Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #1
bkelly65us
Mouseketeer

Quick question about Park parking

This might seem a silly question, but we've never paid for parking at any of the Parks. Previously we've stayed on-property so never had to worry about it. This year we're staying off-property (yay www.vrbo.com!) for two weeks. While I know the price is, currently, $14.00 per day does anyone know if you can prepay that? Say, go to TTC and buy a 10 day parking pass?

I just don't want to be "that guy" in front of you at the entrance to the Park, paying for parking and holding up the line frustrating everyone behind me.
bkelly65us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #2
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Nope, no prepaid parking. If you are going for 10 days you may want to consider an Annual Pass, which would give you free parking.
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2013, 12:49 PM   #3
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkelly65us View Post
This might seem a silly question, but we've never paid for parking at any of the Parks. Previously we've stayed on-property so never had to worry about it. This year we're staying off-property (yay www.vrbo.com!) for two weeks. While I know the price is, currently, $14.00 per day does anyone know if you can prepay that? Say, go to TTC and buy a 10 day parking pass?

I just don't want to be "that guy" in front of you at the entrance to the Park, paying for parking and holding up the line frustrating everyone behind me.
You could just make up cash envelopes for each day, but you won't be holding anyone up since there will be tons of people in front of you and behind you also paying.

Not everyone stays onsite.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #4
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

I've always wondered why they don't have separate "pay" and "resort guest" lanes so onsite guest can just breeze through.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #5
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
I've always wondered why they don't have separate "pay" and "resort guest" lanes so onsite guest can just breeze through.
People wouldn't read the signs and then get in the wrong lane or read the sign too late and frantically switch lanes.

Also if you didn't get the mix right you would have back ups in certain lines and none in the others lines. Yes you could dynamically assign the lanes as needed but its very hard to switch lanes in car and just move over one lane.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:01 PM   #6
bkelly65us
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone for the info! Appreciate it.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #7
bkelly65us
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartle View Post
You could just make up cash envelopes for each day, but you won't be holding anyone up since there will be tons of people in front of you and behind you also paying.

Not everyone stays onsite.
Thanks for the info. That's a good idea for the envelopes!
Old 04-23-2013, 04:12 PM   #8
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkelly65us View Post
Thanks for the info. That's a good idea for the envelopes!
The last time there we were always scrambling for a twenty every morning. I think you can also use a gift card or Credit Card.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #9
Greysword

DIS Dad #618
Fantasmic is not rainbows and unicorns; it is a full contact sport

Yep, I would use a credit card.

However, the AP idea is a good one, too since in this case you could account for parking in the savings.
- Chris, DIS Dad #618.

Greysword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:17 AM   #10
wdwrich
DIS Veteran

Quote:
However, the AP idea is a good one, too since in this case you could account for parking in the savings.
This! And only one person in your party needs to have the AP.

WDW - 11 visits since 1979 (Polynesian x5, P.O. Riverside x2, Contemporary x2, Yacht Club, Coronado Springs, Shades of Green). Going back in 2015.
DLR - Yearly since 1984 (AP holders)
wdwrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #11
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
Nope, no prepaid parking. If you are going for 10 days you may want to consider an Annual Pass, which would give you free parking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysword View Post
Yep, I would use a credit card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwrich View Post
This! And only one person in your party needs to have the AP.
This is what I immediately thought, too. I was going to recommend the same thing -- upgrading one adult ticket to an AP. Doing the math, though, looks like paying cash for parking might be the better option in the OP's case. Making an assumption on what park tickets they currently have...

10-day MYW park hopper = $375
10 days of parking = $140
Total = $515

Adult annual pass = $574

It's actually $59 cheaper to pay for parking.

Now, if you can make up that $59 utilizing the 10% AP discount on merchandise purchases and other AP perks and discounts, it might still be worth looking at. Having the AP would also qualify you to purchase a Tables In Wonderland card. If you do a lot of on-site sit-down dining, that may contribute to the value of having an AP.

Of course, if you can get a second trip in before the AP expires, it definitely makes sense to go that route.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #12
andrews_dad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
This is what I immediately thought, too. I was going to recommend the same thing -- upgrading one adult ticket to an AP. Doing the math, though, looks like paying cash for parking might be the better option in the OP's case. Making an assumption on what park tickets they currently have...

10-day MYW park hopper = $375
10 days of parking = $140
Total = $515

Adult annual pass = $574

It's actually $59 cheaper to pay for parking.

Now, if you can make up that $59 utilizing the 10% AP discount on merchandise purchases and other AP perks and discounts, it might still be worth looking at. Having the AP would also qualify you to purchase a Tables In Wonderland card. If you do a lot of on-site sit-down dining, that may contribute to the value of having an AP.

Of course, if you can get a second trip in before the AP expires, it definitely makes sense to go that route.
There is no Adult annual pass vs kids annual pass. Ages 3+ pay the 574. With a 10 day, I would not bother with the hopper option, myself. As this person says, unless you have a 2nd trip coming in the same 365 days or you can use the 10% discount a TON in thi 10 days, your best bet to to pay as you go. If you want to pay less than $14 a day, I suggest you get Disney Gift cards with your Target Red Card. %5 off. Stack on the 5% Pharmacy reward coupon on top of that after you fill 5 scripts, and youir $140 in parking will actually cost you about $126.
andrews_dad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: