May 2014 - All Star Sports PTR "I bet they get Charmin" Girls Trip **In progress**
September 2014 - All Star Movies + Port Orleans French Quarter "A for effort, C for execution." MNSSHP + F&W *In progress*

Last edited by amberg93; 04-23-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:50 PM   #20
MarieLightning
Mouseketeer

Lesson learned: Don't keep Amber up on the first day next time we go to Disney XD

Moving on

November 12: Part 1 - "Why is it red on the right if hot water is on the left?!"

We got up fairly early the next day, wanting to make it to Hollywood Studios right about opening time! This was our only day at DHS, so of course we wanted to spend as much time there as was possible. My aunt and uncle called us before they went for breakfast at the hotel's food court, and Amber and I got washed up to get ready for the day.

I got showered first, which started out as a cold shower. That was pretty weird to me - sure, it was morning, and chances were a lot of people would have been showering before their park day, but there's also generally a lot of people who prefer evening showers. How could they be out of hot water already?!

Turns out, they weren't

I don't know if you can spot the problem there, but that was my mistake. Hot water's always on the left. I mean, I know that - that's how it is at my house, my friends' house, Canada or US, that's how it is everywhere.

Why would Disney have it differently? Well, they wouldn't. 'cept whoever made up these showers didn't agree, cause to me, red is hot and blue is cold. Thankfully, about halfway through I figured it out and it saved me from taking a full on cold shower.

I got ready to go while Amber showered and then we met up my aunt and uncle at the lobby. We headed to the bus stop, and it wasn't long before a bus pulled up for Hollywood Studios! Yay!

All the parks have such awesome Christmas trees, I can't even! And I was so happy about Christmas decorations being up pretty much everywhere by then! I hadn't been sure of that since it was still rather early November, but Disney clearly takes after my own heart

We walked inside the park, and I already knew what I wanted to do. I knew the one ride we had to hurry for, from reading up on it, if we wanted to ride it at all!

Problem was, not being familiar with the park, I couldn't exactly run over to where I was headed - I wasn't even sure of where I was headed! Still took the time to stop for a hat picture though XD

I was also getting a bit antsy at this time, because everybody else was being slow! Like, come on guys, we need to hurryyyyy!

Pixar Place! How can a place not be awesome when it's called Pixar Place? It can't

And of course, Toy Story Mania was our destination! No way we could ride it right away though - the wait time was already horrendous, about an hour, and while that can be acceptable to me in certain cases, this was not one of those times. We grabbed fast passes, and return time was already for half past one in the afternoon!

Clearly, we still had a lot of time to kill before riding, but that was fine by me. There were a lot of things we wanted to see! I got a couple more pictures from the surrounding as we left Pixar Place

I mean, even the trash cans are awesome!

We headed down the road and spotted exactly what we would do next. Hello, Voyage of the Little Mermaid!

I really loved this show, it was so neat! The girl who played Ariel was adorable, and she had such a great singing voice

And then when the bubbles came down (Gaah, I can't remember when, my logic tells me it was during Under the Sea, but it could also have been at the end?), it just felt magical. Like, hello, I'm five again, let me try and catch all these bubbles!

Once the show was done, we headed off to find what else to do! We were right by the Animation Courtyard, so we went in, not really knowing what we would do once inside though. There were so many things to do with so little time! If I had to plan one thing differently, I would have for sure tried to fit in a second Hollywood Studios day - but then, I feel like the amount we spent in each other park was perfect, so I guess it worked out to the best whichever way, and now we have another reason to go back - more DHS time!

We ended up getting in line to meet Sorcerer Mickey because he was out!

We stayed around a little after that, and did the voice over thing with the Hakuna Matata clip, and the Beauty and the Beast clip. It was pretty cool, though no voice over career for me. I was baaad at it!

Once out of the building, we decided to fit in more character greetings! According to the spiffy times guide, there were plenty of characters coming out in front of the hat all morning, so we headed over there. We got right in line, and soon after, the first set of characters came out!

Goofy and Pluto! I love that picture so much, with Goofy bowing to my aunt and Pluto just giving the biggest hug to my uncle. So cute!

Amber got a big Pluto hug too, but I wasn't ready for it, so the only picture we have of her encounter is a Fastpass picture

Still adorable though!

And finally, I got my picture too!

Once we were done character greeting these two, we noticed a gathering that was starting up in front of the hat. We headed right over and watched this quick little show unfold!

We were awesome audience members, if I do say so myself XD We were just jumping up and down and screaming and clapping super loud when they went around with the 'applause' sign, the girls kept giving us thumbs up!

Once it was done, we went on our way as there didn't actually seem to be other characters out - they had all come out and gone at the same time

That was okay though - I had something else in mind that I needed to do, after reading about it so much on the Disboards!

Click for next post

Last edited by MarieLightning; 03-26-2014 at 09:34 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:42 AM   #21
dislover415
Earning My Ears

Hi I read through your report and it looks like you had a good time and I look forward to reading more of it

At my graduation trip my family is going to be staying at the French Quarter and I wanted to ask how the buses were cuz you don't seem to mention that often. Was there a lot of wait time?

My family still hasn't decided if we want to rent a car or use the buses
Old 04-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #22
MarieLightning
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dislover415 View Post
Hi I read through your report and it looks like you had a good time and I look forward to reading more of it

At my graduation trip my family is going to be staying at the French Quarter and I wanted to ask how the buses were cuz you don't seem to mention that often. Was there a lot of wait time?

My family still hasn't decided if we want to rent a car or use the buses

Hi! We definitely had an awesome time, and I'm sure you will too! POFQ is an awesome resort, we really loved it!

In regards to the transportation, from what I can remember, there generally wasn't much wait time. I also only remember two times when there was no standing room, one of which being when we left Animal Kingdom at closing time.

Generally, we left 40-30 minutes before the opening of the park we were headed to, and came back by closing time, or not very long past it on EMH evenings, so we would mostly use the buses right about peak time when they're most frequent. I don't remember waiting much more than 10 minutes at any point, maybe 15? It's a little far now in my memory XD

Then again, keep in mind that we went during what would be considered as low season, whereas a graduation trip would start being more in mid-high season, so generally buses run a bit more often when the crowd levels are higher

Also, the only inconvenient I would point out with the buses is the fact that they sometimes, though rarely, will go through Riverside as well. That only happened twice during our whole trip, once when coming back from a park (they dropped off POR people first), and once going to Epcot (it actually went through almost eeevery bus stop, and since Riverside is huge, they have a lot of those! But that's also due to the fact that the bus was pretty much empty so I guess he was looking for more people to load in)
Old 04-25-2013, 03:04 PM   #23
dislover415
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieLightning View Post
Hi! We definitely had an awesome time, and I'm sure you will too! POFQ is an awesome resort, we really loved it!

In regards to the transportation, from what I can remember, there generally wasn't much wait time. I also only remember two times when there was no standing room, one of which being when we left Animal Kingdom at closing time.

Generally, we left 40-30 minutes before the opening of the park we were headed to, and came back by closing time, or not very long past it on EMH evenings, so we would mostly use the buses right about peak time when they're most frequent. I don't remember waiting much more than 10 minutes at any point, maybe 15? It's a little far now in my memory XD

Then again, keep in mind that we went during what would be considered as low season, whereas a graduation trip would start being more in mid-high season, so generally buses run a bit more often when the crowd levels are higher

Also, the only inconvenient I would point out with the buses is the fact that they sometimes, though rarely, will go through Riverside as well. That only happened twice during our whole trip, once when coming back from a park (they dropped off POR people first), and once going to Epcot (it actually went through almost eeevery bus stop, and since Riverside is huge, they have a lot of those! But that's also due to the fact that the bus was pretty much empty so I guess he was looking for more people to load in)
I hope we have a good time too, we all liked how it looked. Made me feel a bit like a because of the coloring!

I think we might lean toward renting a car if thats the case. Especially since Im not always the most patient person when waiting for things and I think even more at Disney. I'll just want to get in and see everything

Thanks so much for the advice
Old 04-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #24
MarieLightning
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dislover415 View Post
I hope we have a good time too, we all liked how it looked. Made me feel a bit like a because of the coloring!

I think we might lean toward renting a car if thats the case. Especially since Im not always the most patient person when waiting for things and I think even more at Disney. I'll just want to get in and see everything

Thanks so much for the advice
I know what you mean, that's exactly the reason why I loved the looks of POFQ so much! It made me feel royal

That's definitely a good way to go when you have the possibility of it, too! I personally hate driving so I couldn't, but I know the parking system works well (as long as you make sure to write down where you're parked!) and plus, it's free, so why not! Also makes it so much simpler if you want to do some resort dining or exploring

I'm glad I could help
Old 04-25-2013, 04:26 PM   #25
MarieLightning
Mouseketeer

Real Life Update #1

Hey guys! I just wanted to update you on something that's making me super excited right now that Amber and I decided on!

We've been married for a year, but we never did have a big wedding. We did it very simple, just us and my parents as witnesses, to get immigration stuff going, telling ourselves we would have a big vows renewal ceremony later on with all our friends and loved ones.

There's been many ups and downs in that journey, trying to decide what to do, what to spend, who to invite, where to do it and so on. In the past couple of days, we've even looked at a Disney wedding, with the Escape package, trying to figure out how we could possibly do it (spoiler alert - we can't :P)

Today, we came to a conclusion. We're already married. We have each other, and since whatever we can afford would only give us a glimpse at our dream wedding anyway, why spend 10,000$ on one day that might end up not living up to our expectations anyway?

Why not, instead, take that money and plan Disney trip with all our closest friends?

Which is what we've decided to do!

Plans are still at a very tentative stage, especially since we're looking at August 2014 so prices aren't even out yet and I'm not able to book my vacation for 2014 until early December.

However, we've established the following basics - since there's 9 of us, and I can get maximal discount on up to two rooms at my job (and we don't sell any of the villas like at Old Key West or Saratoga Springs, etc), we're thinking of doing one standard room and one family suite at....

The Art of Animation!

I'm so excited about this, because even though it's a value resort, I love the looks of it so much! Amber loves the movie Cars, so that's definitely the section we would stay in for the family suite, and then I really love the looks of the Little Mermaid rooms so I'm eager to see those as well!

That's gonna be a lot of planning to do, bringing 7 people along who've never been to Disney World! And never in my life had I thought I would be able to pay for my friends to go on such a trip, but I prefer spending it on an unforgettable week with all my closest friends than on one single day for myself (because truth be told, Amber was letting me pick most of what it would be like).

And besides, that won't stop us from getting bridal Minnie ears, right?

Click for next post

Last edited by MarieLightning; 03-26-2014 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:38 PM   #26
Disneyfam4life
Earning My Ears

Loved the pictures!!
Old 04-26-2013, 09:25 PM   #27
MarieLightning
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfam4life View Post
Loved the pictures!!
Thanks! I'm glad you did Lots more coming up!
Old 04-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #28
MarieLightning
Mouseketeer

November 12: Part 2 - "They have seasonal cupcakes!"

We didn't have very far to go to head to our next destination: Starring Rolls! I'm a cupcakes fan myself, and when I saw the kind of cupcakes they have there... I mean, I'd be crazy to pass it over!

My aunt, uncle and Amber waited for me outside, and Amber took that opportunity to snap a couple of pictures

Now, I had fully intended to get the red velvet cupcake. It looks amaaaazing and I would just omnomnom that right up. However, I found myself faced with a dilemna when I walked in and saw they had a seasonal cupcake. And no, I did not get both

I ended up grabbing the seasonal one, figuring the red velvet cupcake should be there still when we go back!

It was pumpkin flavored with maple frosting, and it was deliiiicious. I didn't actually end up eating it then and there, because at that point there wasn't that much time left before our lunch reservation and I didn't want to fill up. Bad timing right? I did end up eating it later on as breakfast (breakfast of champions as my wife would say) and it was so good, and still moist in spite of having spent a couple of days in the mini fridge.

We closed up the box and put it away in the backpack to head over to our next activity pick!

No, not the Tower of Terror just yet

I just love the theming so much. Like, everywhere. I don't think I saw a single place out of every single park that was disappointing to me. I was probably looking at it with first timer's rose colored lenses, but I don't mind. It was awesome

Our destination was Beauty and the Beast! It was a morning full of shows!

We got there about 10 minutes or so before the next showing, so we just settled right in. In the meantime, we tried to familiarize ourselves a bit more with the layout of the park!

And I took a picture of Amber's awesome Monster Boo hair bow, because it's just adorable (you'll see a lot of similar bows during this trip - and if you don't know of them, check out Magical Ribbons, she makes such incredible bows)

I really enjoyed the show! I think it was really well made, and the actors were awesome. Seriously, I kept trying to figure out if they were just lip-syncing to it (well, some of it was recorded like Mrs Potts and Lumiere cause you know, it's hard to sing in that big a costume!) because their voices were so spot on! Especially Gaston, he was really great

I will definitely go see it again when I go back!

Once the show ended, we started making our way over for lunch time! The crowd level seems pretty big on this picture, but it really wasn't that bad. For one thing, Hollywood Studios is very compact, and for another, that's mostly the crowd that'd just exited the BatB show XD

We walked by Muppets Vision 3D on our way to food - this is something else we didn't make the time to see and we will definitely put it on our list for the next trip

I really like the Muppets area, it's such neat theming once again!

"What's the difference between puppets and Muppets?" "Well, a puppet is actually controlled by a person, whereas I am an actual talking frog" Oh Kermit

Enough of Muppets though! Anyone who knows the layout of the park should be expecting where we're headed next for lunch

Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano!

Click for next post

Last edited by MarieLightning; 03-26-2014 at 09:36 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:26 PM   #29
MarieLightning
Mouseketeer

November 12: Part 3 - "I wanna marry this steak"

Finally, food pictures coming up! This is the moment we've been waiting for! (Or not, that's also cool)

We checked in maybe 10 minutes or so before our reservation times, and they gave us a spiffy beeper again! I was really ridiculously excited with beepers. I don't even know why

The lobby area was packed, partly with people waiting to be seated, but mostly with people trying to get in without a reservation. Not to say Mama Melrose is the most popular restaurant in Hollywood Studios, but being one of the three that's part of the Fantasmic package probably helps some, and the place was just full at that time, so definitely no room for the huge line outside the door hoping to get in!

It was about 15 minutes before we were brought to our table! It was a bit cramped, but that's probably mostly due to the fact that the group at the table behind us had sat an extra adult at the end of the table. If it hadn't been for that, there would have been plenty of space

I don't remember the name of our waitress, though she was very nice. I do remember she was from England, and she was veeery pregnant. Like, past the 8 months mark pregnant if I remember correctly. I hope she wasn't doing a whole day shift, because I can't imagine walking around all day, carrying trays, while I'm 8 months pregnant (but then, we're very spoiled in Quebec with our maternity leaves so maybe that's why)

Because we were on the Fantasmic dining package, we were told we could each have an appetizer along with our entree, and then the dessert was a shared platter

My aunt got the Mozzarella and Tomatoes, which she enjoyed a lot

Amber got the minestrone, which according to her was okay, but then she picked it because no other appetizer was appealing to her, so someone who actually likes all vegetables soup would probably enjoy it more

Both my uncle and I got the Caesar salad! That's pretty much the only type of salad I eat, and I really liked it. I'm very picky about my Caesar dressing and this one was really good. That crouton was also delicious

Nom, bread!

Soon, our main dishes came out!

I got the chicken parmigianna with penne pasta instead of spaghetti, and it was good. The chicken was very tasty and moist, not dry at all

My aunt got the chicken campanelle, which she also enjoyed

My uncle had the wood grilled tuna, which came with risotto and diced tomatoes. I'm pretty sure he ate all of it, and he liked it as well!

And now Amber. Amber got the strip steak with five-cheese baked macaroni. And she was *raving* about it for the rest of the trip. She actually still talks about it sometimes, and it's also one of the things she's most excited about for our next trip - going back to Mama Melrose so she can have more of this steak

I tried it myself, and it's honestly really good. I'm not a big steak person, or a red meat fan in general. But honestly, there's very good chances this is what I'll also get when we go back

Once we were filled up well enough, they brought forward the dessert platter!

It consisted of tiramisu, chocolate torte cake (that may not be the proper name for it but that's what I'm calling it), cheesecake and panna cotta with candied cherries. I tried a bit of everything, and it was all good. I was especially a fan of the cheesecake, but then I always am

Overall, we were all very satisfied with our meal! The food was good, the portion size was perfect, not too much or too little, and sharing a dessert made it a lot more reasonable.

We headed back out to the park, and we still had a bit of time to kill before our Toy Story Mania fastpasses window opened up (still!). We walked by the ABC Commissary

Castle! Honestly, until I saw all the posters around that restaurant, I never even realized that's what 'ABC' Commissary stood for. I legit thought it was like... alphabet themed. I'm not even kidding. I wish I was, but I'm not.

We took a stroll down the Streets of America on our way to Pixar Place! Again, omg theming

Amber noticed while we were walking around just how beat up and bad the pavement looked, and for a little bit she wondered why that was seeing as everywhere else looks Disney perfect. Then she realized - they are the streets of *America* (though, they might as well be the streets of Canada too, our roads look just as awful)

Click for next post

Last edited by MarieLightning; 03-26-2014 at 09:40 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:22 PM   #30
MarieLightning
Mouseketeer

November 12: Part 4 - "Don't take a picture of our score!"

We finally got back to Pixar Place, ready to go on our first (and, we figured, probably only) ride of Toy Story Midway Mania! The green soldier man was out greeting people, but we bypassed him

I honestly didn't really know what to expect of the game. I'd seen pictures, I'd heard about it a lot, and I wasn't too sure if it would be one of those things that get hyped a lot and then are disappointing, or if it would meet expectations!

Then again, any ride that looks that awesome from the outside can't be bad, right?

We went through the fastpass lane, and I think just that took us maybe 15 minutes or so. The standby wait was maybe an hour and a half at that point though, so they probably had to be a bit better at alternating the fastpass lane and the regular lane, and then at the point where both meet there isn't really much else they can do XD

Those glasses are flattering on just anyone - especially on people who wear regular glasses under them!

The wait went by pretty quick, and soon we got on the ride. Amber enjoyed it, as did my aunt and uncle, and I loved it! There was just so much going on and the fact that you get a limited amount of time at each little game that make up the ride make it that much more exciting. Expectations: met!

(Amber wasn't happy that I took a picture of the scores, cause I beat her - especially because she killed me at Buzz Lightyear's game, but who needs picture proof anyway :P)

Once we got off the ride, we split up in two groups. We had stuck all four together for the beginning of the trip, but at some point, we realized we wouldn't always be wanting to do the same thing and that was okay! My aunt and uncle went their way, and Amber and I went ours... to get more fastpasses!

Tower of Terror! Can you feel the chills?

While waiting our return window to come by, we went over to Rock N Roller Coaster to see what the wait time was. Unfortunately, they'd just closed it down And for some crazy reason, I never thought of going back to it! So we didn't get to ride it at all. I have no idea if it even reopened though. Oh well - next time!

Hello, Route 66!

Pixar Pal's Countdown to Fun Parade was maybe 20 minutes from starting at this point, so we went and found ourselves a good spot to watch. While waiting, they started doing this choreography in the middle of the street and getting people to join in!

As soon as they were done, the parade started!

That song gets stuck in your head something fierce, too!

The Incredibles!

I have very faded memories of A Bug's Life. I think I've only seen it once when I was little, not long after it came out - I think I also mix it up with Antz a lot XD

I love the parade dancers' costumes so much

Maybe the reason I didn't watch this movie more than once is the whole bugs thing XD Never been a fan of bugs myself

Most of them are cute though. So probably not the reason

Emile! I love Ratatouille. I also love how it's set in France and only half the characters have a French accent. To be fair, rats probably wouldn't have accents whichever way

Then again, what is most logical - to give characters a French accent in an English movie to represent the fact that they're French? Or to just have them speak normally, because in their universe they're just speaking French anyway, and the only reason we hear them speak English is because the movie is in English.

The pointless things I ponder (I've also had that wondering about Beauty and the Beast, 'cept that one is even weirder, cause the only character with a French accent is Lumiere. Like, the chandelier? Really?)

Monster Boo! I failed to get a good picture

Click for next post

Last edited by MarieLightning; 03-26-2014 at 09:42 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: