Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 05:31 PM   #1066
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer

Getting in the character lines with my babies. I LOVE the level of interaction on the ships compared to the parks.

It is those magical memories that I savor the most.
lianne_0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:39 PM   #1067
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianne_0325 View Post
Getting in the character lines with my babies. I LOVE the level of interaction on the ships compared to the parks.

It is those magical memories that I savor the most.
I so love this as well. So just a fair warning... Robin and I are seeing who can get more photos as we are buying the CD.....so U guys can feel free to avoid the character meets

ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 05:42 PM   #1068
cncDisney4
DIS Veteran

Okay, I have to say that we are REALLY looking forward to Palo's again ... and I know I will be planting myself outside on a Deck 4 chair chillin' & reading my Nook more than on our last cruise!

Last edited by cncDisney4; 04-22-2013 at 10:54 PM.
cncDisney4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:10 PM   #1069
LKShep
I'd rather be crusing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
What is your favorite thing to do onboard the Disney Cruise Ships and if you haven't sailed...what are u most looking forward to?? Also any questions from first timers to past cruisers as well!!!
I love evenings the most. Dinner, show, adult cabaret, live music. The food, my servers, laughing at the performers, laughing at other passengers, the incredible sets and costumes, the stories that remind me of the importance of seeing life in this world through a child's eyes (or what's left of the child in me), and more.

We have considered other vacations recently and we could travel to exotic locations, stay in nice hotels, and eat good food, but almost nowhere else would we get the quality and variety of entertainment that DCL serves up every night. So for the foreseeable future, we will remain addicted to cruising with Disney.
Jan 2006 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas -- Dec 2007 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas -- Dec 2008 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean -- Sep 2009 7 Night Disney Magic Western Caribbean -- Oct 2011 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean -- Oct 2012 14 Night Disney Wonder Hawaii -- Dec 2013 7 Night Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
LKShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:25 AM   #1070
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKShep

We have considered other vacations recently and we could travel to exotic locations, stay in nice hotels, and eat good food, but almost nowhere else would we get the quality and variety of entertainment that DCL serves up every night. So for the foreseeable future, we will remain addicted to cruising with Disney.
Where is the like button? Like,like,like,like

Old 04-23-2013, 05:51 AM   #1071
scrapbookingtigger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Just to keep the excitement going, I thought a question of the week would be fun and help us all get to know each other. please participate...the more we chat, the more we get to know each other and the more fun it makes seeing each other on the cruise!!!

What is your favorite thing to do onboard the Disney Cruise Ships and if you haven't sailed...what are u most looking forward to?? Also any questions from first timers to past cruisers as well!!!
We are first time cruisers...we all think the aqua duck looks awesome! I can't wait to see the island of St Martin...2 countries on one island! And I am hoping to do the boat ride with the sea turtle snorkeling. I love sea turtles!! What are the Mickey ears on the boat you are referring to?

scrapbookingtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:42 AM   #1072
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

What I love most is that of the eight people we traveled with last time, there would probably be eight different answers to that question!!!

The fun of it is that everyone has a good time and there is NO PLANNING to any of it -- once you get on board!! I remember one day on the last cruise where two people were playing golf, one was napping, one was swimming and watching tunnelvision, one was raiding the peel & eat shrimp, one was raiding the ice cream stand, one was riding the aqua duck, and I was siting there on deck 11 enjoying the warmth and the fact that everybody was HAPPY!!!!
Not to mention DISCONNECTING from phones, internet, TV........
Old 04-23-2013, 01:16 PM   #1073
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookingtigger View Post
We are first time cruisers...we all think the aqua duck looks awesome! I can't wait to see the island of St Martin...2 countries on one island! And I am hoping to do the boat ride with the sea turtle snorkeling. I love sea turtles!! What are the Mickey ears on the boat you are referring to?
When heading to board....there are Mickey ears you walk through to get to the boat!! Awesome site!

Old 04-23-2013, 05:43 PM   #1074
jmefox
Earning My Ears

Fav thing to do

Eat!! I am soo excited for the food and to be able to sit down and order whatever I want off the menu, dessert every night! Amazing service
I also like getting dressed up for dinner. I am also excited to get planning on outfits you will prob see our kids in custom matching outfits everyday and night b/c well I am crazy! I just pulled out the tux I made for my 3 month old last time and oh man is it cute I have a really good idea of what I want their formal night to look like this time
jmefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #1075
Lissame
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsketomom View Post
The fun of it is that everyone has a good time and there is NO PLANNING to any of it -- once you get on board!! I remember one day on the last cruise where two people were playing golf, one was napping, one was swimming and watching tunnelvision, one was raiding the peel & eat shrimp, one was raiding the ice cream stand, one was riding the aqua duck, and I was siting there on deck 11 enjoying the warmth and the fact that everybody was HAPPY!!!!
Not to mention DISCONNECTING from phones, internet, TV........
I love this answer! That is one of my favorite things too, just enjoying wandering and not having anything specific to do (and drive to!) every second.
Lissame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #1076
Lissame
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmefox View Post
Eat!! I am soo excited for the food and to be able to sit down and order whatever I want off the menu, dessert every night! Amazing service
This was going to be my exact answer. I love, love, love the dining! I love going to the restaurants with my family and being able to order whatever and however much we want without worrying about the cost and if someone doesn't like it. I love that my kids can go get themselves chicken strips or a wrap and I don't have to calculate how much it costs and dole out money every few minutes.
Lissame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:56 PM   #1077
Magic25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmefox View Post
I also like getting dressed up for dinner. I am also excited to get planning on outfits you will prob see our kids in custom matching outfits everyday and night b/c well I am crazy! I just pulled out the tux I made for my 3 month old last time and oh man is it cute I have a really good idea of what I want their formal night to look like this time
SHUTUP! I LOVE the 3-month old in a tux!! I cannot wait to see what you come up with for formal night! That is just too cute!

I share your craze and I pack color-coordinated clothes for the family each day. My husband is laid-back and our 2 boys (10 and 8) don't care. So the fun of dressing for dinner is kinda irrelevant. (They don't care for Downton Abbey either - go figure!)

We just came off our 1st trip on the Wonder. It was our first time for Palo's Brunch and we cannot wait to book again. We also had Palo's dinner. The food was amazing, as was the service.

For any newbies out there, I highly recommend you allow 2 days between Palo's reservations. And wear all your skinny stuff before those dining experiences.

Anyone have comments on Remy's? Is it a must-do?

Also, does anyone recommend getting the wine package? Can the pre-purchase wine package be utilized at Palo's or Remy's also?
Magic25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:28 PM   #1078
scrapbookingtigger
Mouseketeer

We bought our plane tickets!!

Okay I just have to share with you all that I purchased our plane tickets tonight! Got an awesome deal too. Delta was on sale tonight and the price went down from $340 which it has been holding at for 2 weeks to $180 round trip!! Yahoo!!!

scrapbookingtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:30 AM   #1079
jmefox
Earning My Ears

[IMG] JFP_0089 by jmefox, on Flickr[/IMG]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic25 View Post
Also, does anyone recommend getting the wine package? Can the pre-purchase wine package be utilized at Palo's or Remy's also?
we always do a wine package and you can use it anywhere, but we can always drink a whole bottle and have a mostly agreeable crowd so its not hard to pick one bottle for dinner

Last edited by jmefox; 04-24-2013 at 10:50 AM. Reason: photo add
jmefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:30 PM   #1080
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookingtigger
Okay I just have to share with you all that I purchased our plane tickets tonight! Got an awesome deal too. Delta was on sale tonight and the price went down from $340 which it has been holding at for 2 weeks to $180 round trip!! Yahoo!!!
Where are you flying from?? I want that cheap

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: