Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 11:51 AM   #271
DillWaters
Mouseketeer

<---- click here

Click on the username on the left of the post and select "Send a private message to ..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by LvCruzin View Post
Once I get my guests out of my house I am going to be working like a mad woman to get everything I want to done. So much to do and its getting down to the wire.....
OK....how do you PM? It will take me sometime to figure out how to do it so I thought I'd ask.....lol.
DillWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:51 PM   #272
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFamily2005 View Post
Today I ordered from Amazon:

Bag of clothespins
Bug repellant wipes
Industrial size bottle of chewable, generic, motion sickness pills
Disney Pixar Storybook collection (for autographs)

Last week I ordered our Pixar Pals tees from Custom Ink.

56 days everyone!
zweihund is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #273
Jewell24
Off to Neverland

Quote:

Bag of clothespins
Bug repellant wipes

56 days everyone!
We had a very similar Amazon order! In addition to the Bug Repellant Wipes I did sunscreen wipes and all in One laundry sheets.

I am so super excited about this cruise!! On the one hand I want it to be here already and on the other there is so much to do beforehand that I feel like I am running out of time.

Anyone familiar with Mendehall Glacier trails from the visitor center? I want to hike one while we are there but want to pick one that the kids can do.

04/2013 Kidani Village 03/2013 Wilderness Lodge 06/2012 Vero Beach Resort 05/2012 Boardwalk Resort 04/2012 Caribbean Beach Resort 03/2012 Bay Lake Towers 03/2011 Disney Dream 5178 11/2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2/2011 Port Orleans 4/2009 & 11/2010 Coronado Springs 06/2008 Polynesian Resort
Jewell24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:27 PM   #274
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Quote:

Bag of clothespins
Bug repellant wipes

56 days everyone!
Are the bug repellent wipes any good?
Seems they would be nice and easy to pack and I hate the usual sprays
Hope you don't have to use the motion sickness pills!
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:49 AM   #275
ScottFamily2005
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Are the bug repellent wipes any good?
Seems they would be nice and easy to pack and I hate the usual sprays
Hope you don't have to use the motion sickness pills!
I have never used these wipes, so we will see - Trader Ben, I think. They are 30% DEET. I figured it would be less hassle than packing a 3 Oz. Bottle.

I tend toward mild motion sickness. I take a pill a day when we cruise or fly, and that seems to do the trick. I don't get horribly sick, just enough to annoy me and ruin an afternoon, so I medicate prophlactically. My DD can get a little queasy at times if she reads in the car, so I want to be prepared. I don't want her to have a bad trip, so I will wrap a pill in a slice of cheese at breakfast. LOL

Disney Wonder to Alaska June 17-24, 2013 - fell in love with DCL!
Next cruise: Fantasy Eastern June 6, 2015
ScottFamily2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:27 PM   #276
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have never used these wipes, so we will see - Trader Ben, I think. They are 30% DEET. I figured it would be less hassle than packing a 3 Oz. Bottle.

I tend toward mild motion sickness. I take a pill a day when we cruise or fly, and that seems to do the trick. I don't get horribly sick, just enough to annoy me and ruin an afternoon, so I medicate prophlactically. My DD can get a little queasy at times if she reads in the car, so I want to be prepared. I don't want her to have a bad trip, so I will wrap a pill in a slice of cheese at breakfast. LOL
Thanks for the reminder on the Deet wipes! I think I ordered the exact same ones from Drugstore since they were just a tad cheaper (shocking!) and I had to order a few other items from there.

Like you, I also take a Bonine every day as a "just in case". My DS and DH do just fine and I travel with stuff for them too, but I'd rather not be any kind of sick on my stomach and the Bonine works perfectly. After getting off the Fantasy this past December, the airport was moving quite a bit (lol ) and I had swaying feelings for at least 3 days. Several on our cruise thread had the same symptoms (the last night was a little rocky) so I learned from reading the thread to keep taking the Bonine after getting home to help with that. I wasn't sick or anything - just felt off for a few days.

Pretty soon we'll be able to say, "we're going in a month and a half!"

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, & 4/2014 Fantasy Next: 9/2014 (Dream for my Mom), 4/2015 Wonder & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:11 PM   #277
Linda67

Quote:

Thanks for the info. I am going to try and find some of these wipes in the UK
When I was out in the US for business a couple of weeks ago I picked up some Dramamine (stuff like this is so expensive in England!)
I read somewhere that you should start taking it a couple of days before you board so I will probably do that, and then just take one per day, probably before bed
I just don't want to be drowsy durning the day - too much to do!!
The motion doesn't seem to bother DH at all
Old 04-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #278
Linda67

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInTheMagic View Post

Thanks for the reminder on the Deet wipes! I think I ordered the exact same ones from Drugstore since they were just a tad cheaper (shocking!) and I had to order a few other items from there.

Like you, I also take a Bonine every day as a "just in case". My DS and DH do just fine and I travel with stuff for them too, but I'd rather not be any kind of sick on my stomach and the Bonine works perfectly. After getting off the Fantasy this past December, the airport was moving quite a bit (lol ) and I had swaying feelings for at least 3 days. Several on our cruise thread had the same symptoms (the last night was a little rocky) so I learned from reading the thread to keep taking the Bonine after getting home to help with that. I wasn't sick or anything - just felt off for a few days.

Pretty soon we'll be able to say, "we're going in a month and a half!"

Heather
In only a couple of days we will be able to say "we are cruising next month"
Old 04-27-2013, 10:57 AM   #279
kandie5775
Earning My Ears

Eeeeee....I got my Pixar shirts back from vistaprint and they look awesome!! It was so awesome seeing you ladies on FB! That website is amazing! There are such talented people on there that are so generous!
Working on my FE gifts today.
I had a question for anyone that's a little more used to taking taxis or other public transportation, (here in So. Cal everyone drives everywhere!)
I will be traveling with my 2 year old and he still needs to be in a car seat. Do taxis usually have car seats with them? Or is Vancouver easily traveled with the bus / train system? I'm wanting to avoid renting a car if I can...

Any insight would be appreciated!!

Blessings!

kandie5775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #280
LvCruzin
Earning My Ears

Okay..I'm officially gonna need another door to decorate. Those designers are just driving me nuts with all the cool designs. I'm wanting it ALL....am I the only one going crazy? Now that my guests are gone, I have to get going on crafting like a mad woman....lol.
LvCruzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:52 AM   #281
Linda67

Hi everyone

Hope you are enjoying your weekends so far

Quick question, we need to make a final decision on joining the FE group soon

Does anyone have an update on how many sign ups there are and when the cut off date for joining is?

Thanks everyone!

Lx
Old 04-27-2013, 01:50 PM   #282
CrusingFamily4
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone

My husband, myself, and twin 4 year old girls have put a hold on this cruise. I just need to secure dog sitting and we should be good to go. This will be our 3rd Disney cruise (2nd trip to Alaska).
CrusingFamily4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:23 PM   #283
kandie5775
Earning My Ears

Welcome!! As we get closer, our little thread is growing!! I love it!

kandie5775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:37 PM   #284
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandie5775 View Post
Eeeeee....I got my Pixar shirts back from vistaprint and they look awesome!! It was so awesome seeing you ladies on FB! That website is amazing! There are such talented people on there that are so generous!
Working on my FE gifts today.
I had a question for anyone that's a little more used to taking taxis or other public transportation, (here in So. Cal everyone drives everywhere!)
I will be traveling with my 2 year old and he still needs to be in a car seat. Do taxis usually have car seats with them? Or is Vancouver easily traveled with the bus / train system? I'm wanting to avoid renting a car if I can...

Any insight would be appreciated!!

Blessings!
We pretty much walked everywhere - when we went, our daughter was 20 months and we just tucked her in the stroller and "beat feet"
We hired a car to and from the airport and requested a carseat. But we didn't want to lug ours along. Planning for the same this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrusingFamily4 View Post
Hi everyone

My husband, myself, and twin 4 year old girls have put a hold on this cruise. I just need to secure dog sitting and we should be good to go. This will be our 3rd Disney cruise (2nd trip to Alaska).
We'll have our 3 1/2 year old and her best friend (same age) with us, we'll have to introduce the girls in the kids' club! Welcome
zweihund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:18 PM   #285
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrusingFamily4 View Post
Hi everyone

Welcome!!

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, & 4/2014 Fantasy Next: 9/2014 (Dream for my Mom), 4/2015 Wonder & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: