Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 10:30 AM   #1
njmomboys2
Mouseketeer

Boardwalk resort..some questions/grocery delivery?

Hi there..will be at Boardwalk from 7/14 to 7/19....some quick questions:

1) Standard room reserved...any special room requests...we are a family of 4...ds are 18 & 13 (celebrating son's high school graduation)
2) Are fridges in room..either there or by request? Size?
3) Grocery delivery...we are on the meal plan..however we tend to do quick breakfast of cereal/juice..and thought it might be better to get cereal, milk and juice (plus cases of water delivered to resort). any suggestions on who to use?
4) what are some quick breakfast places at that resort? Can we use snack for those?
Old 04-23-2013, 12:36 PM   #2
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

You can buy cereal, milk and juice at the Screen Door store at the resort. You may find that the cost of a grocery delivery is really high if that's all you're getting, plus water. We have used the water in the room and filled water bottles and put them in the fridge and they were okay, not the same as the yucky stinkwater from the fountains. But other times, the room water was not so great.

There's plenty of stuff in the store to buy for your room.

There are no QS places in the resort. The Bellevue Lounge has continental breakfast. The Boardwalk Bakery usually has an egg and cheese croissant sandwich and coffee. That's it.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #3
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmomboys2 View Post
Hi there..will be at Boardwalk from 7/14 to 7/19....some quick questions:

1) Standard room reserved...any special room requests...we are a family of 4...ds are 18 & 13 (celebrating son's high school graduation)
2) Are fridges in room..either there or by request? Size?
3) Grocery delivery...we are on the meal plan..however we tend to do quick breakfast of cereal/juice..and thought it might be better to get cereal, milk and juice (plus cases of water delivered to resort). any suggestions on who to use?
4) what are some quick breakfast places at that resort? Can we use snack for those?
Are you in the BWVillas or the BWInn? And if you did book the villas, what size villa did you book?

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:57 PM   #4
mmmears
DIS Veteran

There are mini-fridges in all the rooms.

For water/cereal/milk -- you can buy it at Disney prices at the store at BWV. We spend enough to get the free delivery from Garden Grocer and have used them many times and they were great. I ordered a couple of cases of water, some sunscreen, and some snack items. I think a whole case of water was less than the price of 3 bottles in the park.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:58 PM   #5
njmomboys2
Mouseketeer

We are staying the Boardwalk Inn..not villa.

Does the store sell a case of water??
Old 04-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #6
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:

No. Only individual bottles. Your refrigerator in the BWInn will be the cube sized refrigerator without a freezer section.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:52 PM   #7
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:

No. And each bottle is about $2.50.
We have used wegoshop.com 7 times and I highly recommend them. I believe we save the delievery fee with just the case of water. They charge exactly what the grocery store charges and give you the original receipt. You pay the delivery fee and a tip for the shopper.
We sound like we buy like you desire, - quick breakfast items and snacks.
We order juice, coffee (in the Villas we need to supply our own - you won't) water, soda, beer, wine, fruit, breakfast things, cheese and crackers, and snacks.
It is nice to sit on the balconey with a glass of wine and some cheese and crackers on a break after a day in the park and before we head back out to dinner and the evening events.
The refrigerators are the small dorm size, but they work
Have Fun.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:04 PM   #8
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

There is a gas station across the street from BW, they may have multi packs of water and some other food items.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:08 PM   #9
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

DD and I are staying at BWI in August to celebrate her HS graduation, too! DH and I were at BWI last month and had a great time. I requested a high floor and was assigned room 5302 on the 5th floor. It was perfect. We could watch Illuminations from our balcony at night -- although it was really cold when we were there.

I ordered from Garden Grocer as I do for most of our trips. I ordered yogurt, cheese, crackers, chips, hard cider, wine coolers, Coke Zero, etc. They delivered to BWI about 30 minutes before we got there. They called while we were on the ME bus to say the delivery had been made. They also called an hour or so after we'd arrived (we were at Epcot by then) to make sure we got everything and were satisfied. We had and we were!

The Boardwalk Bakery was closed when we were there last month, but it is supposed to open on Friday. Yea! I don't do the dining plans anymore, but I would think you'll be able to get breakfast items and also some sandwiches with CS credits. That was the way it was before, so it should only be better after the refurb. Another thing we do is pick up pastries or sandwiches at the bakery in France on our way back to BWI at night for breakfast the next day -- if they made it past nighttime munchies.

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: