Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 08:49 AM   #1
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

AoA suite or Two rooms at POR??

If you could get an AoA suite or two rooms at POR for about the same price, which would you choose? We have stayed at POR in the past, but now as a grown family of six we would need two rooms. We have yet to stay at AoA, but with all the pics and threads, I have a pretty good feel for it. Without preferred rooms, I'm really worried about the room location at POR. We have stayed before and been in great buildings that are close to everything (14 & 15), but we have also stayed way out back in the Alligator Bayou before and that treck was awful! Being that we need two connecting rooms ( I understand there is no guarantee but I have yet to hear of that happening?), I'm afraid we will end up in a very undesirable area. Thoughts? Opinions? Thanks!
Blessed_wth_Triplets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #2
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

If you could get them for about the same price I would pick POR. The beds are better than the value beds. The value beds are hard as a rock. If you are use to sleeping on a very firm bed then it might not bother you. But at home I have a very soft pillow top mattress and the value beds kill my back and neck. I wake up stiff and hurting every morning.

Rooms at POR would give everyone real beds to sleep in instead of just pull outs and sleepers.

I am not sure I would want to stay at POR unless you were going to book preferred rooms. I only book preferred rooms because we use the food court every day for breakfast and sometimes for snacks or a quick dinner. I would not want to stay at any resort and be off in the back of the resort some place.

If you are going to have a car then you might be able to just drive yourself around to the food court but I wouldn't want to do that either.

If you plan on eating breakfast in the room every day it might be convenient to have the kitchenette that you would have in the AoA suite.

But for me it's a no brainer. If I can stay in the better quality resort for the same amount I am always going to pick the better resort.

The two times we stayed in a suite at a value was only because all of my kids are tweens and teens and none of them would have fit in the Murphy bed at POR. Also when all 5 of us travel we have 7 checked bags between the 5 of us and there is no way we would have had any place to even put that many bags in a regular room.

But you would be getting 2 rooms at POR so you would have plenty of room for your bags.

Also something to think about is the family suites at All Star Music are sometimes $100 a night cheaper than AoA suites during certain periods of the year. I have seen ppl say they paid $350 a night for the AoA suite. We only paid $240 a night for the suite at ASMu. If you were going to stay 6, 7 or 8 days or longer that extra $100 a night could buy you dinner at a TS place. Or almost buy you dinner. Our dinners for 5 actually cost around $200 a night. But the point is you could possibly save a ton of money staying at ASMu suite rather than AoA.

I am not sure what part of the resort AoA has the suites. They may be in the preferred buildings like ASMu has. But at ASMu all of the suites are in the preferred buildings. Calypso (the closest building) and Jazz the second building down.

But I would choose POR over a value.

Also we use the crap out of the boat at POR that takes you to DTD. We eat at DTD a ton of times during our stays and we park at POR and ride the boat to DTD.

I looked at some random dates in October and the prices were a little different than what I expected.
The ASMU family suite was $219 a night the AoA suite was $279 a night and the POR room was $189 a night. So to get 2 rooms at POR would be $380 a night as opposed to getting a suite for $219 a night. So you might not be able to get them for the same price or even close to the same price.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip

Last edited by MinnieLovesMickey12; 04-23-2013 at 10:26 AM.
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: