Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 07:04 PM   #1906
Agent J
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by braysmommy View Post
We are in 5626 next door to Agent J. Looks like a quiet area and a quick trip up the stairs to the Mickey Pool where I will be spending many hours
Hello Neighbour!!!!
DVC members since 2004 - touring all the DVC properties and our boy has been to WDW so many times we've stopped counting!!! 43 days of WDW AP use in 2009-10...it's an addictition but it could be worse!!!

First visit to WDW 1988 - hooked ever since
Agent J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:12 PM   #1907
jlmarr
You got that right

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz View Post
We are above and next door to you 7018 and like you not keen on the connecting bit. Why do you like the front of the ship? I only ask because we like nearer the back though not right at the back. This is our first time at the front.
Looks like we'll be across the elevator (lift) lobby from you - 7518. We were thinking we need a door magnet that says "Shhhhhh", but I think the forward elevators aren't so busy. Here's hoping.
jlmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 09:17 PM   #1908
GoinPlaces63
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by annichan View Post

Wow, they seem to have given out a lot of the connecting rooms to us *GT people here! I have yet to see someone find his "other half" here, though. Or is anybody here in 7530?
That was my parents room so it should be available! Happy cruising!
GoinPlaces63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:56 PM   #1909
Namsupak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinPlaces63 View Post
That was my parents room so it should be available! Happy cruising!
Answered my PM question. Sorry we won't be able to meet you on the cruise.

WDW: 1998, March 2002, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, May 2008, Sept 2008, Dec 2009, Sept 2010, Jan 2011, July 2011, Jan 2012, Feb 2012, Aug 2012, Dec 2012
DCL: June 2008, Feb 2009, Dec 2009, Nov 2010, Jan 2011 (MV Dream), WBTA Sept 2011, Dec 2011, NYE Dream 2011-12, Jan 2012, March 2012 MV Fantasy, Dec 2012 Fantasy, May 2013 WBPC, Jan 2014
DLP: Sept 5, 2011
Coming Up: Sept 2014 WBTA
Namsupak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:58 PM   #1910
heatherLOVESmickey
Mouseketeer

TheViking (Erik, my husband) are in cabin 7040. We are quite pleased with the results. The cabin we picked was about the same place but on deck 6. I prefer higher (you know, closer to God! lol). I have been aft and I have been forward and I finally wanted midship and GOT IT!!! Also, on our last cruise we were right by the elevators... I fell in love! I really dislike the corridor walking, I get a little claustrophobic. I mean I deal but I loved not having to do it. We are not really bothered by noise or commotion so it works just great!

I'm getting quite excited for the cruise. I do wish I would have time to get to know you all better so I could have met online friend onboard. It was my intention but after all I have been through (my dad dying, Erik hurting his knee, me going off my anti-depressants, etc) I just didn't have the where-with-all. I am really going to me doing the FEs and the Secret Mickey. I had to drop out of the FEs because I just couldn't put anything together. One of my favorite parts was to see what gifts we got each day (giving and receiving is my love language) but I just couldn't manage.

One thing we did talk about on Facebook was to get the homeschoolers together. Anyone interested. I will plan something... If I plan it, they will come! (ok, maybe it wasn't that funny! ) I'll will make a post here and on Facebook soon about it! Hey, even if you don't homeschool, now is a time to learn more about it too.
heatherLOVESmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:14 PM   #1911
corbett744
Mouseketeer

Argh, No time to breath. Heading up the care package project this weekend. Still repairing my "formal dress" that I nearly destroyed by dry cleaning, and I haven't even thought about packing. What was wrong with me when I volunteered to head up this project. I can't wait until next week where nobody can find me. Cindi
2013 July Holland American Canadian Cruise
May 2013 Wonder WBPC
May 2012 Diamond Princess-Alaska15 day cruise tour
July 2011 Magic 11 night Mediterranean
May 2010 Coral Princess Alaska 11 day cruise tour
April 2010 Magic Trans Atlantic Eastbound
December 2008 Magic 3 night Bahamas
April 2006 RCCL Western Carribean
April 2002 Magic 7 night Carribean
June 2001 Wonder 4 night Bahamas with
Girl Scouts
February 2000 Magic 4 night Bahamas
corbett744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:27 PM   #1912
heatherLOVESmickey
Mouseketeer

Homeschool meet up!!!

CALLING ALL HOMESCHOOLERS
(and all who want to discuss homeschooling)

DAY 3: May 8th
2:00pm
Promenade Lounge

My thoughts are that I want it early on so we can get to know each other sooner rather than laters and I picked the Promenade because I couldn't find the hours of operation for anywhere else that allowed children. If it's crowded we can move or something. And this doesn't have to be a one time thing.

Keep my cabin number handy with any thoughts about this... 7040
Old 04-25-2013, 02:29 AM   #1913
annichan
There's a platypus controlling me, he's underneath the table

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiny Norman View Post
To all the FE participants...I ended up only able to get in 2 groups but at the last minute decided on another FE gift to bring so all of you will be getting a little something from us. Just did not want you to panic when you get something from someone not on your list! It's a freebee!!
That is so nice of you to do, thank you! Makes me feel bad because my gift is so small (as in, it is not per person but just per room, and not all that big ...). So everybody in my group, if you feel like giving us something smaller than everybody else, it will be totally fine by me! I wish we didn't have those luggage restrictions, that would make everything so much easier ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brixton View Post
I love being forward because it's quiet and isolated.

I don't know why so many of us are in connecting rooms, but I realise it's the chance we take to book *GT!6!
"Quiet and isolated" sounds great! I am really looking forward to trying something new with a forward cabin. And you are totally right, we take a chance to book *GT and with all my talk about connecting doors I never wanted to come across as whiny - I am really happy with what we got! We saved about 60% of the original price, so there won't be a single word of complaining frmo me anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmarr View Post
Looks like we'll be across the elevator (lift) lobby from you - 7518. We were thinking we need a door magnet that says "Shhhhhh", but I think the forward elevators aren't so busy. Here's hoping.
Hello almost-neighbour - we are only a few doors down from you, in 7528!

2005: It all started with DLP Disneyland Paris (3 nights) / 2009: Honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge (15 nights)
2010: Magic Western Caribbean, then BCV (11 nights) / 2011: Magic Mediterranean Cruise (Magic, 11 nights)
2011: Our return to Disneyland Resort Paris (4 nights) / August 2012: NYC to Castaway Cay and Canada (B2B, Magic, 13 nights)
2013: Westbound Panama Canal Cruise (Wonder, 14 nights) + 3 days at Disneyland / 2014: Westbound Transatlantic and Southern Caribbean (B2B, Magic, 21 nights)

annichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:57 AM   #1914
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMork View Post
We are almost packed! Just need to get the meds together and a couple of things. We leave home Friday noonish!
We beat you!! Just popping in to say goodbye to everyone as we set off in a couple of hours!!

Off down south with a visit to MIL on the way and then a night in a port hotel. Tomorrow we board the QM2 for 7 nights over to New York.

Back to finishing the packing now.

See you on Monday 6th May.

granmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:29 AM   #1915
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
We beat you!! Just popping in to say goodbye to everyone as we set off in a couple of hours!!

Off down south with a visit to MIL on the way and then a night in a port hotel. Tomorrow we board the QM2 for 7 nights over to New York.

WOW! What a great beginning to the cruise!

Please everyone cross your fingers REALLY HARD. We might have a buyer for our house and it would be such a load of stress off, if we could get an offer.

We leave on Sunday, so I *will* need to get some packing done. Trouble is, we're stumbling over each other in this tiny apartment with few empty places to put a suitcase.

Happy Day, all!
Old 04-25-2013, 06:56 AM   #1916
annichan
There's a platypus controlling me, he's underneath the table

Quote:

That sounds wonderful - have a great trip and see you on May 6th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
Please everyone cross your fingers REALLY HARD. We might have a buyer for our house and it would be such a load of stress off, if we could get an offer.
Here's keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherLOVESmickey View Post
CALLING ALL HOMESCHOOLERS
(and all who want to discuss homeschooling)

DAY 3: May 8th
2:00pm
Promenade Lounge

My thoughts are that I want it early on so we can get to know each other sooner rather than laters and I picked the Promenade because I couldn't find the hours of operation for anywhere else that allowed children. If it's crowded we can move or something. And this doesn't have to be a one time thing.

Keep my cabin number handy with any thoughts about this... 7040
I have added the meeting to the event calendar!

2005: It all started with DLP Disneyland Paris (3 nights) / 2009: Honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge (15 nights)
2010: Magic Western Caribbean, then BCV (11 nights) / 2011: Magic Mediterranean Cruise (Magic, 11 nights)
2011: Our return to Disneyland Resort Paris (4 nights) / August 2012: NYC to Castaway Cay and Canada (B2B, Magic, 13 nights)
2013: Westbound Panama Canal Cruise (Wonder, 14 nights) + 3 days at Disneyland / 2014: Westbound Transatlantic and Southern Caribbean (B2B, Magic, 21 nights)

Last edited by annichan; 04-25-2013 at 07:29 AM.
annichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:45 AM   #1917
Politzania
Mouseketeer

Quote:
:: uncrosses fingers long enough to type a message :: Good luck!

FYI - for those who had GoinPlaces63 (aka Anne & Richard) on their FE list and have anything special (personalized/specific to this cruise) for them - I think Scott and I will have enough room in our luggage to be able to bring some back with us, since we live fairly close & are planning to meet up after the cruise. We're also delivering a couple of gifts from them to the groups they were in.

Please make sure to mark your items appropriately, so we don't get confused about which gifts are for us and which are for them! We're on the group 6 list - cabin 6628.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:25 AM   #1918
Madhattr
Mouseketeer

Funny how so many of us received just the opposite of what we would have picked. We got 5650 the so called "Barb and Tony suite"... It is not a suite but this couple have stayed in the room some 40 times+. We really wanted as far forward as we could get and now we are as far aft as you can get. Oh we'll beggars can't be choosers ;-)
Old 04-25-2013, 09:30 AM   #1919
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:

Safe travels to you and John! We so look forward to seeing you again.

Quote:
WOW! What a great beginning to the cruise!

We leave on Sunday, so I *will* need to get some packing done. Trouble is, we're stumbling over each other in this tiny apartment with few empty places to put a suitcase.

Happy Day, all!
Pixie dust for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politzania View Post
:: uncrosses fingers long enough to type a message :: Good luck!

FYI - for those who had GoinPlaces63 (aka Anne & Richard) on their FE list and have anything special (personalized/specific to this cruise) for them - I think Scott and I will have enough room in our luggage to be able to bring some back with us, since we live fairly close & are planning to meet up after the cruise. We're also delivering a couple of gifts from them to the groups they were in.

Please make sure to mark your items appropriately, so we don't get confused about which gifts are for us and which are for them! We're on the group 6 list - cabin 6628.
This is so nice of you!!

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:39 AM   #1920
heatherLOVESmickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by annichan View Post
I have added the meeting to the event calendar!
AWESOME!!! Thank you! <3

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: