Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 08:45 AM   #1
dutchdisneyfamily
Mouseketeer

Ordering a kids meal and paying OOP?

We will be on the dining plan for our next trip. We have a couple of meals booked that we will be paying OOP for. My youngest is just barely 10 so he counts as an adult. However, at some of the places we are eating he'd be happier with things off the kids menu (Raglan Road, BOG, Yak and Yeti). Can I order him a kids' meal, but pay for it out of pocket while the rest of us use TS credits? My thinking is that will save those TS credits for a meal we were planning on paying OOP for, and he'll be happier with those options anyway. Is this possible? Thanks!
Old 04-21-2013, 08:48 AM   #2
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Yes. Make sure you tell the server when you order that the child's meal won't be paid for with dining credits.
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2013, 09:10 AM   #3
dutchdisneyfamily
Mouseketeer

Thank you! Sorry I posted it in the wrong place to start with.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:45 PM   #4
thornton0511
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Yes. Make sure you tell the server when you order that the child's meal won't be paid for with dining credits.
So would this be the case with all TS restaurants? I noticed OP included Yak and Yeti in the post and it's not Disney owned and that some of these restaurants have strict rules when it comes to the DDP (especially with sharing).
thornton0511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:47 PM   #5
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Haven't heard that you can't do it at Yak & Yeti. None of the dining plan restaurants have a rule that everyone at the table must use the dining plan to pay. Sharing is not the same thing as paying OOP for one or more meals.

It doesn't make much sense to do this at buffets, family style or fixed price restaurants because the 10 year old will pay the adult price at those anyway.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:51 PM   #6
thornton0511
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Haven't heard that you can't do it at Yak & Yeti. None of the dining plan restaurants have a rule that everyone at the table must use the dining plan to pay. Sharing is not the same thing as paying OOP for one or more meals.

It doesn't make much sense to do this at buffets, family style or fixed price restaurants because the 10 year old will pay the adult price at those anyway.
Sounds great to me
Old 04-23-2013, 09:49 PM   #7
katilac
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornton0511 View Post
So would this be the case with all TS restaurants? I noticed OP included Yak and Yeti in the post and it's not Disney owned and that some of these restaurants have strict rules when it comes to the DDP (especially with sharing).
Yak & Yeti's has always been super accommodating in my experience. We always share meals there (on and off the dining plan), and they are very gracious about it, happy to bring us extra plates, etc. Of course a buffet would not allow this!

None of the restaurants will care if you pay OOP for some meals and use credits for others, and I'm pretty sure that 10 fits the criteria for ordering a kid's meal pretty much anywhere, even if they decided to be picky about that aspect.
katilac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:56 AM   #8
thornton0511
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katilac View Post
Yak & Yeti's has always been super accommodating in my experience. We always share meals there (on and off the dining plan), and they are very gracious about it, happy to bring us extra plates, etc. Of course a buffet would not allow this!

None of the restaurants will care if you pay OOP for some meals and use credits for others, and I'm pretty sure that 10 fits the criteria for ordering a kid's meal pretty much anywhere, even if they decided to be picky about that aspect.
That is surprising, but in a good way, to hear about Yak and Yeti. Since they are Landry owned I would have thought that they would be difficult like I have heard that Trex and Rainforest are when it comes to the DDP. Especially with sharing meals...YAY!!! My DS will be 12 this trip so I wonder if it will be a problem for him to order of the kids menu and us pay OOP for his meals (not buffet of course). he eats like a bird and tends to like kid type food....also hates icecream

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: