Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 08:48 PM   #46
Wendy31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellinton View Post
Shoot, we have early dinner reservations there, maybe I should switch to lunch. What is the earliest time Remy comes out, and what would be a good reservation time for that?
How early is your dinner ADR?

I think Remy's last rotation is 5:20 pm, so we have an early dinner ADR for 4:30 pm in the hopes of seeing him during his last rotation.

(DH) (me) (DD, 14years) (DS, 13 years) (DS, 4 years)
Wendy31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:40 PM   #47
LBlovesM&WDW
Mouseketeer

We went on our HM and my actual birthday night. It started out just fine until we declined wine and apps. At that point, the waiter's demeanor changed and he wasn't friendly or helpful. Our food was out to us in less than 3 minutes. It was obviously sitting under lamps--not good. My H was in the Army and will eat just about anything. I was done eating long before him (very slow eater) and when Remy came by, our waiter came and dumped his plate without asking. He was livid and hungry, but didn't want to make a fuss on this special occasion.

I keep hearing about how wonderful lunch is, but he begged me to never go there again.
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 10:42 PM   #48
skellinton
Mouseketeer

Our dinner reservations are timed to hopefully see Remy, I a just wondering of we wanted to see him at lunch what would be the earliest time we should make the reservation for.
skellinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:22 PM   #49
SwirlyGirly
Mouseketeer

We had an acceptable lunch there last summer. Our problem was that they Chefs de France is not big on accommodating allergies, so we had little to choose from. My daughters loved meeting Remy, however.
SwirlyGirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:31 AM   #50
DizzDoll
DIS Veteran

A lot of you folks are unimpressed with Chefs for dinner which, of course, is what I have an ADR for. My question is if any of you had the Coquilles Ste. Jacque and if so, was it good? I saw that on the menu which is why I booked in the first place
Old 04-25-2013, 11:57 AM   #51
DAlston4485
Earning My Ears

This is my first time commenting, even though I have been a lurker for 3 years, lol. We had great service at Chefs in 2011. Our waitress was awesome, our family took pics with her and another waitress and she gave me her email address to send her the pics. Even though she is now back in France, we still keep in contact through facebook!
DAlston4485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:12 PM   #52
ginnygi
Mouseketeer

Coral Reef

I was terrified to eat at Coral Reef because of reviews that I read saying how horrible it was. But there were also reviews saying that it was great. So I tried it, and loved it. The food was delicious. Sometimes I have no idea if people just have completely different standards/expectaions or what. Am I normal? Who knows. But I love Coral Reef and have gone back since my first visit. Never had a problem. Loved the food. Loved the atmosphere. All I am trying to say is dont be scared by bad reviews. If it seems interesting to you, TRY IT!!!
Old 04-28-2013, 01:52 PM   #53
Bronte
DIS Veteran

So if we have a 5:30 ADR we will not see Remy ???

Are the portion sizes the same for lunch and dinner (prices are different.)
Bronte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:35 PM   #54
mtgqrb
Earning My Ears

We were there last December and dinner at this restaurant was the biggest disappointment of our entire trip. Needless to say, I won't be making an ADR there for our upcoming November trip!
mtgqrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:42 PM   #55
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found

Its not really french food. Us it awful? No. Is there better at WS? HECK YEAH

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:30 PM   #56
PrincessKida
Annual Passholder, Princess Lover, Wilderness Explorer

I had never been but I have family that loves it so I got to go over Easter. I really really enjoyed it. Certainly better than plenty of the TS I've had, even in Epcot. I had the French Onion soup, the salmon and the creme brulee. All great.

Visit My Personal Character Site/Blog: http://wdwcharacteradventures.weebly.com/
PrincessKida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:56 PM   #57
B-Ride
Getting My Disney Fix

We love Chefs and have never had a bad meal there. The service can definitely be slow but we leave lots of time and just relax.
Disneyland Grand Californian 2014
B-Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:29 PM   #58
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Chefs ranks as one of the restaurants we have eaten at most often. Never had a bad meal there.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:30 PM   #59
Nohal
DIS Veteran

We went last year for the first time and really thought it was excellent. Our server was the best we have had anywhere. Unfortunatly he was leaving at the end of the month to go back to France.
Nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:42 PM   #60
poohguys
DIS Veteran

I too was hesitant about making a reservation due to seeing negative reviews. I ended up making a 5 pm dinner reservation for our trip last August. I have to say I think it was the top meal of our trip for me and DH. I had the filet mignon. I asked for it to be cooked medium and it and was so good as were the potatoes au gratin that came with it. DH had the roasted half chicken which he thought was excellent. DS had the short ribs. He enjoyed the ribs but wished there were more of them and they came with something other than noodles. I think he is the only who does not like noodles or rice! Our waiter was very friendly to all of us. He spent a good deal of time talking to DS who was 11 at the time. I agree that the tables were a little close. We did get to see Remy. I would defiantly go back again. I think Disney restaurants are no different than any other restaurants. You are going to have your good and bad servers and the food quality might just depend on who is in the kitchen cooking that night.

Off Site '74
Husband too many times to remember starting in 1979
Poly '90
Dixie Landings '95
SOG '96 (honeymoon trip 15 wonderful days!)
Dixie (POR)'97
Dixie (POR) 2003 (First trip for our son)
Dixie (POR)Oct 2005
Dixie (POR) August 2006
Dixie (POR) August 2007
Dixie (POR) August 2012

poohguys is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: