Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 01:35 PM   #1111
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

The photographers were wrapping up for the night, but we convinced them to do a couple of quick shots. You could tell though they were not excited to do so. I asked for magic shots with the kids and they told me they are no longer an option. I have since found out that she was lying and that kind of irks me a bit.

A few more of our own.

Claireís face in this next one cracks me up. I guess she was going for disgusted pirate.

And Abby needed a quick one with Admiral Donald.

We then headed back to t the room. I think Claire wanted to change if I remember right and Alexis also went to change.

Our towel buddy for the night.

And back to Gailís room to meet up to go to the fireworks. Crazy pirate Abby.

A self-portrait on the way.

It was extremely crowded when we got out on deck. Massive amounts of people. We weaved around and went up to the next deck, the family following along, but somewhere along the line we lost them. I had Claire and Alexis with me. We just stopped near a pole and made that our spot. There was just no way to be able to see very good with amount of people there.

The little show started and this EXTREMELY tall guy comes and stands right in front of the girls. I couldnít even see around him. He was abnormally tall and it was so annoying. The pole we were against had a railing around it and I propped the girls up in a sitting position on it to try to get them a better view. I couldnít really take pictures because I was holding them in place and plus Mr. Tall was in the way.

I did get one of shot of Captain Jack coming down.

It was then time for fireworks. I am still trying to perfect those kinds of shots, but this was not a time that was happening. It was too crowded and I was getting bumped. Basically none of them turned out nice, but these are the best of the bunch, even though they are nothing like I would hope for.

After the fireworks we didnít move to fast to leave. It was pretty much impossible to do so. I decided to take pictures of the Aquaduck then.

jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #1112
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

The dance party had begun so we moved over by the railing and watched a bit of it.

I did a little dancing in my spot …you know because I am cool like that …..but the girls told me I was bad and I needed to stop. Oh well.

We didn’t find any family members, but it appears Gail did take Abby to see Tinkerbell.

We then left and worked our way to the pirate buffet in Cabanas. We weren’t really hungry, but I wanted to check it out. We did get a few dessert items and both girls barely even ate a bite of it.

After we ate a bit, I ran back up to the buffet to take a few pictures.

They had a lot of fruit carved. It was so neat ….BUT there was a family with some kids and they took the musk melons off to eat!!! (cantaloupe to you city folk) Yep. The kids each took a melon off the display and put it on a plate. I was shocked that the parents didn’t say anything, but they just laughed wondering how the kids were going to eat all that. How could they not know this was just a display? Alexis and Claire were thoroughly disgusted by this too and kept talking about it …loudly and they were just 2 tables away, but I didn’t stop them.

While I was taking pictures, a CM came over and wanted to guide me around to take more.
He pointed out these and they were something carved, but I can’t remember what now. It might’ve been done out of chocolate? But that doesn’t sound right to me right now.

Alexis was now worried where her family was and wanted to leave. This was also code that she is tired. Claire didn’t use code with me, she plain out told me she needed to go to bed.
So we finished up our desserts, well they decided one bite was enough …and headed back to give Alexis back to her family.
I think we knocked on Mary and Geoff’s door as to not wake Abby, but if I remember right, she was the one answering the door. LOL

We headed to bed ourselves. It had been a long and very fun day. I don’t think we stayed up too much later. I think we flicked the TV on for a short while and then went out.

We had been to yet another port today! Same country, same bed, but new destination and I laid my head down on the pillow as we floated away from the Bahamas.
Oh the Places We Go!

I had seen Diser JohnPA right below our room that morning. What a coincidence to be so close!
Oh the People We See!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #1113
JohnPA
DisDad #627

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

I had seen Diser JohnPA right below our room that morning. What a coincidence to be so close!
Oh the People We See!
Wow, you snuck this post in just as I finished the one above it. Got another one? Just wasting time here at work
Old 04-25-2013, 01:46 PM   #1114
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPA View Post
Wow, you snuck this post in just as I finished the one above it. Got another one? Just wasting time here at work
LOL!
Old 04-25-2013, 02:10 PM   #1115
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I am caught up again. I really did love all the photos of the island.

Pirate Night looks like so much fun and a huge success. All of the food looks very yummy, and what a great surprise from your Aunt and Uncle.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #1116
Pappert
Mouseketeer

I know I am at work too. Entertain me with another post.

Pappert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:31 PM   #1117
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I somehow missed the update with the Photopass pirate pictures. Those are absolutely terrific of the group. Especially love the one with Tink.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:00 PM   #1118
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'm loving all of your pictures of ya'll in the pirate costumes. Ya'll really went all out. The pirate party was really crowded when we went too. Fortunately for us, no extremely tall guy in front of us though. You mean the girls didn't let you boogie down? They probably don't now "real" dancing though since they are just little kids. Can you imagine if they played Bobby Brown songs? Girl, you would have been shaking that behind!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #1119
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I am caught up again. I really did love all the photos of the island.

Pirate Night looks like so much fun and a huge success. All of the food looks very yummy, and what a great surprise from your Aunt and Uncle.
The island is a nice place to go to. I do enjoy it.
Pirate night is fun. I am so glad everyone added at least a touch of pirate to them and was very happy that some went all out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappert View Post
I know I am at work too. Entertain me with another post.
LOL. I did just write 3 updates! I haven't even started on the next days pictures yet. Maybe if I get time tonight I can get started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I somehow missed the update with the Photopass pirate pictures. Those are absolutely terrific of the group. Especially love the one with Tink.
LOL, thats ok. I was happy with the pictures too, except the one I blinked in...UGH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I'm loving all of your pictures of ya'll in the pirate costumes. Ya'll really went all out. The pirate party was really crowded when we went too. Fortunately for us, no extremely tall guy in front of us though. You mean the girls didn't let you boogie down? They probably don't now "real" dancing though since they are just little kids. Can you imagine if they played Bobby Brown songs? Girl, you would have been shaking that behind!
We had a good time that night. I think it's fun when people get into it. I think it made it fun for the kids too.
Now my dancing is top notch of course ....and shaking that booty could be dangerous. I might knock one of the kids off the ship!
Old 04-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #1120
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

You all looked great!! AWESOME pirates- AAAARGHHHHH!!!!!!

I am not sure we will be dressing for Pirate night in December- although Timmy did wear the bandanna and a pirate tshirt on this last cruise, so...ya never know!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #1121
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
You all looked great!! AWESOME pirates- AAAARGHHHHH!!!!!!

I am not sure we will be dressing for Pirate night in December- although Timmy did wear the bandanna and a pirate tshirt on this last cruise, so...ya never know!
Thanks!
We did have a fun time. On the Magic I wore a pirate tee and bandana and still like I had at least done something.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:30 PM   #1122
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I love all the Pirate photos. What a shame that they would not do any magic shots. I have never made it to the Pirate Buffet so it was nice to see photos of this.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:15 PM   #1123
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Welcome back! I'm glad to hear you had a good time in Williamsburg.

That was a great surprise with Geoff. I could feel the excitement at the table when everyone realized it was him.

Yeah for the new ticker I travel with my mom to Disney a lot too. Tell Paige if she doesn't want to go with your mom I'll go!

I can't get over how tiny Claire is in that little pirate dress

I also can't believe those parents who let their kids take off the display to eat it
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:28 AM   #1124
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Love all the Pirate costumes! You got some great pics, too. That's too bad that photographer wouldn't do the Magic Shots.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:16 AM   #1125
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I love all the Pirate photos. What a shame that they would not do any magic shots. I have never made it to the Pirate Buffet so it was nice to see photos of this.

Corinna
I was kind of bummed about the magic shots. I think it was because we jumped in at the last minute and they weren't happy about that and just lied to us. They weren't the best in personality. Last time on the Dream we always found this girl who was great and went out of her way to make great shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Welcome back! I'm glad to hear you had a good time in Williamsburg.

That was a great surprise with Geoff. I could feel the excitement at the table when everyone realized it was him.

Yeah for the new ticker I travel with my mom to Disney a lot too. Tell Paige if she doesn't want to go with your mom I'll go!

I can't get over how tiny Claire is in that little pirate dress

I also can't believe those parents who let their kids take off the display to eat it
We did have a good time. It was very different than Disney, but still a different kind of fun. And I didn't kill anyone, which is always a plus!!!

It's amazing how fast our kids grow!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: