Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 11:39 AM   #16
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilverTherapist View Post
...If you haven't already made building requests, I'd go for 23-26 near the Pennisular Rd. bus stop. It's usually the first stop the buses make and those buildings can also get right to the pool through the back of the Hospitality House area.

Hope you love it as much as I have.
Those buildings are not requests. They are booking category for points stays called Hospitality House Area (with Bldg 11, 12, 13 and 14). If the OP booked on cash, they will not get those villas. If they booked with points, that had to be the location booked. If they booked with RCI, they won't get that area either. And if they did book with RCI, they need to make sure the office co-worker paid for a guest certificate so the reservation isn't cancelled by RCI.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:50 PM   #17
WILDERNESS FAN 55
CANNOT GET ENOUGH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfan454 View Post
We just booked a week there for the first time as well. From everything I have seen, it looks amazing. The site allears.net just did an in depth blog with pics of OKW and he did a really good job. You should check that out. I believe it is on the front page of the site. If I can find it, I will get the link for you. Made me even happier about my decision.

Ok, found the link and edited this post. Worth reading for sure.
http://land.allears.net/blogs/jacksp...art_one_1.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemousegirl View Post
Hello all,
My family and I have just booked our week long stay at the Old Key West resort. There will be four of us, myself, my husband, my daughter(17), and her friend(16), staying in a two bedroom villa. We are VERY excited about our trip, but just wanted to hear an outside opinion on the resort. We are using my husband's co-workers timeshare and know very little on Old Key West. We've stayed on other Disney properties before, just not one of this kind. Any suggestions or things you have learned?
Just got back from our first stay there. We had 3rd floor in bldg 26 (HH area)and would highly recommend it for anyone. It's bus location is ideal and very short walk to pool-shop-Olivias etc. We had 6 in a 2br and it was plenty comfy.Have fun on your trips.

Off site 72-76-76-77-78(MM 50th b-day) 79-81-82-85-86 FW-84-86-88-90-90-91-92-95-96
Poly 87 GF 88 CR 90 CBR 91-06-10
Disney Inn 93 ASM 95-96-02 CS 98
POFQ 97 DIXIE Landing 00 POR 07-08 WL-11
DL-Honeymoon-77 03 OKW -13 BLT-13 BWV-13
Trips planned 2015 WDW 2016 Aulani 2017 WDW XMAS
WILDERNESS FAN 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #18
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

I've already subscribed to the OKW lovers thread. We're heading down in Oct/Nov. You'll have to tell me how you liked it.

Happy travels!!!

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:42 PM   #19
jenn3456
Mouseketeer

WHat if you booked through Disney? We would love to be closer to the Hospitality House but we booked through Disney. This doesn't sound like an option for us?
jenn3456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:40 PM   #20
nolanboys
DIS Veteran

Will just add that one of the benefits of staying there is the full kitchen. We stayed there twice going directly through Disney before buying DVC. We shipped groceries down one time and had them delivered from Garden Grocer the other time. The ability to do that makes up for the lack of counter service in many ways. We love it there and are hoping to book it for spring break when our 7 mo window opens up.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:52 AM   #21
ABE4DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD View Post
OKW is great, you will love it. We've stayed there many times and my only complaint is the quality of the QS food. It ranges from mediocre to just awful. But Olivia's is a good option for TS.
Love OKW! This is my only negative as well....definitely buy/order groceries and you will have a stupendous trip!

ABE4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:33 AM   #22
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn3456 View Post
WHat if you booked through Disney? We would love to be closer to the Hospitality House but we booked through Disney. This doesn't sound like an option for us?
You can request it, but DVC members are given priority. I have already requested it on my reservation, but my husband also has a medical condition and I requested it for that (in case I'm in the parks with the kids and he wants something to eat kind of thing). I understand there is an in-resort shuttle bus, but that won't help him very much.

And I agree that having the full kitchen is gonna help. We're bringing our pizza pan with us because our kids could eat DiGiorno every night. It will be such a money saver for us. And to be able to have fruit on hand as well as freeze bottles of water. I'm so excited!!!! I can't wait to get there!

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:44 AM   #23
herb102211
DIS Veteran

OKW is great We usually stay in a studio and love the fact that they have 2 queen sized beds instead sofa bed and pull out. The rooms are much larger than those at BCV or BWV. The resort is quite spread out and they have internal buses that pick up at several points through the resort for transportation to the parks or to the hospitality house at OKW. We usually try and request a room near the hospitality house as those rooms are closer to Olivia’s, the pool and boat launch to DTD. It is a very quaint resort. I’m sure you will love it!

*Food, Wine & Christmas Time..A November 2012 TR*
Wining & Dining Around the World~ An October '13 TR
5/08- Offsite, 5/09- Pop Century, 11/09 (engagement!)- Pop Century, 3/10- Pop Century/Disney Wonder 4 Nt Bahamas, 9/10- Pop Century, 3/11- Beach Club/ Disney Dream 3 Nt Bahamas, 5/11- Beach Club, 10/11- (Disneymoon) Beach Club, 12/11-Beach Club 3/12- BCV/BLT , 5/12- BCV/OKW/BLT, 9/12-BWV/BCV/BLT/AoA, 11/12- BCV 2/13- BCV/OKW, 4/13-BWV, 9/13- BWV, 10/13- Yacht Club , 2/14- BWV, 4/14- BWV/WL, 7/14- Yacht Club-CL, 10/14- Yacht Club , 11/14- WL/BC
Me (28) DH (29)
herb102211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:38 PM   #24
KatMark
DIS Veteran

We love OKW. We have stayed twice now thanks to a friend giving us his points once and then renting them the next time. I will be back there for one night next month before moving to Beach Club. Then DH and I will be back at OKW for 7 nights in August. We love everything about the resort.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:05 AM   #25
goofydad621
DIS Veteran

Hi Minnie mouse girl

We have stayed at many of the resorts onsite over the years. I started goign to WDW in the mid 70's last trip in 2011 tried OKW first tiem and LOVED IT. First time I have been on vacation to WDW that I wished we had more time just to hang out around the resort(my DW says it may have something to do with my age not the resort but I don't think so lol) We liked it enough that we now have a contract goign thru ROFR with disney to own a piece of the magic.
The girls will love it too we are taking our DD 16 and her friend in January for a week. And you'll love the space bring your own coffee my DW says tha tis the only way to get a good cup of coffee on disney property on a regular basis.

PS glad to see another new englander we live in New Hampshire and I work in Beverly.
Been there done that got the t-shirt and going back
goofydad621 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
old key west

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: