Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #16
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Hi Pas!

Quick vaca but it sounds like you guys packed it in and had a blast!! Did you ride Forbidden Journey??

We did BFF!!! Although I see Maddie and Kate are tall enough it may be a bit too much for them. Soon I am sure. We also did Dr. Doom. This was a dare for DH and I, neither of us thought the other would go on....Needless to say Brian said he's never heard me scream so loud Yep, tried it...never again

They have lots of projects going on. Saw the Transformers building on our walk, also busy by Simpsons and the old Jaws area. And over by HP as well.

BTW our 1st ride was Despicable Me

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:00 AM   #17
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey Sue, Pas will find her way for a meet with us!!

Absolutely!!!!!! I missed Lulu'smom this trip..however if I had an extra day..that wouldn't have happened

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2013, 02:43 PM   #18
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

I'm just sure I need to book a Universal stay for fall 2014!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 04:48 PM   #19
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Told you I would have questions! So here they go...

1. Does US offer deals as frequently as WDW?

UO has general public discount codes when you stay 3 or more nights onsite.
AAA alllows for room discounts.
AP allows discounts
pin code sent out by random.
military rates for discounted rooms.

2. Are there rooms for a family of 5? How do the rooms compare to Disney?
all rooms allow for 5.
villa suites at pbh allow for more peeps.
check room sizes on the www.universalorlando.com site under the hotels.

3. Do we go for the CL or skip it?? I've heard that CL at US resorts are better than WDW resorts....any truth to this?

personal choice.
i have stayed club level and non club level at the hotels at UO.

some peeps in their darkside trip reports compare the two club levels.

4. I'm guessing that it's a huge plus to have those Express Passes??? And you have to stay onsite to get those, right?

guests at the 3 onsite hotels receive hotel perks.
two of them are the unlimited usage of the express lines in the parks.
also, early entry to the parks.
only those onsite are allowed the unlimited express lines.

some of the offsite partner hotel packages allow for early entry.

if you stay offsite, you can purchase the basic express pass which allows you to use the express lines once per ride/show.
or
you can purchase the unlimited express pass on the UO website.
(cheaper to stay onsite and get free perks though)

5. Does US offer a dining plan??

they have a meal deal and a beverage deal.
i don't think it is anything fantastic.

a few of the 6 places that participates in the meal deal, are very good.
if you are only going to be in the parks for a few days, you probably would rather not limit yourself to the restrictive restaurants.
you wouldn't be able to eat at more popular places if you did the meal deal.
you can read about it on the UO website in detail.

Thanks!
i answered above after your questions.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:39 AM   #20
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Four Rivers, it's nearby?? Do Tell!!! We LOVE our BBQ!! Thanks for reading!
The closest location to the tourist area is probably the Winter Garden location. You would need a car though.

Here's the website:

http://4rsmokehouse.com
Old 04-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #21
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma
dh and I passed the construction of the new resort mama..or at least I think we did

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven

Thanks for that post. Very helpful much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West
The closest location to the tourist area is probably the Winter Garden location. You would need a car though.

Here's the website:

We drive down usually, if not I rent a car..you just never know when you need to run out for something. Thanks for the link!

Old 04-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #22
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We did BFF!!! Although I see Maddie and Kate are tall enough it may be a bit too much for them. Soon I am sure. We also did Dr. Doom. This was a dare for DH and I, neither of us thought the other would go on....Needless to say Brian said he's never heard me scream so loud Yep, tried it...never again

They have lots of projects going on. Saw the Transformers building on our walk, also busy by Simpsons and the old Jaws area. And over by HP as well.

BTW our 1st ride was Despicable Me
Pas, maybe by summer FJ will be okay for them... is it motion issues? I can actually can handle the height issue with no problem... it's soarin' that makes me a little nervous... but FJ has the harness, much better.

Of course Despicable me was first!

Dr Doom?? YIKES!! Had you been drinking when you made that bet?? Wow, I know I probably would need something after that ride.....

So Universal has started on the expansion for HP?? yeah! I'm not up on Universal news at all... wonder what is going in for Jaws??

Quote:
Absolutely!!!!!! I missed Lulu'smom this trip..however if I had an extra day..that wouldn't have happened
Darn, I know how much you wanted to meet up with her... well, we will just have to convince Lulu'sMom to pay another visit to the mouse... perhaps mid to late August??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
you mean you haven't yet Linda??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post

Here's the website:

Thanks for the info! DH and I love our BBQ.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:54 PM   #23
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Welcome home Jeanette! Sounds like you guys had the perfect weekend!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:25 AM   #24
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Pas, maybe by summer FJ will be okay for them... is it motion issues? I can actually can handle the height issue with no problem... it's soarin' that makes me a little nervous... but FJ has the harness, much better. Kate already said she WANTS to go on FJ, which means Maddie will follow. I just figuredthe spiders and ghosts might freak them out ...guess not

Of course Despicable me was first!

Dr Doom?? YIKES!! Had you been drinking when you made that bet?? Wow, I know I probably would need something after that ride..... We may have had a drink DH really didn't think I would do it...and vice versa....I had a bit of a mini panic attack Kate and Brandon want to go on that too...I AM NOT GOING BACK ON

So Universal has started on the expansion for HP?? yeah! I'm not up on Universal news at all... wonder what is going in for Jaws??There's lots of construction going on, but it isn't interfering with anything IMO...it's hard to tell exactly what is going where

Darn, I know how much you wanted to meet up with her... well, we will just have to convince Lulu'sMom to pay another visit to the mouse... perhaps mid to late August?? We never made our way over to WDW....but WE WILL IN AUGUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
Welcome home Jeanette! Sounds like you guys had the perfect weekend!
We did It seems like forever ago...and it was last week

Old 04-20-2013, 07:22 AM   #25
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
Here are a couple of answers to your questions. Since I live in Orlando I don't stay onsite so others will have to give you their opinions on the resorts. That said...lots of posters who've stayed at both Universal and Disney say the Universal resorts are far superior to anything Disney can offer. Check out the Universal resorts boards for more information.
Good grief...you are close to US! MetroWest, huh? My husband is from Orlando - born & raised. He lived in that area for a short bit...then we got married and I hauled him up to South Georgia to my kneck of the woods Orlando has certainly changed since we were there...it's been 12 years.

Thanks a million for the info about Universal!! I'm really wanting to do a Fall Break trip in October. The kids have never been, and we haven't been since 1997 We'll definitely stay onsite. Guess what I'll be doing today ...checking out the US website!!!

Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Hi Heather . We didn't stay CL at HR, but the Fast Pass/Front of the Line, whatever they call it was great. We were able to ride our fave attractions 2 or 3 times. When we went last The Simpsons just opened, and we rode it 4 times.
I just got an offer for 40% off for 3 or more days, and don't think I didn't briefly entertain cancelling my 1 night Pop, and 2 day GF to do it. BUT Ashley would have killed me. She's not a huge Universal fan, so I just couldn't do it to her. And I'm also very excited about our GF stay.
Maybe next summer I'll sneak in a UA trip before WDW.
US over GF Are ya kiddin' me??!! I wish I could get one of those 40% off pins. Guess it's like Disney, though...all random. Stephen would have an awesome time, and now that Jesse and Faith are older, they will be able to ride most things. Universal in October and Disney in June! Let's just hope Bill goes for 2 theme park trips

Quote:
Hi Pas!

Hi heather! Always nice to "see" you!! Miss ya!
Hi there, Janet! Life is crazy, crazy - but in a good way!! Grad school definitely cuts into my Dis Time Only 2 more classes and it's all over!! The kids keep me running the roads, too. We're definitely needing a vacation soon!!!! The kids will be out of school in a month then things will slow down a bit..

Hope all is well with y'all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post

Thanks a million!! I'll be checkinig out these Universal websites today for sure! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a really great discount Then the hubby won't be able to say no

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I feel lost waaaaaaay over here - I can't see Bay Lake
You are lost....I'm assuming you found your way back

And where have you been hiding??? Oh...that's not you hiding....that would be me How was your trip???

Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:20 AM   #26
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

I'm Hijacking Jeanette's TR

Quote:
You are lost....I'm assuming you found your way back

And where have you been hiding??? Oh...that's not you hiding....that would be me How was your trip???

Heather

Ummm, last trip was August and March spring break was canceled due to impending government sequestration/furloughs causing problems for DH (DoD employee) taking vacation. And, the furloughs STILL have not come to fruition and are now not due to start until maybe June, but who knows and DH doesn't care anymore. He mentions our upcoming vacation daily and can't wait.

Next trip to WDW is July in less than 100 days - 11 days CR Atrium Club - and no, I have yet to change anything, well, I did add on one more day, but I don't think that counts since it's not a RC. Did consider a split - YC/CL was voted as split-worthy, for a few days, but then I read some recent Tripadvisor reviews that worried me about the general decline of the service and infrastructure there

School will be out so soon for you - but not soon enough, I'm sure. Do you have some summer travel plans? I bet there are some fishing/beach trips in your plans.

I've been a bit busier now that yard work is back on the KOOK schedule and I have to go read the RC thread to find our what is happening. I do peruse it often, but if you miss one post, you can easily get lost and not find out where Jeanette, etc... is staying. I think she has a surprise trip coming up for the girls - must go find out
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:18 AM   #27
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks a million for the info about Universal!! I'm really wanting to do a Fall Break trip in October. The kids have never been, and we haven't been since 1997 We'll definitely stay onsite. Guess what I'll be doing today ...checking out the US website!!!

Thanks again!

Heather
Any news Heather???? My kids LOVE US and are totally spoiled by the activities and express passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Next trip to WDW is July in less than 100 days - 11 days CR Atrium Club - and no, I have yet to change anything, well, I did add on one more day, but I don't think that counts since it's not a RC. Did consider a split - YC/CL was voted as split-worthy, for a few days, but then I read some recent Tripadvisor reviews that worried me about the general decline of the service and infrastructure there
I've been a bit busier now that yard work is back on the KOOK schedule and I have to go read the RC thread to find our what is happening. I do peruse it often, but if you miss one post, you can easily get lost and not find out where Jeanette, etc... is staying. I think she has a surprise trip coming up for the girls - must go find out
Hijack away sis I was just chatting about your KOOKtastic yardwork and how I admire all you do

My girls trip was cancelled as quickly as it was booked..but more money for August

As of today...Swan/HRH CL

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: