Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 05:17 PM   #1096
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
I have a Gmail acct and google+, but I didn't think about using G+ for my pictures! Interesting!

Awe! I wish you were going earlier! We are thinking about next spring break, but our spring break is March 10-14!
Darn it. Once again we will just miss each other.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #1097
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Wow, that was a surprise. I love the Pirate costume. How great that he got in on the act and did so in style.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #1098
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Your aunt & uncle really are,cool! Geoff really got into the spirit of the pirate theme. Where did you get Clair's costume, it's cute & fancy.

I'll have to check out your ticker, they don't show up on the iPad.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:42 PM   #1099
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Wow, that was a surprise. I love the Pirate costume. How great that he got in on the act and did so in style.

Corinna
It was so awesome he did that. A wonderful memory for all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Your aunt & uncle really are,cool! Geoff really got into the spirit of the pirate theme. Where did you get Clair's costume, it's cute & fancy.

I'll have to check out your ticker, they don't show up on the iPad.
They are cool. Growing up, Aunt Mary was always the cool aunt and knew all the up to date music too. LOL
I think I got her costume and Alexis' on Ebay. I have seen them at online costume shops as well. I got them for a steal at like $14 each and they were new with tags too.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:09 AM   #1100
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

A few pictures of our pirates.

I guess Luke was getting fussy, so Thad left with him. Letís just say their idea of fussy isnít bad at all. LOL! He was so quiet, I never even heard him, but Katie said for him this was very fussy.

We also had a photographer come around and take a few pictures.

Rob makes a good pirate.

The second round of appetizers arrived.

This time I got the Caribbean-style Conch Chowder with sherry, sweet peppers, onions, tomatoes, thyme, and garnished with diced potatoes and crispy bacon bits.

I had enjoyed both my appetizers.

Dad got the Mr Smeeís Bib Lettuce Salad With Bibb Lettuce, Baby Greens, Chicory, Tomatoes, Toasted Pine Nuts, and Raspberry Vinaigrette.

Claireís main course arrived then as well. You guessed it. Chicken strips.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:11 AM   #1101
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Our main dishes arrived next. I am not a big fan of the pirate menu for the most part. I did enjoy everything I had, but I felt that the options that I would like were limited, which makes me get the same thing every time now that I have found things I like. That being said, one of my favorite dishes now on the whole cruise is the Treasure-of-the-Seas Grilled Shrimp and Seared Scallops served on strings of pasta and fresh creamy tomato sauce. I discovered this on the Magic, which was my first pirate night menu I have had on DCL. (The 3 night cruises, which I took last on the Dream does not offer a pirate menu). This dish is just really good and I could go for a helping of it right now.

I am pretty sure Gail got this dish.
Jack Sparrowís Barbecue Marinated Beef Short Ribs Rubbed beef short ribs with tamarind-barbecue sauce served with onion red bliss mashed potatoes and plantain chip.

The meal was delicious. We also enjoyed the changing pirate scenes.

I think Rob is the one who discovered that the pictures kept changing. I thought that was a nice touch here.

The desserts offered on this menu just donít do much for me. I was so stuffed from eating so much (and I had vowed tonight I would try to eat lighterÖ..yeah right) that I thought I would skip dessert. Abby was getting tired of being there and I offered to take her for a walk so Gail and Rob could enjoy the dinner. Rob quickly said he would take her. I told him it would be no problem as I was skipping dessert, but I knew he didnít want to burden anyone. But I seriously didnít mind. He did leave with Abby though and I ended up ordering a Mickey Bar. After all itís just ice cream and it will slide right into all the holes left in my stomach Ö.right?

Benjamin also came over and did a trick for the kids.

Alexis was always trying to figure out how he did what he did and she would try it over and over and see if she could get it. I did get this one figured out and I shared the secret with Claire.

Claire also made the same choice as I and went with the Mickey bar.

We enjoyed the meal and waited for the drink bills to come once again ÖÖand once again they just didnít appear.

We basically gave up because we had a pirate party to attend to.

While we were having dessert, Rob took Abby for a few pictures. Arenít they so cute?

Old 04-24-2013, 09:23 AM   #1102
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

A side note..... See Abby's cute pirate outfit? It matches her parents ...but was not bought with theirs. They actually bought theres several years ago for a halloween party. Abby's dress is from Claire. I had bought this about 5 years ago anticipating my 40th b-day. I wanted to sail on the Wonder that year and bought the dress for pirate night for Claire. Well Skip chickened out and we never did sail the wonder and ended up going to WDW that year. And it was still a fabulous trip. Claire wore the dress for Halloween though and made an excellent pirate. I am glad the dress finally has made it to a Disney ship for a pirate party!

Old 04-24-2013, 09:39 AM   #1103
udflyer00
Mouseketeer

Glad to hear you had a good trip to Williamsburg. We have 4 kids under 11 so maybe we'll wait a bit to check it out. I know what you mean, when there are descriptive signs the littles ones aren't interested since they can't read anyways.... So you do always feel rushed.. At least you got to experience the sights and atmosphere! :D

Your pirate picturs look great. Geoff's costume is pretty cool, I bet he got a lot of compliments!
udflyer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:50 AM   #1104
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by udflyer00 View Post
Glad to hear you had a good trip to Williamsburg. We have 4 kids under 11 so maybe we'll wait a bit to check it out. I know what you mean, when there are descriptive signs the littles ones aren't interested since they can't read anyways.... So you do always feel rushed.. At least you got to experience the sights and atmosphere! :D

Your pirate picturs look great. Geoff's costume is pretty cool, I bet he got a lot of compliments!
I would wait, yes. Now she had a good time, but not all of it was super fun for her. But she did enjoy the time away from home and learning new things. She was interested in the tours we took. I wil lwait before we go back if we do, so she can enjoy more things there though.

Geoff really outdid himself.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:32 PM   #1105
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
A side note..... See Abby's cute pirate outfit? It matches her parents ...but was not bought with theirs. They actually bought theres several years ago for a halloween party. Abby's dress is from Claire. I had bought this about 5 years ago anticipating my 40th b-day. I wanted to sail on the Wonder that year and bought the dress for pirate night for Claire. Well Skip chickened out and we never did sail the wonder and ended up going to WDW that year. And it was still a fabulous trip. Claire wore the dress for Halloween though and made an excellent pirate. I am glad the dress finally has made it to a Disney ship for a pirate party!

This picture of Claire is freaking adorable!
Old 04-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #1107
MEK
DIS Veteran

Claire makes the cutest pirate and Geoff did a great job with his costume!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:26 PM   #1108
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I love all the pirate photos. I like Animator's Palate on the Dream much better than on the classic ships, but I was glad to see that the one thing I do like (the giant fibre optics paint brushes) are still there.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:53 PM   #1109
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Claire makes the cutest pirate and Geoff did a great job with his costume!
Aww...thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I love all the pirate photos. I like Animator's Palate on the Dream much better than on the classic ships, but I was glad to see that the one thing I do like (the giant fibre optics paint brushes) are still there.

Corinna
It is pretty in there and it was nice for pirate night too.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #1110
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We left the dining room and some of us split up. I believe Geoff and Aunt Mary went off to their room and I think Gail went off to find Rob and Abby.

Some pictures Geoff took of their rooms.

Most of the rest of us headed to the pirate show that is shown between dining times. We were running a bit late, but not too bad.

We could not see the stage from where we were, so we watched it on the screen.

A couple of pirates getting their groove on.

We had learned the ways of being a pirate. Soon Captain Hook’s men starting invading our ship.

But we know the ways of the pirates and we were going to win the challenge he had set forth.

We won our ship back and had such a fun time doing so.

Claire and I needed a few pirate pictures together.

We then headed back to Geoff and Aunt Mary’s room to find the rest of them.

Geoff was still dressed, which was good, as we wanted to go get some pictures taken all together.

Abby was obsessed with the parrot.

Rob had changed to shorts and tee and Gail made him get dressed back up again.

A look at the bunk beds in their room.

We all then headed off to the atrium for pictures.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: