Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which resort for family of five with 3 teenagers.....
Contemporary......$4186 21 47.73%
Fort Wilderness Cabins...$3401 12 27.27%
AOA Nemo Suite with DDP....$3721 10 22.73%
AOA Nemo Suite with QS...$3181 1 2.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2013, 01:14 PM   #1
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

Which resort to stay at with FD?

Please help me, money is all relative, right??

I can't say money is no object because I have three teenagers heading to college in years 2014-2016..so here are the options with the announcement of free dining...so here are my options:

Contemporary Resort: $4186

Fort Wilderness Cabins: $3401

AOA Nemo Family Suite: $3721 (with the $540 additional to upgrade to full service dining...)

AOA Nemo Family Suite: $3181 Only Counter Service

We really enjoy the TS to relax and be with the family, and we'd likely spend more than $540 if we just ate at 3 of our choices instead of 6.

So, which would you vote for....

We've been to CR once, love the theming and comfier beds/proximity to our fave park MK

Have never stayed at the others..

Transportation complaints worry me about the Cabins and will we have the "Disney" feel?

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:32 PM   #2
tng123
Mouseketeer

Has free dining been offered?? Or are you just saying IF free dining becomes available?
tng123 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 01:35 PM   #3
bgraham34
Wilderness Lodger

I dont think its been offered.

bgraham34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #4
lmhall2000

As of right now it will likely be offered May 6th for Disney Visa holders and May 9th for others, booking Sept. 2-Sept. 25th...QS at Values, DDP at others

Old 04-24-2013, 01:56 PM   #5
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

I just saw on another board that a poster whose brother is a TA heard FD will be available for booking on May 9th for September 2nd through 25th.

My vote is for the Nemo Suites. I loved AoA and had no complaints about transportation or getting that Disney feel. Plus, the Nemo Suites are closest to the main building/bus stops!

March 1996 (Swan), March 2008 (CBR), January 2013 (AoA), February 2014 (ASSp/BWV), October 2014 (ASMu)

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" -Walt Disney
emilyindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #6
Happyjen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
Please help me, money is all relative, right??

I can't say money is no object because I have three teenagers heading to college in years 2014-2016..so here are the options with the announcement of free dining...so here are my options:

Contemporary Resort: $4186

Fort Wilderness Cabins: $3401

AOA Nemo Family Suite: $3721 (with the $540 additional to upgrade to full service dining...)

AOA Nemo Family Suite: $3181 Only Counter Service

We really enjoy the TS to relax and be with the family, and we'd likely spend more than $540 if we just ate at 3 of our choices instead of 6.

So, which would you vote for....

We've been to CR once, love the theming and comfier beds/proximity to our fave park MK

Have never stayed at the others..

Transportation complaints worry me about the Cabins and will we have the "Disney" feel?
I voted the CR for a few reasons:

1. In the odd chance that FD does not come out (although I hear that the guy who posted it is VERY reliable) you may still be able to rock the room discount.
2. CR has awesome transportation options
3. CR is only $465 more than AoA if you pay to upgrade to the DDP. I feel like for such a small amount, CR would be an amazing upgrade.
5. What if the worst happens and AoA is once again shut out of FD?

Dec 2012: Polynesian, my first trip
Dec 2013: Contemporary
2014: 2 Non-Disney trips planned, going to wait and see how this whole FP+ thing shakes out.
Happyjen27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:41 PM   #7
Diegosmom
DIS Veteran

Are all three teenage boys coming on the trip?...wonder how sleeping arangements would be at AOA...I thought the pull down was smaller and isnt the couch only full size?
Diegosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:16 PM   #8
lmhall2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diegosmom View Post
Are all three teenage boys coming on the trip?...wonder how sleeping arangements would be at AOA...I thought the pull down was smaller and isnt the couch only full size?
Sorry, one son teenager and two daughters...so the girls would share a bed and my son would have the murphy bed or the day bed at CR....we have always stayed at Deluxe before because they did not have family suites at Values when we last traveled to the World in 2005....If I could get the pricing for the standard view room I would book CR...just going over 4k hurts my head!

Old 04-24-2013, 04:54 PM   #9
lmhall2000

I just called to see if they would have any standard view rooms at CR which would bring my total below 4k...nope...but I went ahead and switched to CR for fear all the garden view rates would disappear...AAAGH!! That makes the 6th time I have switched our reservations!!! Geez Louise!!

I very well could end up back at the cabins but not many are voting for those...I just don't want to see dishes/kitchen while I'm on vacation..we rarely get time to get away so when we do, I just want to ride Splash Mountain 27 times and lay by the pool....the room is to sleep in and I don't want to waste time on a bus getting somewhere....sigh...but that $$ savings always throws all my 'perfect wishes' out the window! I appreciate all the votes...come May 6th, hopefully you all will have decided for me!

Old 04-24-2013, 10:55 PM   #10
Tntfras
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
I just called to see if they would have any standard view rooms at CR which would bring my total below 4k...nope...but I went ahead and switched to CR for fear all the garden view rates would disappear...AAAGH!! That makes the 6th time I have switched our reservations!!! Geez Louise!!

I very well could end up back at the cabins but not many are voting for those...I just don't want to see dishes/kitchen while I'm on vacation..we rarely get time to get away so when we do, I just want to ride Splash Mountain 27 times and lay by the pool....the room is to sleep in and I don't want to waste time on a bus getting somewhere....sigh...but that $$ savings always throws all my 'perfect wishes' out the window! I appreciate all the votes...come May 6th, hopefully you all will have decided for me!
I hear you! We are in the same boat....we are currently booked at CR garden view garden wing for 9/7-9/14 prior to our Disney Fantasy 7 night Western Caribbean Cruise and are trying to keep costs for resorts down. We are torn between keeping CR GW ressie or changing to WL (which is our fav) or to our first Mod Resort like POR....decisions, decisions!!!
Tntfras is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:56 PM   #11
Sue M
DIS Veteran

I voted for CR. location, location! Can't beat walking to MK, and monorail to Epcot. Rooms are large, everything under one roof. It's not that much more then the value suites.

FW cabins are difficult if you don't have a car. I believe you need to take a bus to get to MK boat or park bus, and many people rent golf carts to get around.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 Poly
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:57 AM   #12
lmhall2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tntfras View Post
I hear you! We are in the same boat....we are currently booked at CR garden view garden wing for 9/7-9/14 prior to our Disney Fantasy 7 night Western Caribbean Cruise and are trying to keep costs for resorts down. We are torn between keeping CR GW ressie or changing to WL (which is our fav) or to our first Mod Resort like POR....decisions, decisions!!!
If we only had four in our family or five with one small enough for the POR fifth bed then I would definitely book POR! Before the cruise do not spoil yourself with too large a room, those cruise ship rooms are quite cozy!

Old 04-25-2013, 06:01 AM   #13
lmhall2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
I voted for CR. location, location! Can't beat walking to MK, and monorail to Epcot. Rooms are large, everything under one roof. It's not that much more then the value suites.

FW cabins are difficult if you don't have a car. I believe you need to take a bus to get to MK boat or park bus, and many people rent golf carts to get around.
That is what I feared with cabins, plus it is love bug season, just not keen on being around all the love bugs flying around.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:16 AM   #14
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

What about two value rooms at POP? Two rooms are cheaper than the suite at AoA and the savings could almost pay for the upgrade to DDP. You aren't guaranteed connecting rooms, but since your kids are older it might not be a big deal.

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
momof2gr8kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:02 AM   #15
lynn46356
DIS Veteran

I agree with momof2gr8kids. We are a family of 5, husband, myself and 3 boys, 25, 24, 14. Our last family trip to WDW we did the exact same thing. We booked 2 rooms at Pop. They were next door to each other. The adult sons loved having there own space, tv (of course) and bathroom. We did too. No one had to share a bed either.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: