Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 06:22 PM   #1
jlabk
Earning My Ears

Nassau Excursions

Has anyone taken the catamaran and snorkeling trip excursion in Nassau. Was it worthwhile? It will be just me and my husband, and we have had experience with open water snorkeling. Do you know the name of the outfitter/company that provides this trip? I wanted to research this a little further by looking at Trip Advisor reviews. Thanks!
jlabk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:35 PM   #2
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

We bought one off of shoreexcursions.com through priceline on Mar 1 and it was operated by SeaHorse. Our Carnival left at 2pm so we had to be choosy. This one was a 2.5-3.5 hr tour I think. We paid $56 for it, not bad. They met us right at the pier. We thought there would be less people, but nope, this was a very crowded catamaran. Still at least we got to sit on the net part hanging over the water (like a hammock to sit on). We didn't really sail (it's all motor) but it's nice, they took us about 45 min out to a gorgeous beach where I got some of my best mermaid photos ever I think. (I always wear shells and a mermaid fin whenever I go snorkeling.) And then back in the boat, and they took us to Cannonball Reef. The reef was a shallow one, about 10 -20 ft which I like. We saw a good bit, but then when the crew started dropping food in the water, we saw an enormous amount of big fish, probably hundreds. I had already given up my water camera to my honey by then! Oh well. On the way back, the whole boat joked that they had hauled in a mermaid, and a bunch more took photos with me. I milked it for all I could and didn't get out of my tail until we were back! Maybe it was because I provided a bit of entertainment, but let me tell you, the rum punch was very, very, very free flowing. It seemed like every time I turned around, there was another one. No lunch was included, but we had to get aboard anyway. I 'vaguely' remember buying some Tortuga rum and cakes and after sun lotion (like idiots, we didn't wear ANY sunscreen on the whole tour) and then my honey walked me to the lunch buffet and put me to bed. The next day, my friends tried to claim that I didn't actually talk to them. I knew I had, but I had definitely had a lot of rum punch...i slept almost up to the time to get ready for formal night...

Anyway if you can get it in the $50s, its a fun way to lounge on a boat, go out to where the fish are (you will see them) and the rum on the way back and island music was fun too. Definitely a different excursion/experience than Castaway...
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: