Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #1
Mad4MickeyWDW
Earning My Ears

Newly Refurbished French Bakery in EPCOT

Now that the bakery in the France pavillion has reopened since getting a facelift have the food options changed? What are people's thoughts?!! What does it look like?!
Mad4MickeyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #2
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

We went to the new bakery in France a week ago Monday and the options are pretty much the same but I think they have changed some recipes or changed how they make certain things. The Napoleon, which is what I always get there has changed dramatically. The wafers are a lot harder and very dark brown and it doesn't even taste the same. (If you want a good original Napoleon you will have to get it at Hollywood Studios Starring Rolls)

The one thing I didn't see was the big Ham and Cheese croissant but I only went down one side of the line. There are 2 sides so I am not sure if they had it on the other side of the line.

The bakery seems bigger and they do have more tables than they use to but they still don't have near enough tables. They have a row of tables across the back of the room that are HIGH tables you stand up in front of, no chairs to sit.

We had to go outside and sit at a table in the hot sun eating our snacks. It was either stand up jammed right up against some other ppl or go sit outside in the hot sun.

I am still going to stop in there and get a Napoleon every time I go even though they aren't that great any more.

Dh had a Strawberry Parfait and he said they aren't as good as they use to be and that the Strawberry Parfait at Starring Rolls was way better now.

I think they may have even added some things to the menu because there is a menu (digital) when you walk in and I didn't recognize some of the things it had listed. It may have been all in French I dunno.

I would still give it a try. If you go early in the day like start at Canada instead of Mexico and make your way around to France pretty early in the day you may be able to get yourself a seat inside. For sure if you go right at 11 when World Showcase opens you will be able to get a seat.

That is what I am going to do next time. I always start in Mexico and get over to France around 1 or 2. Next time I am starting in Canada where I will get to France around 11:45 or 12:00.

Edited to add: I forgot you asked what it looks like. When you walk in the main door you will walk through the section where all the tables are. The food and the ordering lines are along the back wall of the bakery. You can go right or left in the line and like I said I am not sure if the offerings are the same on both sides.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip

Last edited by MinnieLovesMickey12; 04-24-2013 at 06:52 PM.
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: