DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #166
Pete W.
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicFan75 View Post
We hit the pool for a few minutes and then went to the campfire, which was pretty crowded, especially when it came time to hand out the smores stuff. I don't know if that was due to it being around spring break or on a Saturday, but bring your patience to stand in line getting marshmallows with roasting stick and then again for chocolate and graham crackers.
Not sure which saturday you're referring to, but we were there saturday, March 30th (day before Easter) and went to the campfire and were the only ones there. We got there 'late' meaning 45 minutes after it started so I guess there could've been an early rush and then everyone left. I remember feeling a bit sorry for the CMs being there all alone since we only stayed for ~10 minutes and left.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:52 AM   #167
MagicFan75
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete W. View Post
Not sure which saturday you're referring to, but we were there saturday, March 30th (day before Easter) and went to the campfire and were the only ones there. We got there 'late' meaning 45 minutes after it started so I guess there could've been an early rush and then everyone left. I remember feeling a bit sorry for the CMs being there all alone since we only stayed for ~10 minutes and left.
We went to the campfire on Saturday, April 6. I do think Spring Break timing had a lot to do with it. But as you said, if you came late, the crowds began to disperse, but you miss the singing (I said a boom, chicka boom). It was fun regardless of the crowd and we all enjoyed our roasted marshmallows and smores.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2013, 12:44 PM   #168
stevescherer
Boardwalk Villas and Grand Floridian Villas owner

My family will be @ VB on June 18-22. This will be our first time here and we have a 2 bedroom suite.
The on site restaurants look good, but up to date menus seem hard to find.

Last edited by stevescherer; 04-21-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:54 PM   #169
sandieb
DIS Veteran

We spent 2 nights at Vero Beach Resort April 8-10. We had a 1 bedroom and really liked the layout. It was clean and in good repair. We loved the table and chairs on the porch - no water view, but it was surrounded by lush greenery.

We spent most of the time on the beach - we rented an umbrella and chairs and were very comfortable. The kids loved the waves and played in the sand.
We played miniature golf, swam in the pool and attended the campfire - very crowded, and although we enjoyed the games, making the smores was crazy.

My only complaint is the food - we ate at the Sunday brunch and it was pretty awful. I actually left a little hungry. The food at the stand by the pool was terrible - so much so that I returned it. We ate in our villa otherwise.

All in all we enjoyed it and would definitely return for 3 or 4 nights.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:26 PM   #170
okw2012
Mouseketeer

Add me to the roll call!
Just booked a studio (waitlisted a 1BR) from Aug 24-30.
Will be our 1st time at Vero Beach.

Last edited by okw2012; 04-22-2013 at 05:34 AM.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:57 AM   #171
okw2012
Mouseketeer

I am reading VB reviews on tripadvisor reviews and finding many complaints about dated rooms. Is it that people are confusing "themed" with "dated" or are some rooms really in bad shape? Any suggestion for requests in order to get a renovated room?

We'll be staying in a studio, could easily change to an Inn room. I have waitlisted a 1BR, don't know what my chances are for late August.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:31 PM   #172
sunryzez
Mouseketeer

posted on resorts but probably should of posted here...

I currently have booked a b2b disney cruise for January 2014. However, this past January when we went the weather was not so great and my favorite part ( castaway cay) was FREEZING! Even though the price was amazing and it was still an amazing cruise!
I looked at the school calendar for next year and spring break ends up being the week of my daughters birthday in March. So we are debating about doing a 4 night dcl and then doing 3 nights at Vero beach instead of January b2b since we have heard great things about Vero Beach and have been wanting to go for a while.

January b2b would be the cheapest option by far but the kids would be missing 2 school days and we are also going on a November 4 night dcl where they will be missing 3 days as well so I am a bit worried with them missing 5 days total in that time frame.

I'm sure either vacation would be great but I am torn now. Has anyone ever stayed at Vero beach before and can give me some insight on it? Also, has anyone gone in mid-March? Weather and activity wise is it a good time to visit?

Thanks =)

Old 04-22-2013, 03:16 PM   #173
okw2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by okw2012
I am reading VB reviews on tripadvisor reviews and finding many complaints about dated rooms. Is it that people are confusing "themed" with "dated" or are some rooms really in bad shape? Any suggestion for requests in order to get a renovated room?

We'll be staying in a studio, could easily change to an Inn room. I have waitlisted a 1BR, don't know what my chances are for late August.
Changed my dates already: we'll be going August 21-28.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:38 PM   #174
DisDaydreamer
I have this DIS-ease

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by okw2012 View Post
Changed my dates already: we'll be going August 21-28.
Got you and stevescherer on the roll call. Have a great trip

Old 04-23-2013, 07:46 AM   #175
sunryzez
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know when you can start booking 2014 dates? Thanks =)

Old 04-23-2013, 11:18 AM   #176
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

We will have our 3rd stay it is our precruise place. The CM's are wonderful. On Thursdays if you are there they have a wonderful seafood buffett at shutters, DVC get a discount too at shutters they have diner which is pretty good think fried food. They also have a character breakfast on Saturday's with Donald and Max I think. The Green cabin is on the second floor and has a limited menu salads, pizza, think small bar type of menu. Most nights there is music too and games on the TV too. The pool is really nice. Very large and there are activities all day long. Most are geared for younger kids. There are rentals for bikes , games you can borrow, and mini golf a 9 hole and. $5 for unlimited. Nice slide and hot tub. Most nights there are campfires. They were full. Lots of fun. It is a wonderful relaxing resort.we added a day in Oct. we just love the place. I work hard average of 100 hours so I need some down time. The beach is nice but we prefer the pool over the beach as we live near the beach.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #177
Stacey6274
Mouseketeer

Hi - can you add me to the Roll Call - heading there 8/3-8/10 - 1st timer
I have some questions, if anyone is willing to answer them or tell me where to go and find them? Thanks a bunch

We are staying at the BW in Disney before hand and renting a car to drive to VB.
Are there places to go and see or have dinner at near the resort that we could drive too?
My daughter will be 10 - will see be bored with the resort?
Is there enough choices to eat at for a week? We don't have a kitchen - and I read someone said the food was awful - so now I am nervous.
If anyone has a 9/10/11 yr girl that is going the same time - maybe they can email with my dd and get to know one another before hand and then they can hang out - we did this 2xs before, before we went on cruise and they had a blast and still e-mail each other.
Anything else I need to know??

useally we just do the BW and the cruise - so kind of nervous trying something new.

Thanks
3rd Disney Cruise Dec 10 - perfect!
4th cruise on the Dream in Dec 2011 - What a way to ring in the new year!!!
5th cruise Aug 18 2012 Fantasy - beautiful
Vero Beach - 1st time - Aug 2013 - relaxing time - but missed my cruise!
6th criuise Aug 2 2014 - Fantasy - can't wait!!!!!
Mom
Dad
Daughter 10.5
Old 04-23-2013, 04:32 PM   #178
byejou
Mouseketeer

OK so we are really looking forward to our newest Disney adventure. We are cruising on the Dream 11/3 then heading to Vera for 2 nights following. Its our first time there and we wanted to try something different this year and not head to parks. I'm super excited just to relax a little longer after the cruise.

We camped at the Fort the same week last year and weather was absolutely gorgeous. Don't believe it rained once and was warmed into high 80's for 10 days. Praying for the same again this year.

My question is about dining. We are DVC so we went for the studio. We will have light breakfasts there then lunch and dinner at resort. How is dining. I do want to do Saturday's Character buffet before we leave to head home. But that's all I researched so far. I did read a previous post about Thursday night Seafood Buffet so I got that noted. Does DVC get discounts all over resort for dining? Also, we will be driving from NJ so we can leave resort if there is a special place off site that is something worth a try.

DL 88 CBR 96 CSR 98 BWV 05 Wonder 07 WDW/SW 07 Wonder 08 CR/Wonder 09
BCV/Dream 11 FW/AKV 12 : FW 12 Dream/OKW/VB 13 SSR 14 OKW/WLV 14 FW 15 Fantasy 15
Old 04-23-2013, 05:20 PM   #179
Shellandscott
Earning My Ears

Food-
We went to Vero last May and found that we enjoyed Shutters but the food is good not great. Off property we went to :
Lobster Shanty- Over the bridge down in Vero. Good food on the water but inside. A plus for us.
Mulligans- In Vero proper, very good, relaxed atmosphere
Ocean Grill- Best place of our visit. Good food, a little more upscale then Mulligans. It is across the parking lot from Mulligans.
Squid Lips- up in Sebastian. We found it fair at best, but others love it. Maybe they were just having a bad night.

Look back at the first few pages, there is a pizza place that delivers. I looked up things on the web to find places in the area and get reviews.

We have vacationed with a 10yr old that is very chatty. She would have been fine at Vero. On the weekend they have a DJ at the pool. Good slide, lots of activity to do during the day for all the kids. Good slide.

Numerous trips from 1973-1992
January 1999 - POFQ, May 2000 - & February 2004 - Offsite, August 2004 - BCV, January 2005 - SSR, May 2005 Hawaii (II), January 2006 - VWL, July 2006 - OKW, January 2007 Vegas (II), October 2007 - BCV, January 2008 - GF, May 2008 - VWL, Sept 2009 - BCV, May 2010 - VGC, May 2011 - SSR & BLT , May 2012 - VB, October 2012 - VGC, May 2013- BCV & VB, Dec 2013- OKW, Jan 2014 - BLT & SSR, May 2014 VGF

Dream May 2011
Old 04-24-2013, 09:53 AM   #180
Stacey6274
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info - sounds great! I will do some research now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellandscott View Post
Food-
We went to Vero last May and found that we enjoyed Shutters but the food is good not great. Off property we went to :
Lobster Shanty- Over the bridge down in Vero. Good food on the water but inside. A plus for us.
Mulligans- In Vero proper, very good, relaxed atmosphere
Ocean Grill- Best place of our visit. Good food, a little more upscale then Mulligans. It is across the parking lot from Mulligans.
Squid Lips- up in Sebastian. We found it fair at best, but others love it. Maybe they were just having a bad night.

Look back at the first few pages, there is a pizza place that delivers. I looked up things on the web to find places in the area and get reviews.

We have vacationed with a 10yr old that is very chatty. She would have been fine at Vero. On the weekend they have a DJ at the pool. Good slide, lots of activity to do during the day for all the kids. Good slide.
3rd Disney Cruise Dec 10 - perfect!
4th cruise on the Dream in Dec 2011 - What a way to ring in the new year!!!
5th cruise Aug 18 2012 Fantasy - beautiful
Vero Beach - 1st time - Aug 2013 - relaxing time - but missed my cruise!
6th criuise Aug 2 2014 - Fantasy - can't wait!!!!!
Mom
Dad
Daughter 10.5
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: