Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 09:30 AM   #16
PrincessTrisha
I know what he won't do for love.
Tootsie Pottynose - Hey I kinda like the tootsie part
 
PrincessTrisha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Scarborough ON
Posts: 3,725

The Hot tubs are usually empty after late dining so it's the perfect time to enjoy without sitting in people soup.

Nothing like a good, relaxing, hot tub before bed.
PrincessTrisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:39 AM   #17
MikeAndNick
If you can dream it, you can do it.
 
MikeAndNick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 745

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
He says he wants to hang with me but I think at the first sign of boys his age, he'll ditch me. I'm totally okay with that.
They want to hang out with you, it just more fun with the new friends. When I cruise I only know I have a son during dinner and between 3 AM and 12 noon(he is sleeping). With early dinner he seldom eats desert because he has to get to his friends. I am guessing with late dinner your son will never eat desert. Advice from a parent; let him leave if he is ready before desert. It lets you relax and have desert and coffee; otherwise he will keep doing the clock watch.
__________________
Mike and Nick
Disney Cruise Lines: Wonder Land and Sea – Bahamas 2005, Magic Eastbound Trans Atlantic 2010, Magic Mexican Riviera Nov 20, 2011, Fantasy Western Caribbean June 23, 2012, Wonder Bahamian December 14, 2013
Princess Cruse Lines: Panama Canal 2006, San Francisco Alaska June 19, 2011, Pacific Coast Nov 24, 2013
Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2009
Carnival Cruise Lines: Encanta Mexico 2009
NCL Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2008
MikeAndNick is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-24-2013, 09:57 AM   #18
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran
 
TwinPrincessMermaids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: KY
Posts: 3,465

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessTrisha View Post
The Hot tubs are usually empty after late dining so it's the perfect time to enjoy without sitting in people soup.

Nothing like a good, relaxing, hot tub before bed.
Midnight wasn't late enough for us... we were always in the Family karaoke having too much fun. But with a hottub at home, it was less vital than the disney karaoke - which has always been my dream!

There will be a next time with at least one more day tho...
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:14 AM   #19
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by crundell View Post
Yes, we saw WallE and Nemo after dinner on deck 9 by the pool.

Thats fantastic. Thank you. I need to get my hands on a current Wonder Navigator.



Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessTrisha View Post
The Hot tubs are usually empty after late dining so it's the perfect time to enjoy without sitting in people soup.

Nothing like a good, relaxing, hot tub before bed.

People soup. Nighttime sounds like the perfect time to use the hot tub. Great idea to relax before bed.



Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAndNick View Post
They want to hang out with you, it just more fun with the new friends. When I cruise I only know I have a son during dinner and between 3 AM and 12 noon(he is sleeping). With early dinner he seldom eats desert because he has to get to his friends. I am guessing with late dinner your son will never eat desert. Advice from a parent; let him leave if he is ready before desert. It lets you relax and have desert and coffee; otherwise he will keep doing the clock watch.


Great advice. I'll let him do whatever he wants within reason. He's social but also a mommy's boy. I hope he makes friends because it'll make his on board time so much fun. Our cruise is to celebrate his bar mitzvah. Think we should do early dinner? We are Mountain Standard Time normally.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:17 AM   #20
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids View Post
Midnight wasn't late enough for us... we were always in the Family karaoke having too much fun. But with a hottub at home, it was less vital than the disney karaoke - which has always been my dream!

There will be a next time with at least one more day tho...

Disney karaoke sounds like a total blast and I like that it's family karaoke. I don't know why I was under the impression that the ship closed down after dinner.



This is great everyone, thank you!
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:48 AM   #21
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran
 
TwinPrincessMermaids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: KY
Posts: 3,465

If you have ever been to the MK until 12a, you will see that Disney is smart enough to know that they have die-hards for customers! I used to think it would die down by midnight. NOPE. Especially out by Tomorrowland, that is a HAPPENING place way late into the night. Even with lil ones! Of course, I'm always proud to see other die-hards like us (mostly, except the Space Mtn line was over 45 min...). I also give props to Disney for not shutting down early. I also love the ships/parks at night. (Especially Tomorrowland and being so close to the lit up Castle and Main St.)
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #22
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids View Post
If you have ever been to the MK until 12a, you will see that Disney is smart enough to know that they have die-hards for customers! I used to think it would die down by midnight. NOPE. Especially out by Tomorrowland, that is a HAPPENING place way late into the night. Even with lil ones! Of course, I'm always proud to see other die-hards like us (mostly, except the Space Mtn line was over 45 min...). I also give props to Disney for not shutting down early. I also love the ships/parks at night. (Especially Tomorrowland and being so close to the lit up Castle and Main St.)

I love MK midnight and after. We had one EMH that was until 3 am. I think we made it until about 2 am and that was it. I had no idea the ships would stay alive too. This is awesome! I'm so excited.


Guess coming to the late dinner seating will give us more sun time but some great night activities. Now on to search for Wonder navigators.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:41 PM   #23
hibes
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post

I love MK midnight and after. We had one EMH that was until 3 am. I think we made it until about 2 am and that was it. I had no idea the ships would stay alive too. This is awesome! I'm so excited.

Guess coming to the late dinner seating will give us more sun time but some great night activities. Now on to search for Wonder navigators.
Let me know if you have any luck finding Wonder navigators. I'm looking too
hibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:14 AM   #24
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibes View Post
Let me know if you have any luck finding Wonder navigators. I'm looking too



I will. I'm only finding old ones. I'd love to see a more recent one. I'm looking through Wonder trip reports so I'll let you know if I find anything.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.