Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 08:04 AM   #16
magicbob
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling_Jen View Post
I used to love the Indiana Jones Stunt Show until I went to Disneyland a few years ago and got to experience the Indiana Jones Adventure, and that is honestly one of my top favorite rides of all time. I really wish that was in DHS as well!
Indiana Jones Adventure at DLR is a GREAT ride!

Ratatouille, the Ride!

magicbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:51 AM   #17
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

I agree 100% the the Indiana Jones ride at DL is awesome and should come to WDW. I was so surprised by how great that ride was the last time I was in California. It would make a great addition to HS.
Pirate princess 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2013, 08:26 PM   #18
super mike b
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate princess 2 View Post
I agree 100% the the Indiana Jones ride at DL is awesome and should come to WDW.
That would be a cool addition. we love that ride!
super mike b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:51 AM   #19
CtinaDitty
Disney Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate princess 2 View Post
I agree 100% the the Indiana Jones ride at DL is awesome and should come to WDW. I was so surprised by how great that ride was the last time I was in California. It would make a great addition to HS.
The one time I went to DL, this ride was a standout. I've heard rumors that it's the same track as Dinosaur, but to me Indiana Jones is much more appealing and the ride seems completely different thanks to the theming. I'd love this ride to come to HS!!
CtinaDitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:49 PM   #20
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

No question DHS needs help. Really hoping it's something unique...like Star Wars...rather than cloned CarsLand. I already spend a week at DL every year. More attraction copies does nothing to encourage additional visits to WDW.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #21
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Ok...it hasn't been mentioned here yet so i'll bite:

there is no sense in putting the IJA in Florida for two reasons:

1. The ride opened in what?...1995? To clone a thrill element like tower or splash mountain seems to make more sense because there is physics in play...i just don't see the appeal from disney's perspective to clone a simulator type ride thats 15-20 years old...except perhaps in "new" parks such as in China.
2. As has been stated/documented many times...CTX (dinosaur for the non-believers) and IJA are the exact same ride. As in the ride system and the track layout are EXACTLY the same. so while dumbo and magic carpets are clones for relatively little price...to clone IJA and have basically two clones at $100 million dollars each doesn't really make any sense.
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:31 PM   #22
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Hmm...now, if they wiped out Dinoland, including Chester and Hester, turned Dinosaur into IJA, and made the whole area an archaeology dig site theme, I'd get on board with that...

IJESS isn't big enough for CarsLand, but Backlot/LMA might be - I hope the layout is good enough to do it right.

Now, if they were going to do Star Wars Land, that could potentially take out IJESS and the Backlot Express...
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #23
msmama
DIS Veteran

A CM at the Disney Visa Meet in Epcot last week said that Lights, Motor Action would go, but it wouldn't be a full Cars land. He seemed to think it'd be just the racecar ride.

(Obviously I put no more faith in this than any other rumor, but there it is).
Old 04-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #24
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

PPs have made very good points about the studios needing some work. I've never really thought about it until now but everyone is right- its quite dated. Though I'm pretty partial to BLT (am I the only one?! ) I think some change would be good.

I don't know if I think replicating CL so close to its opening in DL is a great idea though. Where's all the fresh ideas? RNR and ToT were great additions because Disney put a new spin on a classic ride idea. Why can't they do that again? Everyone seems to be talking about copying things from the other coast when really I think its time for something new all together!

March 1996 (Swan), March 2008 (CBR), January 2013 (AoA), February 2014 (ASSp/BWV), October 2014 (Pop)

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" -Walt Disney
emilyindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:27 AM   #25
seadd67
DIS Veteran

I have read all the things they dislike about DHS,what they would add or take away. How long It takes or does not take to see the park. Really all good points, but its just my oppion, but I love DHS just the way It Is,if they add something great, but really what makes everyone want to change It is the reason I like It. I go to DHS as many times as I can on each trip, the only reason I dont stay longer Is I park hop. Now should everyone do a about face and say "your right DHS is fine just the way It Is", no. I just feel sometimes we pass over the same old thing to quickly and for get about the funny quirks DHS has to offer,,,just saying.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:40 AM   #26
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadd67 View Post
I have read all the things they dislike about DHS,what they would add or take away. How long It takes or does not take to see the park. Really all good points, but its just my oppion, but I love DHS just the way It Is,if they add something great, but really what makes everyone want to change It is the reason I like It. I go to DHS as many times as I can on each trip, the only reason I dont stay longer Is I park hop. Now should everyone do a about face and say "your right DHS is fine just the way It Is", no. I just feel sometimes we pass over the same old thing to quickly and for get about the funny quirks DHS has to offer,,,just saying.
Interestingly, I've heard little-to-none about keeping the Backlot tour (at least as it is), and not a lot for LMA...people are far more adamant about keeping the rest (except for the BAH... )
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:15 AM   #27
sachilles
Mouseketeer

One would think if there is a Cars related re-theme, that LMA could be re-themed with similar content, making it cost effective. There is enough content with Mater's tall tales, and cars related books to make a suitable story with the current venue, and a re-skinning of the stunt cars. Relatively speaking that would be a cheap addition, and something unique to a Florida version of cars land.
sachilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:58 AM   #28
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda

This doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. Since Disney bought LucasFilm, you'd think if anything they would expand the Star Wars theme into that area.

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR
FlightlessDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:09 PM   #29
quikah
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachilles View Post
One would think if there is a Cars related re-theme, that LMA could be re-themed with similar content, making it cost effective. There is enough content with Mater's tall tales, and cars related books to make a suitable story with the current venue, and a re-skinning of the stunt cars. Relatively speaking that would be a cheap addition, and something unique to a Florida version of cars land.
Redoing LMA for Mater's Tall Tales would be really awesome, but it wouldn't happen. I can't imagine realistic looking skins on those cars would last long. It is already supposedly an expensive show to run, doing this would make it even more expensive.
quikah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #30
PrettyFlower2
Mouseketeer

I hope they replace the stunt show or backlot tour. The back lot tour is just so blah and dated. That would be nice. HS is my least fav park even though I love ToT.

Eating Vegetarian in WDW

Dana
PrettyFlower2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: