Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 12:38 PM   #1081
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvslikepi View Post
I have never been a fan of Photobucket. I started using Google+'s album feature and love it so far. You can dump both photos and video into it and so far no problems with bandwidth. Hope things turn around for your account.
Well I just went and paid for the cheapest plus version. I hated doing it, but I have a ton of pictures from this TR as well as all others on it. I am now using flickr to post my new ones, but I had many already uploaded to photobucket for this trip. I couldn't see myself recopying them all over to flickr at this point. But it really irks me.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #1082
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

It was now time for Pirate night!!!!

I was running a bit late. Turning myself into a pirate took a bit longer than I had planned. Well actually I didnt get myself started early enough and played around. And my hair was not drying fast from the shower, so I gave up. It was going in a ponytail anyways and then a hat .....Oh you know how good that looked by the end of the night!

I was excited to see who dressed up tonight or how much they did. I knew Gail's family would be dressing up and that Katie had brought along a few things like eye patches and bandanas. Some were resisting though. Aunt Mary and Geoff said there was no way they would dress up. We kind of started giving Geoff a hard time about it in the months prior to the cruise. Just joking of course, but Katie would tell him he had no worries as she had stuff for him, etc. All in good fun.

So Claire and I rushed down to Animators Palate for dinner. We werent the last to arrive, so all was good.

It was nice to see that most of us did have at least a little touch of the pirate look to us. Dad went wild with the bandana around his neck.

Geoff and Mary still had not arrived, but it wasn't unusual for someone in our family to be late. We dug into the bread while we looked the menus over.

Rob giving me his pirate look.

Aunt Mary finally arrived and let us know the Geoff had had too much sun on the island today and just was not feeling well. Oh man. I felt bad, because he seemed to have such a good time today too and I really didnt want him to feel sick. She did say that he may try to make it by dessert after a little rest. Ok, well nothing we can do about it, but I was hoping this would be cured with a little rest and wouldn't spoil the rest of the trip for him.

We made our orders and chatted with each other. All of a sudden we noticed some commotion at the end of our table. I noticed Aunt Mary had her iPad out and was taking pictures with it. That was unusual, because she doesnt take many pictures, and usually Geoff does with his camera. I guess since he was ill, she was taking some. But what really stunned me was that she was taking pictures of a pirate at the end of our table. I glanced at him and I wasnt sure if he was a Cast Member or just some guy dressed up really well and talking to people. It still seemed odd that Aunt Mary would take his picture. And then I heard the whispers .....I think thats Geoff. What? Geoff is sick!

Nope, Geoff was dressing up as a pirate and made a Grand Entrance!

See, even in this picture, Claire hasn't realized its Geoff.

We were in total shock. I couldn't believe he dressed up and not only dressed up, but went all out!

Abby wanted to know who the heck that creepy pirate was.

It took her a while to realize it was Geoff and warm up to him.

I just have to add that Aunt Mary and Geoff (I never call him Uncle Geoff, but all of our kids do, because they didnt even get married till 1987, and I was out of high school at that point and had known him for 10 years already), are the best Aunt and Uncle EVER! They do so much for our kids, over and above what needs to be done by any Aunt and Uncle. They dont have kids, nor did they want any of their own, but they treat our kids as if they are their own.
And Geoff is just like a playmate. He does so many fun things with the kids that I think they forget sometimes that he is an adult. LOL

We then heard the story about how Alexis kept going in Aunt Mary and Geoffs room before dinner. They had the divider curtain up and Geoff was getting ready on the other side. Alexis wanted to see him, but Aunt Mary told her he was sick. Well that didn't matter, she still wanted to see him, so Aunt Mary told her he was in his undies. You know that will make a kid run away fast. Nope, it wasn't working. She still wanted to check on him. So Geoff popped his head out and told her he felt awful. Gail said Alexis came back to the room telling her that Geoff was really sick and even had dark circles under his eyes. LOL Well he had started putting his pirate makeup on and that's what she saw.
Geoff had gotten a late start at dressing, so that was why he was late for dinner.

So after the shock, appetizers were being served and we all dug in.
I had the Pirates Golden "Pot Stickers" ~Oriental Pork "Dumplings" deep fried and served with a Tamarind-Ginger soy sauce and Pickled Vegetables.

And I believe this was Claires soup, but not sure what it was.

I don't know who had this, but I took a picture.

They had specialty cups this evening and we got one for each of the girls.

Dad had The Buccaneers Sun Ripened Pineapple~ Fresh Island Pineapple with a Coconut covered Banana and Orange Glaze. This was pretty wild for him, but I think he enjoyed the pineapple.

Last edited by jenseib; 04-23-2013 at 01:18 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #1083
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Oh I love the surprised that Aunt Mary and Geoff pulled on you guys! He really did go all out!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #1084
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

That's one awesome surprise that Mary and Geoff pulled off! I loved to read about things unfolding and the story of Alexis being "fooled".

It's so nice to see that your family is so close knit. It must be really wonderful for all the kids growing up together and all the fun for the adults too.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:46 PM   #1085
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Oh I love the surprised that Aunt Mary and Geoff pulled on you guys! He really did go all out!
It was an awesome surprise. We loved it. he did go all out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
That's one awesome surprise that Mary and Geoff pulled off! I loved to read about things unfolding and the story of Alexis being "fooled".

It's so nice to see that your family is so close knit. It must be really wonderful for all the kids growing up together and all the fun for the adults too.
We were so surprised. We do have a pretty good family. Not as close as some, but closer than many others. Paige made fun of me yesterday because I still vacation with my Mom and Dad. LOL! If you see my new ticker, you will see another trip planned for next year ....with my parents once again.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:55 PM   #1086
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Offsite WDW trip in 333 days? Do you know where you are staying yet for that one?
Old 04-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #1087
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

That was a great pirate costume and what a cool surprise! So cute about the Alexis story.

Jill in CO
Old 04-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #1088
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Offsite WDW trip in 333 days? Do you know where you are staying yet for that one?
Yes, in my parents timeshare. Marriott Grande Vista. not my first choice, but hey, free hotel!
Old 04-23-2013, 04:01 PM   #1089
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

That is so cool that he did that
Old 04-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #1090
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
That was a great pirate costume and what a cool surprise! So cute about the Alexis story.

Jill in CO
alexis is hard to fool too so I am glad he pulled it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
That is so cool that he did that
It was. The kids loved it. And they really loved his telescope and parrot too.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #1091
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

WDW in 333 days ....... awesome! Another trip report!

Why not travelling with your parents. I just LOVED travelling with my mom.
How long are you going to stay?
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....

Old 04-23-2013, 04:15 PM   #1092
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
WDW in 333 days ....... awesome! Another trip report!

Why not travelling with your parents. I just LOVED travelling with my mom.
How long are you going to stay?
I don't mind it so much. Especially when we can go off on our own as we please. Claire and I will rent our own car. We will be thre from March 22-29th. Claire is on Spring break that week. Of course I have already thought about how to extend it.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:20 PM   #1093
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Of course I have already thought about how to extend it.
Jen, you are a girl after my own heart!

Old 04-23-2013, 04:44 PM   #1095
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvslikepi View Post
I have never been a fan of Photobucket. I started using Google+'s album feature and love it so far. You can dump both photos and video into it and so far no problems with bandwidth. Hope things turn around for your account.
I have a Gmail acct and google+, but I didn't think about using G+ for my pictures! Interesting!

Quote:
Yes, in my parents timeshare. Marriott Grande Vista. not my first choice, but hey, free hotel!
Quote:
I don't mind it so much. Especially when we can go off on our own as we please. Claire and I will rent our own car. We will be thre from March 22-29th. Claire is on Spring break that week. Of course I have already thought about how to extend it.
Awe! I wish you were going earlier! We are thinking about next spring break, but our spring break is March 10-14!

Spring Break, March 2015 PTR

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: