Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #1096
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,797

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post

Can you watch them from the beach at the cr? I was told by a CM that you can't see the castle from the beach?
Sorry I missed so much more if the conversation, but to answer this....

I am not positive about the beach, but I know for a fact that you have a great view of the fireworks from the grassy area between CR and BLT

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #1097
princessap
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by closetmickey View Post
Can you try to sell her on the fact that CR is seen by many as the least "Disney" of all the Disney properties? I have never stayed at the CR but am this August! I usually take my girls on my own, but this trip we will be with DH and 4 other families. None of them a Disney nut like myself. I used that angle and it worked! And I know that the rooms will be so pleasing to them...because they aren't "screaming Mickey." Just a thought.

Oh....and we are in the GW. For the savings, I didn't even give it a second thought!
thanks...that's a great idea~ I know for sure my MIL wants to golf and the courses at disney look great so they could always golf and meet us somewhere afterwards. Plus my FIL wants to take the older girls fishing so he and my husband could do that while we go to the spa at the GF. I was trying to think about everyone's different vacation styles and think CR would work best. Like you I am a disney nut and would love it in my face all the time! LOL

If I can snag a discount on garden wing rooms maybe we could do that...did you get a discount??
princessap is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #1098
princessap
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,271

I just have an opinion question....what do people think is the perfect age for splurging at WDW for theme park view??? I have read comments that as kids get older they aren't in their rooms that much so it would be a waste of $$$...so I am wondering if it is better when they are younger??
princessap is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 12:03 PM   #1099
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran
 
bluejasmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,769

Sorry to ask again but post appeared to buried a few pages back.


How long/far is the walk from garden wing to the tower? My biggest concern is filling our refillable mugs. Hubby is a big coffee drinker likes it the moment he wakes, I realize rooms have a coffee maker but the coffee that comes from them is just ehhh! Lol

I'm surprised they wouldn't have put a drink station in the garden wing.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 12:17 PM   #1100
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,797

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
Sorry to ask again but post appeared to buried a few pages back.

How long/far is the walk from garden wing to the tower? My biggest concern is filling our refillable mugs. Hubby is a big coffee drinker likes it the moment he wakes, I realize rooms have a coffee maker but the coffee that comes from them is just ehhh! Lol

I'm surprised they wouldn't have put a drink station in the garden wing.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I think it would depend where in the GW wing you are. We did laundry and it probably took us about 5 minutes from our tower room to the GW laundry room. Could be more or less depending on elevators and if you were really far back in the GW.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 12:33 PM   #1101
"Cinder" Ella's Mom
DIS Veteran
 
"Cinder" Ella's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 1,450

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
thanks...that's a great idea~ I know for sure my MIL wants to golf and the courses at disney look great so they could always golf and meet us somewhere afterwards. Plus my FIL wants to take the older girls fishing so he and my husband could do that while we go to the spa at the GF. I was trying to think about everyone's different vacation styles and think CR would work best. Like you I am a disney nut and would love it in my face all the time! LOL

If I can snag a discount on garden wing rooms maybe we could do that...did you get a discount??
Hi! I just had to respond to you. As someone with very interesting family dynamics, I have to tell you: Choose your resort and let them know your plans! You are all adults and should have a say in where you each will be comfortable. CR is very convenient with small children and even if it wasn't, that is where you want to stay! You can easily meet up in the parks, for ADRs, and if they want to spend time with your kids. Life is all about choices. If they choose not to use their RCI points, then that is fine. If you choose to stay at CR, that is fine too. Disney is far too expensive to plan a trip that you are not 100% happy with. You are not required to stay with them. Would you like to? Yes. But again, you can not be help hostage to the wishes of others, especially if they are coming on a trip you had already planned. Be kind and sweet and tell them what your plans are. Then tell them they are welcome to join in on any part that they want. Period...end of story!
On another note, we scored a GW discount for July and are looking forward to our first CR stay. Poly is our usual, so we are trying something new. Hope we love it!
"Cinder" Ella's Mom is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 12:40 PM   #1102
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 13,217

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
I just have an opinion question....what do people think is the perfect age for splurging at WDW for theme park view??? I have read comments that as kids get older they aren't in their rooms that much so it would be a waste of $$$...so I am wondering if it is better when they are younger??
I'm sure you'll get lots of answers. I'm going to say the younger the better, as it is all real.

We took ours the first time (Allstars) when oldest was 3 and youngest was 15 months. That first trip, our youngest was scared of all the characters, but oldest was speechless she was so happy. The next year, we did PoP, and both enjoyed the characters, with youngest not liking Buzz light year and Stitch. But, it was all real - just like Christmas morning. The following year, another dose of magic, and we bought DVC, did two trips a year a couple times, and have stayed at them all (except BC).

As they aged, they just seemed more in amazement at each resort. However, the one that gets the most significant reaction is still BLT. At 11 & 8, the magic of the characters has faded (although is still there like it is in me), but the amazement of seeing Cinderella's castle is still there and something we all talk about often.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is online now  
Old 04-25-2013, 12:41 PM   #1103
hgeisler
DIS Veteran
 
hgeisler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Lone Jack,MO
Posts: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap
Thanks. I want honest opinions so thank u!

We have only stayed onsite once and it was this past year at the Poly and we loved it! My girls loved seeing the castle from the pool so I think they would love seeing it from their room!

I am not sure how much my inlaws really understand how much there is to do at disney and that we are wanting the convenience of the CR. we will be spending a lot o time at MK.

i am thinking it might be tough to convince her to stay onsite and thought this might be a compromise. To be honest my DH and I only want to stay at deluxe resorts. we like the convenience of it and if we have to take buses to every resort and fold a stroller up we might as well stay at Bonnet Creek. to my mom she thinks I am spoiled. lol. but we like to splurge and I think my older girls are at a great age to stay there
I am going through this as well. It is my kid's first trip, and we booked a theme park view room. My dh wanted to pay for my mom and his mom, but my sister-in-law invited herself, her dh, and her dd and decided she didn't want to pay to stay there. So, my mil decided to stay with her off site.
The way I look at it...you stay where you want to stay so your trip is not spoiled because they are being difficult. Let them figure their end out, and they can meet you in the parks, or any other adr's they might be able to reserve at the same time as you.
It sounds harsh, but my trip was all about my children experiencing Disney for the first time, not about changing my plans for an adult that acts like a child when she doesn't get her way:/
hgeisler is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #1104
princessap
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Cinder" Ella's Mom View Post
Hi! I just had to respond to you. As someone with very interesting family dynamics, I have to tell you: Choose your resort and let them know your plans! You are all adults and should have a say in where you each will be comfortable. CR is very convenient with small children and even if it wasn't, that is where you want to stay! You can easily meet up in the parks, for ADRs, and if they want to spend time with your kids. Life is all about choices. If they choose not to use their RCI points, then that is fine. If you choose to stay at CR, that is fine too. Disney is far too expensive to plan a trip that you are not 100% happy with. You are not required to stay with them. Would you like to? Yes. But again, you can not be help hostage to the wishes of others, especially if they are coming on a trip you had already planned. Be kind and sweet and tell them what your plans are. Then tell them they are welcome to join in on any part that they want. Period...end of story!
On another note, we scored a GW discount for July and are looking forward to our first CR stay. Poly is our usual, so we are trying something new. Hope we love it!
Thanks! I needed to hear that! We stayed at poly this year and loved it...my DH would stay there again as he liked the size of the room. Do you mind me asking what you paid for garden wing?? that is what I was thinking and then if I can save up enough then switch to TPV/
princessap is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #1105
princessap
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgeisler View Post
I am going through this as well. It is my kid's first trip, and we booked a theme park view room. My dh wanted to pay for my mom and his mom, but my sister-in-law invited herself, her dh, and her dd and decided she didn't want to pay to stay there. So, my mil decided to stay with her off site.
The way I look at it...you stay where you want to stay so your trip is not spoiled because they are being difficult. Let them figure their end out, and they can meet you in the parks, or any other adr's they might be able to reserve at the same time as you.
It sounds harsh, but my trip was all about my children experiencing Disney for the first time, not about changing my plans for an adult that acts like a child when she doesn't get her way:/
Thanks!!! It is my dream to stay at CR TPV so I will probably do it! My oldest is starting to question if things are real becasue of her friends at school so I want one last trip where all the magic is there!!!
Thanks for your advice.
princessap is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 01:13 PM   #1106
DisneyFans222
There's a Mouse in our House :)
 
DisneyFans222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Posts: 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
I just have an opinion question....what do people think is the perfect age for splurging at WDW for theme park view??? I have read comments that as kids get older they aren't in their rooms that much so it would be a waste of $$$...so I am wondering if it is better when they are younger??
Personally, I have taken my children to WDW collectively 35+ times (always staying on property) and I have never splurged on TPV rooms. My philosophy is why would I pay for the up sell price of a TPV over a garden or lake view, for the 20 minute firework show put on each evening and a long distance view of the Castle. We can view the fireworks from other places on the hotel property and we get up close and personal with the Castle, Spaceship Earth, etc. when we are at the parks. My rationale has always been that for us using the money saved on the room to make memories at Chef Mickey's ($$$), renting a boat, taking a fireworks cruise, or hiring an in room sitter and enjoying an adults only evening made more sense and has worked out beautifully.

My youngest child and are booked into CR on an AP discount over July 4th and while I originally booked a GW room, I have since switched to a Tower-BLV because of the need to have a balcony due to claustrophobia issues. We will as we have in the past scope out the best vantage point for fw viewing and join the number of other families that do the same. Have a fabulous vacation no matter how all the details come together!!!
__________________
Katie
Twitter: @Katie751
Blog: inawordblog.wordpress.com

March 2014 SSR - Spring Break and EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival
Oct 2013 POP - MNSSHP and Food & Wine - Double Header!!!
Aug 2013 POR
June 2013 BWI
March 2013 Fantasy
More than 40 trips to WDW (Being a Florida resident has its perks)
Most Recent: 12/2012 BWI; 9/2012 BWI; 7/2012 SSR; 6/2012 BWI; 11/2011 YC; 7/2011 YC; 02/2011 Poly; 03/2011, etc ...

First Trip 09/1977
DisneyFans222 is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #1107
applefans
Mouseketeer
 
applefans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 76

.

Last edited by applefans; 04-27-2013 at 08:31 AM.
applefans is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #1108
princessap
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFans222 View Post
Personally, I have taken my children to WDW collectively 35+ times (always staying on property) and I have never splurged on TPV rooms. My philosophy is why would I pay for the up sell price of a TPV over a garden or lake view, for the 20 minute firework show put on each evening and a long distance view of the Castle. We can view the fireworks from other places on the hotel property and we get up close and personal with the Castle, Spaceship Earth, etc. when we are at the parks. My rationale has always been that for us using the money saved on the room to make memories at Chef Mickey's ($$$), renting a boat, taking a fireworks cruise, or hiring an in room sitter and enjoying an adults only evening made more sense and has worked out beautifully.

My youngest child and are booked into CR on an AP discount over July 4th and while I originally booked a GW room, I have since switched to a Tower-BLV because of the need to have a balcony due to claustrophobia issues. We will as we have in the past scope out the best vantage point for fw viewing and join the number of other families that do the same. Have a fabulous vacation no matter how all the details come together!!!
thanks...that's one of our reasons for wanting tower too is for the balcony..my DH and I like to sit out there when the girls are sleeping. When I priced out lake view or theme park view the difference wasn't that much more if I remember correctly. Of course this all is dependent upon discounts being released. We stayed garden view at POLY and loved it so that is still a consideration too
princessap is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #1109
princessap
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
I'm sure you'll get lots of answers. I'm going to say the younger the better, as it is all real.

We took ours the first time (Allstars) when oldest was 3 and youngest was 15 months. That first trip, our youngest was scared of all the characters, but oldest was speechless she was so happy. The next year, we did PoP, and both enjoyed the characters, with youngest not liking Buzz light year and Stitch. But, it was all real - just like Christmas morning. The following year, another dose of magic, and we bought DVC, did two trips a year a couple times, and have stayed at them all (except BC).

As they aged, they just seemed more in amazement at each resort. However, the one that gets the most significant reaction is still BLT. At 11 & 8, the magic of the characters has faded (although is still there like it is in me), but the amazement of seeing Cinderella's castle is still there and something we all talk about often.
Thanks...it really is my dream to stay TPV at CR...so one day and am just wondering if sooner is better
princessap is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 02:10 PM   #1110
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.
 
lmhall2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Space town, AL
Posts: 5,476

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I.


Well, welcome back! I believe the slide was a BLT slide which means that you have to be a registered guest at BLT to use the pool which has keyed access. BTW, congratulations on being only 5 pounds within goal
?
Aww! I WISH!! I have lost 75 pounds and have 45 more to go...but have already lost 9 pounds since April 1st and tomorrow is my weigh day so hopefully I can lose 15 this month and well on my goal weight the day before we leave for the Contemporary!! So sad that I got up that high (had 2 mortgages for 31 months and gained more than I lost the last time!) I weighed 175ish when we went to Contemporary the last time (8 years ago)and had lost over 60 pounds to get there...this is the FINAL hurrah, so it's kind of neat that we are staying at the Contemporary again! The rooms are all different and while I liked the bright colors I find the new decor sooo relaxing!!!

This is really motivating me to make it to GOAL!!! I think I'll break down and cry honestly, but until that moment, I am working out everyday and sticking to a healthy diet!!
__________________

lmhall2000 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright Š 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: