Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 10:34 PM   #16
Laundress
Mouseketeer

Congratulations
We traveled on the Wonder when my son was 4 months old. Pack in play fits nicely in the room. The swaying of the ship actually helped him sleep through the night every night. He was happy hanging out where ever I was. All the cast members were happy to make our trip smooth. He's now 9 and he loves the photo book of his first trip. Looking forward to spring break 2014. Good luck with your decision.
Laundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:50 AM   #17
poohmomof5
DIS Veteran

I completely agree with everyone here! We took both sets of grandparents on a DCL cruise as a thank you for all their help with our older kids. It was planned forever and then we had an unexpected gift! Our DD (now 8) was about 3.5 months when we went. It was perfect timing and like everyone else said, she was easy! Slept when ever, ate where ever, pooped where ever, etc.

Go for it, your older daughter will probably really enjoy it as a break from all the new baby excitement too!

And we love the pictures of her with all the charachters and in the big round windows.

21 day trip report LIVE from Amtrak, Disneyland & EB Repo through the Panama Canal!
poohmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2013, 03:08 PM   #18
feelthenspeak
Mouseketeer

First off I just want congratulate you for even being concerned with going with baby. I think too many parents these days travel and do as they please without regard to their children's needs (I'm talking about infants really, under 1 year. ) I personally would not go just because I would feel like it was kind of a waste. I know babies sleep a lot so you may either be in the room a lot or if you have an ergo or a carrier it will probably be pretty hot for those. I don't think it will be a wash for you and your family but maybe if you could reschedule till baby was a little older then maybe you would all have a more time or a better time. I have 3 kids, one who is 14 months old and I can remember when she was 3 months old and I just don't think it would be as enjoyable if you could postpone it for a little while. I'm sure your other child will want to experience the cruise with you as well and I think babies can detour us from our other children more than we would like. As far as sickness and germs, if you plan to breastfeed baby should be fine. Good luck with whatever you choose!!
feelthenspeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:24 PM   #19
KateMW
DIS Veteran

OK, completely forgot that I even posted this! Thank you for all the answers. we're still undecided what to do for sure, but we're leaning towards a week in WDW instead of the cruise. We do not have good sleepers, so I am so afraid we're be stuck in a cabin with a horrible sleeper. Anyway, I'm going to reread all the answers and press forward! Thanks!
Old 07-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #20
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

I'd be more concerned about making sure the baby is at least 12 weeks old than concerned about the space available in the room. You say you are due in early Dec. and but didn't mention which week in March is your spring break. Baby arriving a week or so late, could push you close to that 12-week mark in March.

Congrats and enjoy your cruise whenever you take it!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:15 PM   #21
shaycamp21
DIS Veteran

I agree with the above poster just make sure your baby is a MINIMUM of 12wks old or you won't be allowed to cruise.
We went to WDW when my youngest DD was 3 1/2 months old and she was very portable and slept much of the time wherever we were. I was concerned too travelling with her being so young but it was easier than I thought. We then cruised with her when she was 9 months on the Fantasy and that was a little more challenging since she was crawling and standing by this time and not wanting to be confined in a seat or stroller for too long (esp during mealtimes). We did get a break using the nursery which provided great care but I think it is easier when they are younger and not doing much.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:28 PM   #22
lundve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateMW View Post
OK, completely forgot that I even posted this! Thank you for all the answers. we're still undecided what to do for sure, but we're leaning towards a week in WDW instead of the cruise. We do not have good sleepers, so I am so afraid we're be stuck in a cabin with a horrible sleeper. Anyway, I'm going to reread all the answers and press forward! Thanks!
I personally think a cruise is way easier than WDW - as someone else mentioned everything is way easier to come and to go from and the benefit of having a nursery where you can leave him or her is a huge plus should you decide to use it.

lundve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:52 AM   #23
Runnergal
Mouseketeer

If it was me, I would totally add the baby if you can. I have a 3 mo now and he is a dream. I will be taking him on our cruise in nov when he will be 7 mo. Tiny babies are so portable! And by 3 mo they are usually on some sort of schedule. We had to reschedule our cruise for thanksgiving because we were originally scheduled to cruise 10 days before my due date. But if you have an easy baby and are adjusting well to having the little one, i definitely think a small infant is easier than a crawler or toddler.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: