Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 05:54 PM   #91
SapphireMind
Mouseketeer

I have no issue about the FE gifts being homemade (heck mine are homemade and not fancy) or anything else but I guess I was rubbed the wrong way with the way it was phrased. I read the original post, and while the TA did give gifts, the way it was put made it seem like even if you don't have that TA, if you put one out, you'll get gifts, and only maybe you might want to get a few for others. And if you want to give randomly, I think that's great too (I have extras to give away)

It's just the implication to me when you are putting it out there with no caveats, isn't a good idea. Some people might do it, and expect gifts and not get any, which would make me sad, especially if it they didn't know about the system.

I think if she had said something about message boards arranging exchanges, or families doing exchanges, I would have felt like it wasn't as distasteful.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #92
atwood
Earning My Ears

I think the homemade stuff is the best and even more so when a child makes it
atwood is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #93
LemonPie
Mouseketeer

OK. Not exactly on topic but I plan to make door "porthole" ears and randomly "ear" rooms. It just sounds like fun to me. Yes I have accepted that I am a tad off but like to spread the joy. Too strange?
LemonPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:44 PM   #94
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonPie View Post
OK. Not exactly on topic but I plan to make door "porthole" ears and randomly "ear" rooms. It just sounds like fun to me. Yes I have accepted that I am a tad off but like to spread the joy. Too strange?
No, fun. As long as you are doing it for fun and expect nothing but good karma back, go for it.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:01 PM   #95
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonPie View Post
Awesome!!! I would love coming back to my room and seeing that.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: