Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 10:49 PM   #16
MyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

I wanted an ADR for several reasons.

Based on pictures the theming looks amazing. As Beauty and the Beast fans, the restaurant is an attraction in itself. I know we could see it for lunch, but I didn't want to waste prime AM touring time waiting in line for lunch. My kids are young and we have to eat at peak lunch times. That's when they're hungry. With adults, it's easier to manipulate meal times.

I did manage to get an ADR (on the early side, but early we can do - late is an issue) and I'm thrilled.

Now a Mom of THREE Princesses.
DD (8) , DD (6) DD (3)

1989: Offsite
Nov 2009: 7 days at Coronado Springs
March 2011: 8 days at POFQ
May 2013: 7 days at Art of Animation (Lion King Suites)
Can't stay away! Heading back to WDW in February 2014: 6 days at Port Orleans Riverside
MyTwoPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:57 PM   #17
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Interestingly I had one of the best and most knowledgable waiters I've had in 8 Disney trips at BOG. He was fabulous. The food was good. Not fabulous, but I don't go to a theme park for fabulous food.
The ambiance and theming are out of this world. Disney did it right with this one and we were very very impressed. It is just beautiful.
I felt like a little kid walking into that castle and wondering what waited around every corner. That's a feeling that you don't get too often as a grown up. It was delightful.
pigletto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2013, 11:11 PM   #18
clayfolks
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegN529 View Post
Just ate there last week for lunch and dinner. Save yourself the stress of trying to get an ADR and go for lunch. The food at dinner was just okay, nothing special. I enjoyed lunch much more. I agree with the PP, the cupcakes are seriously the best part of both menus. I will say, the restaurant is gorgeous, they did an excellent job.
. Absolutely agree! Dinner was okay...lunch was special.

CBR Jan '90 * POFQ May '94, Jan '06, Jan '09, Feb '10 * AKL Jambo May '10 & Pop Century & AKL Kidani Sept '10 * Pop Sept, Nov '10 * SSR & BWV Jan '11
* Ireland Road Trip! Mar '11 * AK Kidani Sept '11 * SSMC Sept '11 * BLT Sept '11 * AK Kidani Jan '12! * AK Kidani Nov '12 * Pop Century Feb '13 * AK Jambo Club Level Feb '13 * OKW May '13 * OKW Oct '13 * AK Kidani Jan '14 *
clayfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:29 PM   #19
Patrickprincess
HAVE A MAGICAL DAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTwoPrincesses
I wanted an ADR for several reasons.

Based on pictures the theming looks amazing. As Beauty and the Beast fans, the restaurant is an attraction in itself. I know we could see it for lunch, but I didn't want to waste prime AM touring time waiting in line for lunch. My kids are young and we have to eat at peak lunch times. That's when they're hungry. With adults, it's easier to manipulate meal times.

I did manage to get an ADR (on the early side, but early we can do - late is an issue) and I'm thrilled.
I get to eat here for my birthday
2012 WDW Riverside Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest Room. Disney cruiseline The Fantasy. 2007 Disneyland @The Disneyland Hotel. 2006 Disneyland @ The Paradise pier hotel. 2004 WDW @ Port Orleans French quater. 2002 WDW@ Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Cruiseline The Wonder. 2000 Disneyland @The Disneyland Hotel. Disneyland 1999 1998,1996. Upcomming WDW Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest.
a proud stockholder and a mariner and seahawk fan for life
Patrickprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:09 AM   #20
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

The restaurant is a must see. People differ on the food. But we were lucky enough to get lunch at a soft opening in Nov. We had a late breakfast and weren't planning on lunch. I wasn't even hungry but we had to try it! DH and I split a steak sandwich, fries and a chocolate cupcake. It was very good. IDK about french food but this was pretty much steak, bread and fries. We also were lucky enough to get a dinner ressie for Dec. 2 of us got the,steak and pomme frittes. The fries were differant than at lunch. More like a thicker steak fry. at lunch they were your typical Disney fries. The steak was steak. Cooked just as we ordered. DDIL got the ratatoulle. She liked it but wasnt in love with it. Again the chocolate cupcake was,TDF! The chocolate cream puff was a little soggy. DDIL was celebrating her birthday and got the GreyStuff. It was,a tiny dollup but very good. DS and DDIL both tried a beer. Those were the only really 'French' things we noticed!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:59 AM   #21
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

We had lunch in Dec & thought the steak sandwich & grilled cheese & strawberry cupcakes were pretty good, nice change from burgers, nuggets, BBQ sandwiches & pizza!

We have dinner ADR for sept & I want to try the seafood pastry thing & chocolate cupcake! Lol

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012

bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:11 AM   #22
Magic3forme
Grand Slam club members

we went over spring break... Our food was the best meal we had that week... and a lot less expensive than the buffets!! (I had steak. not really French food. )

the theming was great too!! I loved watching it snow while we were eating dinner. the Beast was available for photos too.

the 5 of us all agreed we want to go back again for dinner! lunch is our goal for this summer.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:21 AM   #23
POROct2013
Mouseketeer

Wow, thank you for all the replies!! I am not a hard one to convice to do things and you have all convinced me to try getting an ADR at BOG.

I LOVE the movie and so do my kids. I didn't realize there was a meet and greet with the Beast. That's pretty cool.

I should really look at the menu in more detail. We are definitely not a family who is going to WDW for the food so we aren't bothered if the food isn't fantastic, I just didn't know if there would be anything on the menu that we'd like. I'll go check it out.

We will be trying for a dinnertime ADR. I thought I read that there are 3 different areas to eat in. Is this true? Do you specify on your reservation?

Thanks again!
POROct2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:31 AM   #24
Lesleyluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

We went for both Lunch and dinner. The food is nice, not particularly French, more of a French theme. The lunch is great value and is quite similar to dinner menu (desserts are exactly the same).

I imagine just because its a new experience the demand will be greater. x
1998 - Port Orleans French Quarter * 1999 - All Star Music * 2000 - All Star Sports * 2001 - All Star Movies * 2002 - All Star Movies * 2004 - All Star Movies * 2006 - Caribbean Beach HONEYMOON!* 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside *2010 - Old Key West* 2013 - Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa

Magical Disneyland Paris Visits!2001 - Santa Fe Hotel * 2002 - Disneyland Hotel[COLOR="New York[/B][/B][/B][/B]

PaleGreen"]* 2005 - Hotel New York
[/[B]2011 - Hotel New York

Disneyland & California AdventureOct 2009 - 1st visit!

Lesleyluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:42 AM   #25
kgsmith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
Interestingly I had one of the best and most knowledgable waiters I've had in 8 Disney trips at BOG. He was fabulous. The food was good. Not fabulous, but I don't go to a theme park for fabulous food.
The ambiance and theming are out of this world. Disney did it right with this one and we were very very impressed. It is just beautiful.
I felt like a little kid walking into that castle and wondering what waited around every corner. That's a feeling that you don't get too often as a grown up. It was delightful.
This is exactly how I felt!

DS11 loved it, too! We were both so excited to eat there! We had great service and thought the food (dinner) was very good. We're going again for dinner in August, when DH can join us. I think we might try a lunch, too!

kgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #26
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

There are three dining rooms, the Ballroom, the West Wing and the Rose Gallery. The Rose Gallery is not always open for dinner. I had dinner there in January and the Rose Gallery was closed off to the public. Apparently at dinner you are not able to request a certain room. We didn't request, they just put us in the ballroom.

At lunch all three dining rooms are open and you can pick which one you sit in. West Wing is the smallest room and doesn't seem to have any small tables. While the Rose Gallery is decorated in a rose motif, the Enchanted Rose itself is in the West Wing.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:02 PM   #27
kimber11
Kimberley

I think it was just the entire experience that made us like it so much. I think it would be a must for every trip we make now. Just sitting in the ballroom was amazing and we got to walk around after our meal, to the west wing and see the magic rose, then we got to go into the study and get our picture taken with the Beast in front of the fireplace. The food was not french at all and was quite normal dishes but quite delicious and I really enjoyed the strawberry cupcake for dessert. Belle is next door at Enchanted Tales with Belle which is a must see attraction if Beauty and the Beast is your favourite movie. I would say don't miss Be Our Guest. It is a wonderful experience.
kimber11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:42 PM   #28
rdevine10
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them- Walt Disney

We ate there this past Sat night. It honestly was one of the best meals we had at Disney. (I was VERY under-whelmed by just about all of our food this trip). I enjoyed the mussels and potato leek soup. DH got the steak. Kids got the chicken with pasta & veggies. It was probably the best food we had all week at Disney restaurant. And to top it off, cost about $50 less than the character meals!
Too many childhood trips to count. 9/00- ASMovies, 5/05- Pop, 9/06- Pop, 9/07- Pop, 5/08-AKL & Summer Bay, 9/08- Pop, 4/09-Nick Hotel & Caribe Royal, 4/10-Bonnet Creek, 9/10- Pop, 4/11 Disney Dream Cruise-4night (Nassau & Castaway Cay x 2) & Bonnet Creek, 4/12 Carnival Legend Cruise (Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize & Cozumel) & CBR, 4/13- Bonnet Creek 8/13- Daytona Beach, RCCL Enchantment of the Seas (Nassau & Coco Cay) & Art of Animation! 4/2014- Carnival Freedom (Key West, Ocho Rios & Grand Cayman) & Caribe Royal

rdevine10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: