Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #16
fatfish
DIS Veteran

What's a WON code? Is it like a PIN code that Disney sends to you?

Thanks!
March 2009 at SSR Aug 2009 land/sea adventure SSR / DCL

Spring Break 2010 & 2011 at Animal Kingdom Christmas 2011 on the DCL!
2013 birthday cruise on the Disney Magic!

Me dd
fatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:30 PM   #17
GoofyLovingFamily
Mouseketeer

WON is the discount code Disney put out. It is usually advertised on Disney Cruise web page under special offers.
GoofyLovingFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #18
egesicki
Mouseketeer

Our two cruises have both been in cabins with balconies, Wonder was a 4E 7084. However, the real reason we got those cabins was the actual size of the cabin. With our kids, we wanted the extra space. We barely spent any time at all on the balcony, we were either out of the cabin doing something, or in the cabin we were getting ready or sleeping. And I seem to have the worst luck, I just can't stand cigarette or cigar smoke and it seems there is always someone on a nearby balcony smoking. Saving that much $ and using it towards the spa or excursions or Palo or wine etc etc isn't a bad way to go.

Dream 4nt Bahamas February 2011 9138, Wonder 4nt Bahamas March 2013 8084, WDW Mar 2015?

egesicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:46 PM   #19
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiffMan View Post
Thanks, just the sort of thing I was looking for! I presume there's a decent amount of noise on 6 and 8? Is the noise just something you're aware of, or is it of a 'no way you can sleep through that' level? The wife is quite a napper, so a little noise is fine, but if it's incredibly distracting, we'll need to plan accordingly.
I wouldn't call all of deck 6 noisy; it really depends what's below your cabin. We spent our Alaskan cruise in 6634 on the Wonder and loved it. No noise at all. I could definitely feel more vibration if I walked further aft from our cabin though. I don't know that I would book any more aft than that. jmho.

We love more space & now that our boys are teen/tweens, we find it's best to get them an inside cabin across the hall. Not only does it save $ (we get double OBCs from DCL & our TA for booking onboard) but we also get 2 bathrooms/showers, 2 TVs, 2 closets, etc. Gone are the days of rolling up those little size 3T shorts & fitting a whole week's supply in 1 drawer.

We simply ask for 4 blank keys so we can all enter the room we're not keyed into.

ETA: I just re-read your OP & given your kids ages, this advice probably isn't practical for you. If you can afford the balcony I would recommend at least trying it once. At the end of your cruise look back at the cost of upgrading & if you feel like it wasn't worth the $, try a window next time.

Last edited by ruadisneyfan2; 04-17-2013 at 08:16 PM.
ruadisneyfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:47 AM   #20
BiffMan
Earning My Ears

Thanks very much for all the replies, everyone. I have Disneyworld down-pat, but it's amazing how much their is to learn about the cruise side of things. A whole new world of planning to lose myself in!

As much as I like the thought of just being able to get some fresh air in from the balcony (provided it isn't smoke-laden), I think we'll hold off for now and see if we luck out when we get our GTY room assignment and decide from there. There's certainly something to be said for putting $1500 toward spa treatments and shore excursions...
First trip in 1972!! - First Epcot trip in 1986 - CBR 12/91 - CBR 8/95 - CR 3/96 - DL 5/96 - BWI 8/97 - CR 10/97 - BWI 8/98 - Honeymoon at BWI!! 10/99 - CBR 9/2000 - POR 10/01 - Disneyland Paris 10/02 - AKL 12/03 - BWV 12/03 - POFQ 4/04 - POFQ 9/04 - ASSp 12/05 - POR 9/06 - COR 5/07 - COR 12/08 - POR 12/08 - Hong Kong Disneyland 3/09 - POFQ 10/09 - POFQ 10/10 - POP 12/11 - Wonder 9/13
BiffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:58 AM   #21
geffric
DH thinks I'm funny -- but I tell him it's like a hobby!
I found myself checking for new posting while I am at work, at home, doing homework
I have LOTS of really nice Disney loving friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloroFiend View Post
That's actually incorrect. You're limited to one pre-boarding reservation for each, per cruise. However, once you board you can book as many meals as you want...subject to availability.
true..Once on board you can book Palos for anytime and often.

But back to the original question, IMHO, I don't like Deck 8 as when I was there, there was noise from the BB court, kids running, and the ping pong table.. I like deck 7 or 6..

I have had a verandah, and missed deck 4 comfy chairs, deck 9 for it's cove café..so I prefer to sail without and use the money to book another cruise, rainforest, and excursions.

geffric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #22
Aggiegrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiffMan View Post
Thanks very much for all the replies, everyone. I have Disneyworld down-pat, but it's amazing how much their is to learn about the cruise side of things. A whole new world of planning to lose myself in!

As much as I like the thought of just being able to get some fresh air in from the balcony (provided it isn't smoke-laden), I think we'll hold off for now and see if we luck out when we get our GTY room assignment and decide from there. There's certainly something to be said for putting $1500 toward spa treatments and shore excursions...
Don't forget about shopping in the ports. I'm sure you could buy a very nice anniversary present with that sort of money. My father did this once for my mom...took her to a well rated jewelry store in port and told her to pick out $X worth of things. She is the frugal, budget for everything type, so she was shocked (and happy).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: