Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #1
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Tell me about..

La Hacienda!

I have been repeatedly let down with the San Angel Inn. It's really disappointing to me, because it's my favorite looking pavilion and I just keep going hoping that I'll like the food more. I haven't been to La Hacienda and was hoping we'd add it in on our next trip. Tell me more about it, what was your experience, favorite dish, etc....

Thanks in advance!
cbeeindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:42 PM   #2
karly05
DIS Veteran

I tried La Hacienda for the first time this year and really enjoyed it. I had the tilapia dish (pescado a la talla?) - thought it was very good, a little spicy but not too much so. They bring you chips and 2 salsas - the chips were a little thicker/heavier than some, but good, and I really liked the mild green salsa (I think someone here has called it tomatillo salsa). The hotter red salsa was definitely hotter, but tasty; I kept dipping just the edge of a chip in it. With my dinner, they brought a little dish of small flour tortillas, a dish of rice (good but fairly standard), and a dish of refried-style black beans that were one of my favorite food finds of the trip. For dessert, I had the empanada de manzana, which was an apple turnover with ice cream and caramel sauce - hard to go wrong with that!

I booked this ADR on a whim, and was really pleased with food and experience; I would definitely go back.
2013 - POFQ - Mardi Gras in the Little Easy
2014 - POFQ - "Eat Around the World" - Yes. Yes, I did.
karly05 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 08:19 PM   #3
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karly05 View Post
I tried La Hacienda for the first time this year and really enjoyed it. I had the tilapia dish (pescado a la talla?) - thought it was very good, a little spicy but not too much so. They bring you chips and 2 salsas - the chips were a little thicker/heavier than some, but good, and I really liked the mild green salsa (I think someone here has called it tomatillo salsa). The hotter red salsa was definitely hotter, but tasty; I kept dipping just the edge of a chip in it. With my dinner, they brought a little dish of small flour tortillas, a dish of rice (good but fairly standard), and a dish of refried-style black beans that were one of my favorite food finds of the trip. For dessert, I had the empanada de manzana, which was an apple turnover with ice cream and caramel sauce - hard to go wrong with that!

I booked this ADR on a whim, and was really pleased with food and experience; I would definitely go back.
I'm so glad to hear good things about this restaurant, I love mexican food and I wanted to give it another try at that pavilion! Thanks for the advice on the food!
Old 04-25-2013, 08:27 PM   #4
Emteach
DIS Veteran

Just as a side note I would also highly recommend La Cantina. The food there is delicious and great quality. Ate there on our last trip and loved!

WDW Polynesian (August 2012)
WDW All Star Movies (August 2006)
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort (December 1996)
WDW Off-Property (December 1992)

DDP Review
Party of 5: August 2012 Dining Review with the Queen of Chicken Nuggets (With Pics)
[URL="http://http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2998041&highlight=picky+eaters"]

Disney World - August 2012 - Trip Report
Picky Eaters, Sore Feet, Hurricanes...After 6 Yrs Nothing will get in our way!
Emteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #5
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emteach View Post
Just as a side note I would also highly recommend La Cantina. The food there is delicious and great quality. Ate there on our last trip and loved!
Thank you for your input! I can't wait to try the food there!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: