Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 08:49 PM   #31
magrudersmakes3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousefan5 View Post
I was just reading about some changes to the Magic during dry dock. I think more info will be out next week. We have not been aboard the Magic before so I don't have anything to compare it to except for our two trips aboard the Wonder. I am looking forward to the same coziness but some things different. Can't wait!
I can't wait to hear what they are going to do. I just hope they do not change Animators Palate as I want to see the original version.

1998 First trip offsite, 2003 CBR, 2004 Sea World, 2005 POR, 2007 POR, 2008 BW, 2010 CCL, 2010 HRH Universal, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Dream, 2013 POP/POR (Princess 1/2 Marathon), 2013 BLT
magrudersmakes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:43 AM   #32
omalley1118
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna3271 View Post
Hi All,
We are booked on the 3 night Dream on Nov 7th. I was not going to sail on that one (it was originally a dummy date), but then I saw this one out of Miami that is a 4 night. I may book this one. We have Alaska next (Aug 26th), and the Med booked (Aug '14). This would be our 7th Disney cruise (after Alaska - our first with our gold Laynards!!)

My children will be 8, 8, and 12. I'll be back if I actually book. It is Jersey week, and the kids will have to just miss one day.
Welcome Donna!! We are from NJ as well. For the past few years, we have had the whole week off, but this year, they changed everything up... The kids have tue, thu, fri off instead. As it stands now, we are planning to fly down on tue morning to spend the day in Miami. They will only miss weds. I would really like more time in Miami, so we shall see....

As for Vero, yes we were there in November last year for 3 nights after a stay at WDW. I LOVED it!!! It was a bit odd at first to have all the Disney theming w/o actually being at WDW.... The resort is very pretty, and the kids really enjoyed the beach and pool. They spent a lot of time there. We stayed in an Inn room, facing the front of this hotel. I liked this a lot. We booked Inn again with an ocean view. It was very quiet last time; not at all crowded. There was never more than a few families at the beach.

I did feel like the food options were limited, but we had a rental car so we went out for meals a lot. DD and I went down to see the Manatee rescue center about 30 minutes south, and we loved that. There is a small mall close by with a movie theater and a lot of restaurants around it that we used as well. The staff was exactly what you are used to at a WDW resort; extremely kins, friendly, and courteous!!!! We were sad to leave!!!

We are staying at BLT for 5 days after Vero, arriving there on Labor Day. We have never stayed at BLT, even though it is our home resort...go figure!! I love the location and convenience of it, but I have always felt the decor is cold and not very Disney like... I am looking forward to trying it out though!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2013, 05:46 AM   #33
omalley1118
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magrudersmakes3 View Post

I can't wait to hear what they are going to do. I just hope they do not change Animators Palate as I want to see the original version.
I am also interested to see what the changes are going to be. I have loved both the classic and new ships on which we sailed. I really don't think they should try to make the Magic into a smaller version of the others. There's a lot to be said for being a classic. A facelift is great, but they should retain their original feel...just my opinion. It's been fun reading all the opinions on what might be happening... I seriously doubt they are putting in an Aquaduck!!!!!
Old 04-23-2013, 07:26 AM   #34
magrudersmakes3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi All,
We are booked on the 3 night Dream on Nov 7th. I was not going to sail on that one (it was originally a dummy date), but then I saw this one out of Miami that is a 4 night. I may book this one. We have Alaska next (Aug 26th), and the Med booked (Aug '14). This would be our 7th Disney cruise (after Alaska - our first with our gold Laynards!!)

My children will be 8, 8, and 12. I'll be back if I actually book. It is Jersey week, and the kids will have to just miss one day.
Welcome! I hope you are able to join us!!

1998 First trip offsite, 2003 CBR, 2004 Sea World, 2005 POR, 2007 POR, 2008 BW, 2010 CCL, 2010 HRH Universal, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Dream, 2013 POP/POR (Princess 1/2 Marathon), 2013 BLT
Old 04-23-2013, 07:32 AM   #35
magrudersmakes3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by omalley1118 View Post
I am also interested to see what the changes are going to be. I have loved both the classic and new ships on which we sailed. I really don't think they should try to make the Magic into a smaller version of the others. There's a lot to be said for being a classic. A facelift is great, but they should retain their original feel...just my opinion. It's been fun reading all the opinions on what might be happening... I seriously doubt they are putting in an Aquaduck!!!!!
I'm sure it is in need of a good clean up, but I agree, keep the classics a classic. We should know in 3 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by omalley1118 View Post
As for Vero, yes we were there in November last year for 3 nights after a stay at WDW. I LOVED it!!! It was a bit odd at first to have all the Disney theming w/o actually being at WDW.... The resort is very pretty, and the kids really enjoyed the beach and pool. They spent a lot of time there. We stayed in an Inn room, facing the front of this hotel. I liked this a lot. We booked Inn again with an ocean view. It was very quiet last time; not at all crowded. There was never more than a few families at the beach.

I did feel like the food options were limited, but we had a rental car so we went out for meals a lot. DD and I went down to see the Manatee rescue center about 30 minutes south, and we loved that. There is a small mall close by with a movie theater and a lot of restaurants around it that we used as well. The staff was exactly what you are used to at a WDW resort; extremely kins, friendly, and courteous!!!! We were sad to leave!!!

We are staying at BLT for 5 days after Vero, arriving there on Labor Day. We have never stayed at BLT, even though it is our home resort...go figure!! I love the location and convenience of it, but I have always felt the decor is cold and not very Disney like... I am looking forward to trying it out though!
Thank you! We may have to seriously look at doing this. We usually stay at POR as that is our favorite, but we wanted to try being right next to MK as that and EP are our favorite parks. We actully rented DVC for this visit.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:49 AM   #36
omalley1118
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magrudersmakes3 View Post

I'm sure it is in need of a good clean up, but I agree, keep the classics a classic. We should know in 3 days

Thank you! We may have to seriously look at doing this. We usually stay at POR as that is our favorite, but we wanted to try being right next to MK as that and EP are our favorite parks. We actully rented DVC for this visit.
Oh my!! I LOVE Port Orleans!!!! We always stayed there prior to joining DVC!!!
Old 04-28-2013, 07:01 PM   #37
Donna3271
DIS Veteran

Woo Hoo! OK, I booked this after I saw the videos of the enhancements. The last time we were on the Magic was Nov 2008, so its been a while for us. We've been on the Dream, Fantasy, and the Wonder as well, but the Magic has always been my favorite. Next up for us is Aug 26th sailing of the Wonder to Alaska.

My children will be 8, 8, and 12 when we sail.

Now I have no more dummy dates to move! I won't be able to book anything until Aug in Alaska... Boo hoo...
Donna3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:04 PM   #38
omalley1118
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Woo Hoo! OK, I booked this after I saw the videos of the enhancements. The last time we were on the Magic was Nov 2008, so its been a while for us. We've been on the Dream, Fantasy, and the Wonder as well, but the Magic has always been my favorite. Next up for us is Aug 26th sailing of the Wonder to Alaska.

My children will be 8, 8, and 12 when we sail.

Now I have no more dummy dates to move! I won't be able to book anything until Aug in Alaska... Boo hoo...
Hooray and welcome officially!!!! Wow the numbers are really climbing...LOL!!! We are from NJ as well; Burlington county. How about you??? I have a 9 and 11 yo, so that will be great.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:32 PM   #39
omalley1118
DIS Veteran

Ok, folks, just 192 days left!!!!! I know, I know...that's way too many days. Although this year seems to be flying, I don't feel like we are any closer to vacation. I really need one about now...

Smoke to someone at DCL tonight to request a table just for the four of us at dinner. This was NOT my idea. DH is not easy around strangers, and as rarely asks for anything...I kind of felt like I needed to give him this one. It makes me a little sad though, as I love to meet new folks.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:23 AM   #40
magrudersmakes3
DIS Veteran

It feels like forever!! I am struggling through my 33 days to WDW, so this one seems like a year away.

I understand your DH. My husband is really shy around new people, but warms up when he meets them and gets to know them. I'm hoping we are put with another couple at our table as I on the other hand, love meeting new people. I'm trying to talk our friends from a previous cruise to join us though.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:31 AM   #41
omalley1118
DIS Veteran

Not even sure how many days for us...we go to Vero and WDW August 28th!!!
Old 04-30-2013, 10:46 AM   #42
magrudersmakes3
DIS Veteran

120 days!!!! So exciting!!!

Old 05-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #43
mousefan5
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone. Just checking in to see how eveyone is. This is one of my busy months at works since I am a teacher so I hope it flys by. I still waiting approval so that we can go on this trip. Typically we wait until the new school year starts in August to put in for personal days. I asked and my administrator is going to hopefully get back to me this month. Have a happy May.
mousefan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:13 PM   #44
magrudersmakes3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousefan5 View Post
Hello everyone. Just checking in to see how eveyone is. This is one of my busy months at works since I am a teacher so I hope it flys by. I still waiting approval so that we can go on this trip. Typically we wait until the new school year starts in August to put in for personal days. I asked and my administrator is going to hopefully get back to me this month. Have a happy May.
All is good here. I will keep my fingers crossed that your approval comes through quickly.

We did some shopping today to pick up last minute summer clothes for our June WDW trip. It is finally starting to feel like spring here in IL, we have had some crazy weather the last couple of months.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:44 AM   #45
FenwickFamily
Earning My Ears

Hello everyone this will be our first Disney Cruise:cheer!!
So excited, we have been DVD members for 8 years but kids have been begging for cruise, myself, my dh , ds who is 9 and dd who is 5 will be going. Both my kids have the same birthday and this is their present! I can't wait to see refurbished ship. TA was telling us about fish extenders and gifts sounds cute and fun.... Just need some for info. Thanks
FenwickFamily is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: