Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 04:21 PM   #1
RunningAriel
Formerly known as DISNEYDUET

Best places to eat for solo travelers

Hi gang! My DF is NOT a Disney fan and will only go once a year with me. As you can see from my ticker our annual trip is already planned. Sooooo I started thinking about a solo trip and maybe that would be the last weekend of Flower and Garden Fest! I know I want to enjoy the food booths but will do that on Friday before the crowds arrive. So that leaves me with Sat and Sun. Any recommendations. When I travel by myself I usually go and sit at the bar.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:22 PM   #2
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

You can eat at most, if not all, of the restaurant bars.
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 04:26 PM   #3
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

When I travel solo I eat at the same places that I eat at when traveling with family and friends. I will say that I keep going back to the GF Cafe for breakfast. I usually eat about 9 so it's never crowded .... never feel rushed to get out. Since the staff isn't real busy they always take a little extra time with me to chat. Met the best server there originally from England.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:53 PM   #4
winthropf
Mouseketeer

I have been doing solo trips for years. I have eaten at most TS restaurants solo. I recommend picking a restaurant or food that you want to eat and go for it.
winthropf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:43 PM   #5
aVASTGrl
DIS Veteran

Eat wherever you normally eat or to try someplace new! I used my solo trip to eat at some of the places that when I'm with my family, we can never agree on I actually found that I preferred TS over CS solo.

[*]~Spring 2014 - WL"Flowers And Gardens And Bees" Solo Trip[*]~Summer 2013 - AKL "Family Reunion Recovery" Trip[*]~Halloween 2012 - YC Solo Extravaganza!![*]~Christmas 2011 - POFQ "Is That What Snow Looks Like?" Celebration[*]~Summer 2010 - Off-site[*]~Summer 2009 - CSR "Stop That Bus" Fun[*]~Summer 2008 - Off-site "Never Eating Salmon Again" Disaster[*]~Graduation 2007 - AKL "My Ankle Just Separated!!" Special Sister Vacay[*]~Late Summer 1998 - POFQ "Runaway Cart" Episode[*]~Early Summer 1998 - Disneyland Paris nee Eurodisney "Whinnie Le Pooh" Ooh La La[*]~March 1998 - Off-site Singing Competition "The Band Kids Stole Our Bus!!" Trip[*]~1985 - My One And Only Disneyland Trip That I Don't Remember[*]~1983-1996 - Every Other Summer WDW Pilgrimage aka the beginnings of my Disney Obsession Thank You Mom & Dad

aVASTGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:19 PM   #6
ChrisNY2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningAriel View Post
Hi gang! My DF is NOT a Disney fan and will only go once a year with me. As you can see from my ticker our annual trip is already planned. Sooooo I started thinking about a solo trip and maybe that would be the last weekend of Flower and Garden Fest! I know I want to enjoy the food booths but will do that on Friday before the crowds arrive. So that leaves me with Sat and Sun. Any recommendations. When I travel by myself I usually go and sit at the bar.
I'll be there solo the same weekend! It's a long weekend trip to see the superhot David Bromstad at the Flower and Garden Festival. (I do a lot of runDisney events too!)

Anyway, I have enjoyed Teppan Edo by myself - maybe because I feel entertained. I tend to bring my Kindle to the regular restaurants when I'm alone, but I haven't found any particular restaurants bad for solo travelers. (Although, I might feel a little weird alone at Biergarten.) I've found that the servers are generally superfriendly.

Eating at the counter at Flying Fish was kind of neat as well.

Anyway, I'd just suggest going to the restaurants that sound good!
Old 04-25-2013, 10:41 PM   #7
DakotaRose
Mouseketeer

I prefer the privacy of my own table to eating at the bar. Different strokes.... Eat where you like, and use the opportunity to try a new place or pricier options if they appeal to you. You're only paying for one.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:45 PM   #8
mrzrich
DIS Veteran

I have to say eating solo at Ohana was interesting. i was seated at a tiny table that the proceeded to cover in food. I must have looked like a complete gluton!

All for one person: Bread Salad Sauces Potstickers and Wings Noodles and Broccoli Banana Bread Pudding Of course in addition to this the skewers of meats and shrimp kept coming around. That night the steak was exceptional. I'm used to it being over cooked there, but this time it was nice and medium rare.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: