Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 01:00 PM   #31
Irishman
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
sorry there are 3 (4 if you count the hotel not timeshare at Wyndham

there is a Hilton, Waldorf Astoria and Wyndham.

they all charge now for buses
1 wydham Bonnett on disney property....5 resorts though out the area.Just jumped off the website.Your right.Fee for bus ride.( must be new.I was there last july.it was free)....I stayed last Feb of site at one of the hotels Wyndam.I took the bus to epcot for free...MAN...ohh well.I guess Mickey doesn't like non-disney people ( resorts)...Still though We had a blast.Food was fanastic.and after a day at the Parks.We could sit by the pool in the evening and have a adult drink...
Irishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:07 PM   #32
AuroraRora
Princess

I stayed at ASMusic because I was only there to sleep and shower, and I'm booked for Pop for my May trip. I'm starting to reconsider that though, because the May trip will be longer and I'd like an afternoon or two to relax by the pool and have a more chill time. The pool at ASM was a madhouse with all the cheer groups etc (something else I'd hope to avoid by going Mod). I'm trying to decide between upgrading to a Mod, or taking that money and just paying for an afternoon or two at Typhoon Lagoon or something.

I really wish there was some way to buy some kind of day pool pass for the deluxe resorts or something. I'm too much of a moral scaredy-cat to pool hop lol
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 02:56 PM   #33
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

I'm a big fan of the moderate resorts so I go for POR. it's very pretty, not a lot of kids and it's quiet. Last year I stayed in one of the Princess Rooms and it was awesome. I had fireworks in my room every night and the movies at night were right outside of my room.

NJDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:59 PM   #34
katt789
DIS Veteran

I stayed at the Poly for my first solo trip and it was amazing! I usually do solo trips shorter, so it wasn't too pricey and there was a room discount! I loved being able to walk to the TTC to jump on the boat/monorail/bus to get to the parks, nice and easy, and there weren't kids everywhere.

I did a couple of days at Coronado in November and really didn't like it, the resort is so huge and I was so far away from everything that I didn't feel safe, especially coming home at night.

I also did All Star Sports which was nice, but the Poly was definitely my fave!!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:04 AM   #35
aVASTGrl
DIS Veteran

I stayed at the Yacht Club for my solo trip, and it was amazing!! I've always wanted to stay there, so I decided to treat myself for my bday. It was a much more adult experience than the BC next door that seemed to be swarming with kids, lol. I loved being able to walk to Epcot; that was especially nice since it was F&W. My only regret was I didn't get to experience Stormalong Bay as it was unseasonably cold the week I was there

[*]~Spring 2014 - WL"Flowers And Gardens And Bees" Solo Trip[*]~Summer 2013 - AKL "Family Reunion Recovery" Trip[*]~Halloween 2012 - YC Solo Extravaganza!![*]~Christmas 2011 - POFQ "Is That What Snow Looks Like?" Celebration[*]~Summer 2010 - Off-site[*]~Summer 2009 - CSR "Stop That Bus" Fun[*]~Summer 2008 - Off-site "Never Eating Salmon Again" Disaster[*]~Graduation 2007 - AKL "My Ankle Just Separated!!" Special Sister Vacay[*]~Late Summer 1998 - POFQ "Runaway Cart" Episode[*]~Early Summer 1998 - Disneyland Paris nee Eurodisney "Whinnie Le Pooh" Ooh La La[*]~March 1998 - Off-site Singing Competition "The Band Kids Stole Our Bus!!" Trip[*]~1985 - My One And Only Disneyland Trip That I Don't Remember[*]~1983-1996 - Every Other Summer WDW Pilgrimage aka the beginnings of my Disney Obsession Thank You Mom & Dad

aVASTGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #36
winterman
DIS Veteran

In the last 16 years DH and I stayed at 8 different Disney resorts, including twice at POFQ, 4 times at POP. We liked POP and thought it was a good deal for the price. Since DH died 15 months ago, I have made one solo trip. I considered POP and certainly would not rule it out in the future. But, I stayed at POR, for the first time. I chose POR mainly because of the boat to DTD and the food court (where DH and I had eaten twice). I had looked at POFQ first but with the room only discount in Dec., POR was cheaper than POFQ.

I'm going back in July. My DD, DSiL and DGS will be there at the same time, staying at POP but I will be on my own most of the time. I originally booked at POFQ with a AAA rate. When the Summer discount came out, it was very small at FQ, But I was able to switch to a preferred room at POR for only $2.50 more. This time another factor that pushed me to POR is the quiet pools, where I hope to spend considerable time. I would not stay at POR unless I could stay close to the food court. In Dec. I had booked standard but got upgraded to preferred.

1976, 8/1990 offsite (DS and DD's first trip), 11/1995 Disney's Village Resort, 9/1997 CSR (first trip just the two of us), 9/2000 POFQ, 9/2002 offsite, 5/2004 offsite with adult kids, 9/2005 Pop, 9/2006 Pop, 5/2008 offsite, 9/2009 ASMu/POFQ, 4/2010 Pop, 10/2011 Pop (last trip for DH), 12/2012 POR (first solo trip), 7/2013 POR (with DD, DSIL, and DGS!), 11/2013 POFQ (with DS!),11/2014 POFQ (with DS!), 4/2015 ASMo (with DD, DSIL, DGS), 11/2015 POFQ

winterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:55 PM   #37
richmar
Earning My Ears

Question

Has anyone stayed at the Fort Wilderness camp grounds solo? Would seem to be the most inexpensive way to stay on the property.
richmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #38
GinnerD
Mouseketeer

I am planning my first solo trip for this Dec. I want to do 3 days at either BW or BC (but now YC keeps popping up, and as I am not a big pool person, this might be a better option). I will then switch to WL club level.

I did a semi-solo trip last summer (par time just me and part time with family) and stayed at WL, my favorite deluxe, but it was also for the convenience to the MK.

There is also something about POFQ that keeps drawing me in.. This could also be a possibility for the entire trip.

My plans are not finalized yet.. so we will see.

GinnerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:42 PM   #39
glammadiva
DIS Veteran

Im doing 6 days at AKL. Was going to book POP, but plan to go back to the hotel in the afternoon to avoid the worst of the heat. Lots to do at AKL and its so different from the other resorts, I find it such a good place to get a break from the Parks. Can't wait!!
glammadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:25 PM   #40
castleri
DIS Veteran

Just got back from solo trip to WDW and stayed at SSR. Asked to be near pool and was in building next to grandstand pool. Love the balconies at DVC resorts for just relaxing. Loved the boat to DTD and the eating options available there.
Bus transportation was very good. Also like AKV if planning to spend a lot of time at the resort as watching the animals can be a great way to spend some time. Don't think there is a "right" answer. It really depends on what you value in a room and how much time you plan to spend there or around the resort your choose.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #41
sue Z
Heading to the World soon!!!

I stay at POP don't need anything fancy for a room that im only sleeping in hardly use the pool I like hanging out in the parks
I just love the resort and price is good I thought of changing this yr but went right back to POP if I was to upgrade to another hotel other then value I would have to reduce my days I want to stay a week so I love the values!!
Old 04-27-2013, 11:18 AM   #42
LisaBi
DIS Veteran

I'm trying to figure this out too! We always stay at ASMo because DS insists on staying at the "Toy Story hotel." The last (and so far only) time I went solo I stayed at CSR, figuring I wanted to try something different. But then I kind of found myself wishing I hadn't spent the extra dollars, because I wasn't there enough to take advantage of all the extras, and didn't need the extra space in the room. Next solo is planned for Sept 2014. Part of me wants to do POFQ because because I've always wanted to try that, but the other part of me wants to just save the dollars and go value. I would love to try AoA, but certainly wouldn't want a suite, and don't thin I'd be happy so far away in LM.
LisaBi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:10 PM   #43
BlueStarryHat

Just picture everyone sitting at the computer in their underwear

ASMo. I spent more time in the parks than anywhere else, and I liked the convenience of the food court because I was eating alone and just wanted to finish and get out to the parks. Value is the way to go if you're only using the room to sleep and shower, as I was.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #44
dreamscometrue101
Mouseketeer

I'm staying at POR for my first solo trip. I have done POR, POFQ and POP on my past family trips and wanted to stay somewhere I knew and was comfortable with.

I would likely have stayed at POP to save money but got a great bounceback offer that made POR affordable.

dreamscometrue101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #45
Golden_Eagle426
We gaze continually at the world and it grows dull in our perceptions. Yet seen from the another's vantage point, as if new, it may still take our breath away" - Watchmen

I've stayed at Pop Century and All Star sports (because they are cheaper, and I didnt plan on spending much time in the room). It was definitely well worth it and I enjoyed the resorts a lot more than I thought I would!
Cast member -Fall Advantage College Program/Spring 2012 College program (Chatham)
October 2013 - Solo Trip/MNSSHP/Food and Wine
Golden_Eagle426 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: