Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 02:44 PM   #736
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post

I saw that!! Now I'm more hopeful for October FD!! It's a move in the right direction. But my only concern is...we are staying at POFQ which is a moderate and we have the QSDP. With this promo, you have to be staying at a value with QSDP to get it free right?? Would I still be able to get QSDP free staying at a moderate instead of a value, do you think?
No, you can't downgrade, but the restaurants will now let you trade TS credits for CS credits or you can go to guest relations and have them convert the credits.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:47 PM   #737
1tufgt
DIS Veteran

Hope FD extends to Oct.
9/10 - CSR - Our DD 1st trip to Disney
10/22/11 - 10/30/11 - Pop - With the inlaws their 1st trip
10/28/13 - 11/7/13 - Back to Pop! DD2 1st trip to Disney
1tufgt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 02:51 PM   #738
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post

No, you can't downgrade, but the restaurants will now let you trade TS credits for CS credits or you can go to guest relations and have them convert the credits.
I wouldn't be downgrading...I'm perfectly happy with our QSDP. I was just wondering if I'd still get FD staying at a moderate with it. If...they offer the same promotion for late fall.
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:55 PM   #739
1tufgt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I wouldn't be downgrading...I'm perfectly happy with our QSDP. I was just wondering if I'd still get FD staying at a moderate with it. If...they offer the same promotion for late fall.
The current promo is if your at Value you get QSDP, Moderate and above you get SDP.
9/10 - CSR - Our DD 1st trip to Disney
10/22/11 - 10/30/11 - Pop - With the inlaws their 1st trip
10/28/13 - 11/7/13 - Back to Pop! DD2 1st trip to Disney
1tufgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:58 PM   #740
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:

They wont offer the quick service DDP at the moderates under a free dining promo. If you call and add the FD code to your existing reservation, it will automatically be the Regular/Basic DDP. If you want to do quick service dining during your stay, you will have to have your TS credits converted into CS credits. It's a much bigger hassle to do it in line at the CS locations, do go to guest services at your resort and have them convert the TS credits for you. You can not do this over the phone beforehand, it can only be done after check in.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:59 PM   #741
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tufgt View Post

The current promo is if your at Value you get QSDP, Moderate and above you get SDP.
Ok...thank you. I hope it changes for fall. I don't need the SDP....
Old 04-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #742
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:

They wont offer the quick service DDP at the moderates under a free dining promo. If you call and add the FD code to your existing reservation, it will automatically be the Regular/Basic DDP. If you want to do quick service dining during your stay, you will have to have your TS credits converted into CS credits. It's a much bigger hassle to do it in line at the CS locations, do go to guest services at your resort and have them convert the TS credits for you. You can not do this over the phone beforehand, it can only be done after check in.
But you paid more for the DDP than the QSDP...how would that work converting them? Sorry...I'm confused and your helping me figure it out...lol
Old 04-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #743
jska482
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post

I have an ongoing NOTES page for my trips. I just add to it as I need. The best thing about that is I can email my NOTES page to myself or whoever is traveling with me.
Is it just a document you made, or how did you create the page?
jska482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:08 PM   #744
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:

But you paid more for the DDP than the QSDP...how would that work converting them? Sorry...I'm confused and your helping me figure it out...lol
It's free dining, the cost is $0 for either plan. If you want to take advantage of a free dining offer at a Moderate Resort, you are automatically given the Regular/Basic DDP, that is how the discount code/package will be set up on the WDW reservations system, they will not be able to downgrade you to the Quick Service plan under that FD code in their system. If you only want to do QS during your trip, you will have to have your TS dining credits converted into CS credits, because your FD reservation at a moderate resort will automatically include one (1) credit per person, per night of your stay.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:17 PM   #745
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Well, with the reduced dates of the now-announced late summer free dining plan and the high number of resort bookings in October, I have resigned myself that FD will certainly NOT be coming in October. They have absolutely no reason to do so. Bummer. I have a decent discount already but free dining would save us some bucks.

My 180+10 was this morning and I had trouble getting my desired times, even places that I have never had any trouble scoring before. For example, Narcoossees on my birthday I couldn't get a time that works with seeing Wishes. No 8:05 ADR at Crystal Palace. Pirate's League was booked up (at 180+7!) for the time I planned. Certainly, no BOG was available! Busy, busy.

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
jenjersnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:27 PM   #746
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It's free dining, the cost is $0 for either plan. If you want to take advantage of a free dining offer at a Moderate Resort, you are automatically given the Regular/Basic DDP, that is how the discount code/package will be set up on the WDW reservations system, they will not be able to downgrade you to the Quick Service plan under that FD code in their system. If you only want to do QS during your trip, you will have to have your TS dining credits converted into CS credits, because your FD reservation at a moderate resort will automatically include one (1) credit per person, per night of your stay.
Oh ok...now I think I got it. If they offer the same promotion for October...I can upgrade my dining to DDP again, get it free, and than trade it in for QS credits at my resort?? Our trip is unorganized. We don't want to plan anything including dinner reservations so the QSDP was perfect for us.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #747
ALD85
DIS Veteran

So you have to have the credits changed at check in? It's not as simple as telling the CM checking you out to use a TS instead of a QS? Cause I'm in the same boat as the PP. We are only eating at 2 restaurants so I'd want the rest in QS credits.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:48 PM   #748
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
So you have to have the credits changed at check in? It's not as simple as telling the CM checking you out to use a TS instead of a QS? Cause I'm in the same boat as the PP. We are only eating at 2 restaurants so I'd want the rest in QS credits.
I have never heard of anyone having to go through all of the switching business. As of Jan. 1, 2012, you can use any TS credit for a CS meal anywhere on property. The cashiers will use up your CS credits first, then once they are gone they will just deduct your TS credits.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:48 PM   #749
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjersnap View Post
Well, with the reduced dates of the now-announced late summer free dining plan and the high number of resort bookings in October, I have resigned myself that FD will certainly NOT be coming in October. They have absolutely no reason to do so. Bummer. I have a decent discount already but free dining would save us some bucks.

My 180+10 was this morning and I had trouble getting my desired times, even places that I have never had any trouble scoring before. For example, Narcoossees on my birthday I couldn't get a time that works with seeing Wishes. No 8:05 ADR at Crystal Palace. Pirate's League was booked up (at 180+7!) for the time I planned. Certainly, no BOG was available! Busy, busy.
Oh, I don't think October will totally be blocked out for free dining. At the very least, the last week of October is a historically low crowd week and they will most likely need to fill resort rooms that week.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #750
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post

I have never heard of anyone having to go through all of the switching business. As of Jan. 1, 2012, you can use any TS credit for a CS meal anywhere on property. The cashiers will use up your CS credits first, then once they are gone they will just deduct your TS credits.
I hope this is the case! I'd hate to transfer my credits beforehand in case we spontaneously eat at a TS.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: