Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 08:32 AM   #256
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zweihund View Post
Eeeeeee!

I should probably book my airfare, huh?
Erica - have you done your airfare yet?? Just kidding for you - I know you have a plan but I'm the type that might be freaking out a little

Quote:

Personally we picked the 7:15 because we are early risers (the joy of having a three year old) and because we wanted to make sure we had plenty of time for naps and some casual town strolling later in the day without feeling rushed. We figured we'd be up anyway, and it will be light outside, so why not go ahead and take the early train. We're also on early dinner, so even though we're in port until 7ish we will really only have until about 5 for shopping and such.

So I'll be the one in the hat and gloves, with a travel mug of coffee in her hands!
Yep, we also picked the 7:15am for the same reasons. We'd rather get our day started and then have time left for later to do another things around town. We have another early day in Juneau at 7:45am so I hope we get plenty of sleep on the lightest day of the year!! I hope the curtains close enough because my DS naturally wakes up at 6am, every day, so the sun would only help him and gosh I need all the sleep I can get!! Great idea to bring a travel mug and we might fill it up with tea or something like that to all share and I'll need snacks too since lunch time will quite a ways off!

So excited!

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 (Dream), 12/2012 Mom & I (Fantasy), 6/2013 (Wonder-Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), & 1/2014 Magic. Next: 4/2014 (Fantasy) & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:33 AM   #257
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

BTW - hi to Kandie and Tracey Nice seeing you on the digital page and Jayne has really started something, hasn't she?

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 (Dream), 12/2012 Mom & I (Fantasy), 6/2013 (Wonder-Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), & 1/2014 Magic. Next: 4/2014 (Fantasy) & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2013, 11:58 AM   #258
DillWaters
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MauiMama View Post

"Bumping" a previous post to the end so it will be seen by those who come on later. At least I think thats what it means! lol
Very close. Bump is used to move a thread to the top of the list of threads. Since, in most forums, the list of threads is sorted by last modification date, "bumping" moves your topic to the top or from the second or third page back to the top of the first page. It can also be used to remind people who have email subscriptions to a thread (like I do to this one) that someone is waiting for a response.
DillWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:36 PM   #259
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInTheMagic View Post
Erica - have you done your airfare yet?? Just kidding for you - I know you have a plan but I'm the type that might be freaking out a little
You and my husband both!
My dad insists the prices will drop a little bit more so we're holding out. I pretty much know WHEN we're planning on departing and returning, just haven't actually made the commitment yet. 1-2 more weeks and I'll have to do it just for my own sanity!

Quote:
I hope the curtains close enough because my DS naturally wakes up at 6am, every day, so the sun would only help him and gosh I need all the sleep I can get!! Great idea to bring a travel mug and we might fill it up with tea or something like that to all share and I'll need snacks too since lunch time will quite a ways off!
The curtains block so much sun that occasionally Lionel and I wake up with no idea of what time it is! If you a clothespin or two you can keep any of the light from peeking through where the curtains come together

I got a great travel mug onboard for our last Alaska sailing - I love it and still use it. Hoping they have them again this year.
zweihund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:47 AM   #260
LvCruzin
Earning My Ears

Quote:
BTW - hi to Kandie and Tracey Nice seeing you on the digital page and Jayne has really started something, hasn't she?

Heather
Hello there....I know, I have been going crazy with the digital page....so many cute things, I want them all. Cannot believe that the group of designers do all of that for free.....Getting sooo excited, I can't stand it.

I know Jayne is doing an awesome job organizing the MUFE and RM. Kudos to her.
LvCruzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:20 PM   #261
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by LvCruzin View Post

Hello there....I know, I have been going crazy with the digital page....so many cute things, I want them all. Cannot believe that the group of designers do all of that for free.....Getting sooo excited, I can't stand it.

Ok I am being nosy, what's the digital page?
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:49 AM   #262
808MauiMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Ok I am being nosy, what's the digital page?
Its a group page on Facebook called Graphics for All Lovers of Disney - you have to ask to join the group and there are people on there that design all kinds of graphics, all you have to do is ask with a please and thank you! The MUFE Member graphic was created by one of the awesome designers.
808MauiMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:47 AM   #263
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You and my husband both!
My dad insists the prices will drop a little bit more so we're holding out. I pretty much know WHEN we're planning on departing and returning, just haven't actually made the commitment yet. 1-2 more weeks and I'll have to do it just for my own sanity!

The curtains block so much sun that occasionally Lionel and I wake up with no idea of what time it is! If you a clothespin or two you can keep any of the light from peeking through where the curtains come together

I got a great travel mug onboard for our last Alaska sailing - I love it and still use it. Hoping they have them again this year.
LOL - ok, keep us posted on the airfare! I'll feel much better once you've booked it! LOL I'm just hoping now these new budget cuts that just kicked in don't impact us. Thanks for the tip on the clothes pin for the curtains - great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LvCruzin View Post

I make digital scrapbooks for myself so I have some really cute items saved and we'll be making our magnets soon for Alaska!

WOOHOO

Heather
Old 04-22-2013, 09:15 PM   #264
ScottFamily2005
Mouseketeer

Today I ordered from Amazon:

Bag of clothespins
Bug repellant wipes
Industrial size bottle of chewable, generic, motion sickness pills
Disney Pixar Storybook collection (for autographs)

Last week I ordered our Pixar Pals tees from Custom Ink.

56 days everyone!

Disney Wonder to Alaska June 17-24, 2013 - fell in love with DCL!
Next cruise: Fantasy Eastern June 6, 2015
ScottFamily2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:21 PM   #265
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Quote:

Its a group page on Facebook called Graphics for All Lovers of Disney - you have to ask to join the group and there are people on there that design all kinds of graphics, all you have to do is ask with a please and thank you! The MUFE Member graphic was created by one of the awesome designers.
Thanks for letting me know
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:52 AM   #266
happyhom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Welcome!
Are you on the June 17th sailing?
Hello Linda67!
Yes! We are on the June 17 sailing! I have two boys, ages 5 (soon) and 8. The Fish Extender activity sounds like it might be fun for them but I'm a little concerned about packing space and also need ideas about what would be appropriate. Do you give just one gift for the entire party in the stateroom or separate gifts for individuals in the same stateroom (hope that makes sense!)? And how do we know when to deliver our items?

Thank you for all of the great info!
Happy Hom
happyhom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:52 AM   #267
808MauiMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhom View Post
Hello Linda67!
Yes! We are on the June 17 sailing! I have two boys, ages 5 (soon) and 8. The Fish Extender activity sounds like it might be fun for them but I'm a little concerned about packing space and also need ideas about what would be appropriate. Do you give just one gift for the entire party in the stateroom or separate gifts for individuals in the same stateroom (hope that makes sense!)? And how do we know when to deliver our items?

Thank you for all of the great info!
Happy Hom
Hi there! Our FE group is still building. Its a small group so far. Deadline to sign up is May 10th. I am organizing the group - I am 808MauiMama. I mentioned doing one family (stateroom) gift that represents where you're from and one individual gifts. Additional gifts are optional. We'll see how many people we have at the deadline to decide. I also want to say, that this is "recommended" and not mandatory as I previously stated. I don't think "mandatory" was a good word to use. I want everyone to feel comfortable and not stressed over this. Hope you will join us!!
Old 04-23-2013, 02:56 AM   #268
808MauiMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Official Membership cards will be available for $1 ea - comes with a official MU Student (or Faculty) ID and this MUFE Member ID in a id pouch on a lanyard. The two id cards will be laminated together and can be removed from the ID pouch and kept as a souvenir!

Working on the lanyard design!
Old 04-23-2013, 03:04 AM   #269
808MauiMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Hope you are getting excited to be part of the MUFE! Please leave me a message with your info!
I'm putting together a spread sheet of Staterooms signed up for the MUFE. I have asked for the following information:

Stateroom #
Who's in the room:
Ages
Where from
Special Occasion celebrating

I'm wondering if you all would like to share more information such as
Names
Facebook names
email addresses
Favorite Disney character

Please Private Message me these details if you want and I will add it to my spreadsheet. Everyone signed up by May 10th will receive this list by private message(I think, if I can figure it out).

I'm busy working on my projects, are you!!
Old 04-23-2013, 11:42 AM   #270
LvCruzin
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I'm putting together a spread sheet of Staterooms signed up for the MUFE. I have asked for the following information:

Stateroom #
Who's in the room:
Ages
Where from
Special Occasion celebrating

I'm wondering if you all would like to share more information such as
Names
Facebook names
email addresses
Favorite Disney character

Please Private Message me these details if you want and I will add it to my spreadsheet. Everyone signed up by May 10th will receive this list by private message(I think, if I can figure it out).

I'm busy working on my projects, are you!!
Once I get my guests out of my house I am going to be working like a mad woman to get everything I want to done. So much to do and its getting down to the wire.....
OK....how do you PM? It will take me sometime to figure out how to do it so I thought I'd ask.....lol.
LvCruzin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: