DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 05:34 PM   #1
RSWA2
Mouseketeer

Holding points if waitlist is fulfilled

When you make a waitlist, you have the option of whether to keep it active until 31 or 7 days of the check in date.

I selected 7 days. At AKV, I'm trying to upgrade the last 2 days of my stay to CL, keeping the rest of the stay at the STD view. So I noted in my waitlist to cancel 2 days of my stay. I'll be checking in more than 7 days before the CL waitlisted days, so I may still be waitlisting when I check in.

So if my waitlist comes through, do those 2 dates that were canceled go into holding? If so, are they used automatically to the CL dates that were fulfilled by the waitlist?

Will my checkout change automatically? When I originally check in, they are still thinking I'm in the same STD room for the length, but if the waitlist comes through, my stay will be 2 nights shorter.

Hope this makes sense.

I called MS and they said if my waitlist comes through, the points from the STD room cancelled will go to the CL room as I marked the 2 nights to cancel. But I wasn't sure if they would be holding points.
RSWA2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #2
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

If your wait list replaces nights, and those nights were more than the new ones, you would end up with holding points.

But since the CL room is more, then if it filled, there would not be holding points as they will be used to fill it.

IMO, though, I don't know if the wait list will stay active once you check in, even if it is more than 7 days out.

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:48 AM   #3
RSWA2
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I guess it makes sense if you are going up in points. So I suppose if someone waitlisted a Value room or from a 1bdrm to a studio and they got it within 31 days, then I suppose the points they saved would go into holding. Which defeats the purpose of saving points a little.
RSWA2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: