Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 07:02 AM   #1
Clare Voince
In Spiritual Repose

Best Xmas resort?

I'm planning my next trip for the 2nd week of December, and I was wondering which resort(s) you would recommend for the holiday season. I may end up going back to the Swolphin if I can get it for cheap again, but even if I do, I'd probably go visiting the resorts to see their decorations. :> So what resorts have the most Christmas spirit?

My Disney Photo Gallery

Click here to see my burial place at the Haunted Mansion.
Sept 2014 - Boardwalk Inn / Sept 2012 - WDW Dolphin / Oct 2007 - Polynesian Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge Club Level - split stay / Oct 2005 - Grand Californian Hotel - Disneyland / June 2003 - Boardwalk Inn
1976-1988 - 13 Childhood trips spent at Polynesian Resort, Contemporary Resort, Fort Wilderness, Treehouses, and Grand Floridian
Clare Voince is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:20 AM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clare Voince View Post
I'm planning my next trip for the 2nd week of December, and I was wondering which resort(s) you would recommend for the holiday season. I may end up going back to the Swolphin if I can get it for cheap again, but even if I do, I'd probably go visiting the resorts to see their decorations. :> So what resorts have the most Christmas spirit?
All of the resorts have nice decorations, IMO, but our favorite is the WL, followed by the GF, BC/YC/BWI .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 07:29 AM   #3
patty57
DIS Veteran

Wilderness Lodge is also my favorite.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:31 AM   #4
MaleficentRN
DIS Veteran

I too loved the decorations at Wilderness Lodge. I think the fireplaces add to the whole holiday feel.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:19 AM   #5
tinkerbellybutton
DIS Veteran

I would pick Wilderness Lodge to stay at.

I would try to visit all deluxe resorts to see all the different decor. The BC, YC, BW loop is a great way to tour the resort decorations. Take a spin on the monorail to see those resorts. GF is a great resort for the holidays. But whatever you do, make sure you at least visit WL.

Up Next:????
Resorts we've stayed in: ASMox3, ASSp., ASMu, PC, CBRx3, CSR, PORx2, POFQ, WLx6, Poly, BC, YC, BWV, AKL(Jambo)x2, AKL (Kidani), SSR, OKW, SOGx2, Swan, Vero Beach!
tinkerbellybutton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #6
Clare Voince
In Spiritual Repose

Thanks for the info. The WL does seem to lend itself to that xmasy feeling. :>

Is the Gingerbread at the GF any good? Do you know of any Xmas treats at the restaurants?

My Disney Photo Gallery

Click here to see my burial place at the Haunted Mansion.
Sept 2014 - Boardwalk Inn / Sept 2012 - WDW Dolphin / Oct 2007 - Polynesian Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge Club Level - split stay / Oct 2005 - Grand Californian Hotel - Disneyland / June 2003 - Boardwalk Inn
1976-1988 - 13 Childhood trips spent at Polynesian Resort, Contemporary Resort, Fort Wilderness, Treehouses, and Grand Floridian
Clare Voince is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:52 AM   #7
tinkerbellybutton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clare Voince View Post
Thanks for the info. The WL does seem to lend itself to that xmasy feeling. :>

Is the Gingerbread at the GF any good? Do you know of any Xmas treats at the restaurants?
The gingerbread house at the GF is definitely a sight to see! Absolutely worth a trip to GF. The gingerbread house actually sells lots of Christmas goodies. I have seen Christmas treats at the resort gift shops, and in the parks. Not sure if any restaurants have Christmas themed treats tho.

Up Next:????
Resorts we've stayed in: ASMox3, ASSp., ASMu, PC, CBRx3, CSR, PORx2, POFQ, WLx6, Poly, BC, YC, BWV, AKL(Jambo)x2, AKL (Kidani), SSR, OKW, SOGx2, Swan, Vero Beach!
tinkerbellybutton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:00 PM   #8
sophia0121
Earning My Ears

GF has been a favorite of mine, especially for Christmastime. The whole atmosphere seems cozy and elegant; the decorations are breathtaking and the Christmas tree and gingerbread house are absolutely stunning.
sophia0121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:05 PM   #9
mtfarlin
Mouseketeer

#1 Wilderness Lodge followed by #2 Grand Floridian Resort for Christmas decor and feel. Stayed at WL over Christmas 2010 and it was truely wonderful!!!!
mtfarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #10
DizneyLizzy
DIS Veteran

I like the Epcot resorts best because you can walk home from both Holiday Illuminations & the Osborne Lights, thereby avoiding crowded buses at closing. You do have to catch a bus home from the MK at night, but I usually find them to have the best closing time transportation.
DizneyLizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #11
disneypunch
Earning My Ears

We have gone to Disney the second week of December for the last 8 years and love it. Hope to go again this year even though we are booked for 8/12 to enjoy the pools this year. Out of the last 10 trips my favorite stay was at Christmas at the Cabins of Ft Wilderness. We rented a golf cart and it was so awesome to ride around the resort to see the decorations everyone puts up at their site. People literally had walk through Christmas decoration they were massive nothing you would see at home. It was so fun. We did take a day too to see most other resorts. All the ones from the monorail and the Beach club and got to see carolers at the WL. It was a most magical time in Disney that year.
disneypunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:58 PM   #12
elaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtfarlin View Post
#1 Wilderness Lodge followed by #2 Grand Floridian Resort for Christmas decor and feel. Stayed at WL over Christmas 2010 and it was truely wonderful!!!!
we stayed at both (Split Stay) Nov 2011 and had a wonderful time.

Last edited by elaw; 04-25-2013 at 03:04 PM.
elaw is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: