Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 10:46 AM   #931
Mrs Doubtfire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majordis View Post
Hi. Can someone tell me how long the bus ride is to Downtown Disney? Thank you
In December the one and only time we used the bus was to go to DTD - it took about 40 minutes from the bus stop near Casitas. I don't know if that was unusually long but we drove there the next time as it only takes about 10 minutes in the car.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #932
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

Thank you ! I love all the pictures - I want to be there now!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 11:05 AM   #933
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Doubtfire View Post
In December the one and only time we used the bus was to go to DTD - it took about 40 minutes from the bus stop near Casitas. I don't know if that was unusually long but we drove there the next time as it only takes about 10 minutes in the car.
40 minutes is a little extreme, but DTD is typically the longest ride from any resort that isn't located right next to it. I've taken the bus from CSR to DTD about 4-5 times 15 mins is the quickest and 25 mins was the longest. Typically quicker on the way back for some reason, 10-15 mins on way back. Something to do with traffic I'd guess. It was the same way when we stayed at CBR in 2008, service was great to all parks, but longer to DTD.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:02 PM   #934
Missytara
I'm all ears!

There is no advantage to going to DTD to transfer to a resort. It can be some of the longest waits, especially at busy parks times when they "Dead-head" buses or send as many buses as possible to the parks to pick up passengers.

However, coming back from a resort, it is always an advantage for the four resorts surrounding Disney, because the water taxis run every 10 minutes after 4 pm. You are never waiting long for a water taxi when coming back, once you get to the DTD hub stop.

It is a great advantage for those of us who like to end our evenings at the resorts and return to, for instance, POR for the remainder of the evening.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:33 PM   #935
Majordis
Mouseketeer

Thank you for all the responses. We are considering CSR for one night pre cruise and wanted to visit DTD.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:21 PM   #936
Spacedog1975
Mouseketeer

Thinking of returning to CSR for a 3rd time in October. There is a convention at the Dolphin that will need to be attended by 1/2 our party on most days. Is there a reliable way to get there by bus, or does it make more sense to rent a car or drive from NC?

The last 4 times I've been to WDW, I've had no need of a car as Magical Express and the resort busses took care of everything I needed.

Advice?
Old 04-22-2013, 05:27 PM   #937
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacedog1975 View Post
Thinking of returning to CSR for a 3rd time in October. There is a convention at the Dolphin that will need to be attended by 1/2 our party on most days. Is there a reliable way to get there by bus, or does it make more sense to rent a car or drive from NC?

The last 4 times I've been to WDW, I've had no need of a car as Magical Express and the resort busses took care of everything I needed.

Advice?
Last time we were there (Dec 2011) we took a cab from CSR lobby to Board Walk Resort a couple of evenings. It was only $6-$7. It takes 5 mins. If you have 4 people splitting the bill that's only $2 each. There are always cabs waiting so it's quick and painless.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #938
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacedog1975 View Post

Advice?
A cab is probably your best bet. If the attendees have park hoppers and plan to visit a park on those days, they could take a bus to Epcot and walk through, but it is a long walk and assumes the convention starts late enough for Epcot to be open. A slightly easier route would be to take the bus to Hollywood Studios, then walk or take the boat to the Dolphin (which would not require a park ticket). Once again, the convention would need to start late enough to be able to get the bus to DHS and walk. Both options are a lot of trouble to save the cab fare, but they could work depending on the timing. I wouldn't recommend them, but they might be options.

If CSR is one of the convention hotels, it is possible the convention will run a bus from other resorts to the Dolphin. But for the small expense, I would take a cab to avoid the hassle. I would not rent a car if that is your only need for transportation beyond going to/from the parks and airport.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:25 AM   #939
Mrs Doubtfire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
40 minutes is a little extreme, but DTD is typically the longest ride from any resort that isn't located right next to it. I've taken the bus from CSR to DTD about 4-5 times 15 mins is the quickest and 25 mins was the longest. Typically quicker on the way back for some reason, 10-15 mins on way back. Something to do with traffic I'd guess. It was the same way when we stayed at CBR in 2008, service was great to all parks, but longer to DTD.
I thought we must have been unlucky!
Old 04-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #940
Spacedog1975
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
A cab is probably your best bet. If the attendees have park hoppers and plan to visit a park on those days, they could take a bus to Epcot and walk through, but it is a long walk and assumes the convention starts late enough for Epcot to be open. A slightly easier route would be to take the bus to Hollywood Studios, then walk or take the boat to the Dolphin (which would not require a park ticket). Once again, the convention would need to start late enough to be able to get the bus to DHS and walk. Both options are a lot of trouble to save the cab fare, but they could work depending on the timing. I wouldn't recommend them, but they might be options.

If CSR is one of the convention hotels, it is possible the convention will run a bus from other resorts to the Dolphin. But for the small expense, I would take a cab to avoid the hassle. I would not rent a car if that is your only need for transportation beyond going to/from the parks and airport.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
Last time we were there (Dec 2011) we took a cab from CSR lobby to Board Walk Resort a couple of evenings. It was only $6-$7. It takes 5 mins. If you have 4 people splitting the bill that's only $2 each. There are always cabs waiting so it's quick and painless.
Thank you. CSR, as far as I know, will not be affiliated with the convention, but I love the resort and would prefer to be there than Dolphin in spite of any inconvenience. Dolphin is pretty spendy and doesn't participate in/offer the dining plan.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #941
kappa09
Earning My Ears

What is the laundry situation at Coronado Springs? My fiance and I will be staying at CS for about a week in June for our honeymoon before heading down to Captiva Island for a few days. It would be nice to start the second leg of our trip with clean clothes!

Also, we have 9 pm reservations at Narcoosee's on our last night. Is driving our best bet? We're thinking using the bus to get to MK and then heading on to GF is going to be too cumbersome. Plus, by the time we get out of Narcoosee's, there's a chance the busses may be done running.

Family Vacation, June 2004, Wilderness Lodge

Engagement, July 2010, Pop Century

Next up: Honeymoon, June 2013, Coronado Springs
Old 04-23-2013, 05:18 PM   #942
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappa09 View Post
What is the laundry situation at Coronado Springs? My fiance and I will be staying at CS for about a week in June for our honeymoon before heading down to Captiva Island for a few days. It would be nice to start the second leg of our trip with clean clothes!

Also, we have 9 pm reservations at Narcoosee's on our last night. Is driving our best bet? We're thinking using the bus to get to MK and then heading on to GF is going to be too cumbersome. Plus, by the time we get out of Narcoosee's, there's a chance the busses may be done running.
There is a laundry room located by each of the 3 quiet pools. We typically stay for 2 weeks so we have used the laundry many times. They work ok, dryers are a little slow.

I would take the bus to MK and ride the monorail over to GF and then take a cab on the way back. There will be cabs waiting outside the GF lobby.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:23 PM   #943
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:

If you have a car, I would drive (assuming you will be coming from CSR and not a park). We always drive to ADRs at resorts - it saves time and is more convenient. If you do not have a car, then bus to MK, monorail to GF, then a cab home to CSR.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:17 AM   #944
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

I would not take the monorail from MK to GF - I would take the boat launch. It's the first stop and will be a lot faster than going MK to CR to TTC to Poly, then GF.

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 04-24-2013, 09:25 AM   #945
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
I did laundry while in the Cabanas section last April. Worked great for me!! $2 wash and $2 dry. Laundry rooms nice and clean ... vending machine for soap and vending machine for sodas and treats. Like the PP noted - right near the quiet pool.

At Cabanas quiet pool, the laundry room is in the far right of this building.

IMGP7077 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP7833 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: