Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2013, 07:01 AM   #1201
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide receiver View Post
I didn't read the whole thread but I did read several pages and didn't see my favorite product….(I am guessing it was buried somewhere)….

I go to target in the sporting area where they sell fishing and camping equipment, target sell rain ponchos folded into a "deck of cards" size that easily fits in your "Park Bag". These ponchos sell for a $1.00. And yes we have used them! better than the $10 or $15 ones you see in the gift shops on main street!
Are they good quality? I've purchased ponchos from the dollar store before, and they were all but worthless. I hauled them out for one rainy day, and ended up tossing them and buying Disney ones.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:46 AM   #1202
wide receiver
Mouseketeer

We used our ponchos and folded them up in case we needed them again. They aren't as thick as the Disney ponchos, I have those too and have been known to pack them for reuse on the next trip. But I find the Disney Ponchos are thicker so taking up more room in my carry bag, and heavier. The ponchos from target I believe are made by "Coleman", a respectable camping company. Why not purchase one and do a trail? Good Luck! And here's hope for no rain!
1988 Disneyland* * * * * * * * *2010 Disneyland
2001 Disneyland* * * * * * * * *2011 DisneylandParis
2005 AKL********************2011 Kidani/Wilderness
wide receiver is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2013, 09:12 PM   #1203
Jonathan Swift
I'm being sarcastic...or am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktbMouse View Post
Wow where did you get your power squid from?? this is the first year I will be travelling with a Cpap machine and this would be perfect for me as the kids always want to plug in other electronic things too, the Cpap plug is on the chunky side so the squid would be perfect. I really didnt want to travel with 2 power strips if needed. thanks. Oh and any other tips on travelling with a Cpap would be most welcome, first time flying with it also. Thanks.
Cables to Go 1.5 ft 1 to 4 Power Cord Splitter is the greatest. Power strips don't handle bulky wall warts well. These take up hardly any space in your suitcase.

EDIT: Forgot to add this... Stickers. Stickers? Yes, for your hotel room door. Just a single small one. My wife and child don't have the same bloodhound sense of direction I do. Things can get confusing real fast in a place like the Port Orleans. A small sticker on the door helps identify your room real quick.

Last edited by Jonathan Swift; 04-13-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Jonathan Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:06 AM   #1204
Angiea1114
Mouseketeer

With 5 smartphones, a portable battery pack is a must, especially if you use the camera or any Disney apps . We bought a mophie power station for about $80. We would charge it every night in hotel, and pack it in a ziploc bag with the cords. When the phones would get low batteries, all we had to do was hook it up and it would recharge them without us having to stop at an actual plug!
Angiea1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #1205
adrimolina
Earning My Ears

I read through a lot of pages (some amazing ideas!) didn't see: Mickey Ears! I almost forgot to add it to my packing list and there was no way I was going to buy another one for DS
adrimolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #1206
AintGonaGrowUp
Mouseketeer

A roll of duct tape is useful but takes up a lot of room. If you are packing a mini m&m tube for pennies or meds or I a bottle of hand sanitizer, (you get the idea) wrap a few layers around the tube and throw it in your bag! No bulk or the cardboard core and there is a thousand uses for duct tape!

Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas
AintGonaGrowUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:19 PM   #1207
NerdyMinnie
Earning My Ears

Emergency contact information

I put our emergency information in the pocket of my children's lanyard so we can be reached if we get separated.
NerdyMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:16 PM   #1208
lbruner02
Earning My Ears

Loving this!!

I am absolutely loving this thread. I am finding so many handy tricks. The one thing I'm bringing is a hand vac with a hose attachment. We are driving down from VA and have limited space with 5 in our vehicle. We are using the Space Saver bags in our luggage so that we can pack everything we need and still have space. When it's time to pack back up we have the hand vac. It takes up a lot less space than an extra suite case or two.
lbruner02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:27 PM   #1209
JerseyGirl26
Earning My Ears

What do you put in your child's lanyard (besides emergency contact info)?

Last edited by JerseyGirl26; 04-21-2013 at 12:18 AM.
JerseyGirl26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #1210
ErinsAuntMimi
Earning My Ears

Just wanted to add a "glow stick" and late-night room light source that is re-usable... it is rechargeable in any light in 15 minutes. Not exactly "fun" like glow sticks; some may say they are too expensive... but for reusable items they would pay for themselves overtime.

www.uvpaqlite.com - available as a mat, necklace or stick, or no-electricity plug

(DH) (Me) (DS 22)
ErinsAuntMimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:13 PM   #1211
katielafave
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdyMinnie View Post
I put our emergency information in the pocket of my children's lanyard so we can be reached if we get separated.
Great idea!!
katielafave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:23 PM   #1212
ImarriedGrumpy
AKA Miss lady who isn't my mommy
artsfan married booksandcats!
Loves Target so much she has a planned "path" she follows

We are at Disneyland now, and one thing I wish we had with us is a folding step stool so DS could reach the faucets on the sink. We've tried a few things to give him a boost, but nothing really works except doing it for him. He's so used to being independent with things like that, and I can see it's a little frustrating for him.

Delighted to be married to a Grumpy! Me DH DS (6) Beatrice Rosalind Alton
ImarriedGrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:25 AM   #1213
dzneelvr
A Disney Dolly
Doesn't mind if her gnomes kick the bucket after a year!

Hangers

I pack a dozen plastic hangers and some wooden clothes pins. Not only do they allow me to forgo a dryer cycle (kinda expensive), but they open up the drawer space for the little things we seem to accumulate. .Great for washing out a stain at the sink and then hanging it up to dry--usually right as rain in the morning I too love zip locs--we make sure all our papers, brochures, etc. are zipped in one. They seem to take over the room if we don't and it's fun to go through them all when you get home.
dzneelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:32 PM   #1214
Calirya
Cali meets her 'Rella for the 1st time Nov 13!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angiea1114 View Post
With 5 smartphones, a portable battery pack is a must, especially if you use the camera or any Disney apps . We bought a mophie power station for about $80. We would charge it every night in hotel, and pack it in a ziploc bag with the cords. When the phones would get low batteries, all we had to do was hook it up and it would recharge them without us having to stop at an actual plug!
Oohhh! good idea!
After a frustrating overwhelming day for my 3 yr old DD, we're in the bathroom right after Wishes, listening to the announcement of "your wishes come true" and DD says "Momma, my wish came true!" "Really? What was your wish?" "To meet Cinderella!"
Calirya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #1215
expeditioneverestgrl
DIS Veteran

Unusual Items to bring to WDW

I would bring a nightlight just incase your kids are scared of the dark hotel rooms and you can't see a thing!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: