Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #1
cpc430
Mouseketeer

Scuttles Cove Kid Activities

I was just curious what activities there are for kids to do at Scuttles Cove. I snuck a peek at a previous navigator (Fantasy) and saw that they have a beach party, sand castle building, and sand soccer, but what if the kids if wanted to do something other than the current organized activity? Do they have sand toys out? Arts and crafts?

Thanks so much!
cpc430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
cpc430
Mouseketeer

Bump!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 11:43 AM   #3
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

I don't have any kids, all I know is that my friend signed in their 6 year old in Sept and felt bad for a moment until they talked to him later and he went on and on and on. They have some kind of Whale Dig I guess that he enjoyed so much, I guess a real whale fossil or skeleton or something. This is at Castaway, is that what you are referring to? That's the only thing I have to go off of. I have only pretty much heard good things about the activities they offer. Half the time, I wished I was a kid! THe ocean labs and all that sound like a blast. I need a longer cruise....
TwinPrincessMermaids is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:40 PM   #4
cpc430
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids View Post
I don't have any kids, all I know is that my friend signed in their 6 year old in Sept and felt bad for a moment until they talked to him later and he went on and on and on. They have some kind of Whale Dig I guess that he enjoyed so much, I guess a real whale fossil or skeleton or something. This is at Castaway, is that what you are referring to? That's the only thing I have to go off of. I have only pretty much heard good things about the activities they offer. Half the time, I wished I was a kid! THe ocean labs and all that sound like a blast. I need a longer cruise....
Thank you! Yes, I was asking about Scuttles Cove which is on castaway cay. I have heard great things about the Kids Club on board the ship. I forgot that they had a whale dig there. I think my kids would enjoy that! I plan to leave them at Scuttles Cove while DH and I grab lunch at serenity Bay and then go on our parasail.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:13 PM   #5
GoofyLovingFamily
Mouseketeer

My kids loved scuttles cove but did not care for the clubs onboard. They were able to play in sand anytime. We had to talk them into going to scuttles cove so we could go to Serenity Bay for a few photos. We rushed back to get them and they did not want to leave. The kids stayed until it was ready to close.
GoofyLovingFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #6
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpc430 View Post
I was just curious what activities there are for kids to do at Scuttles Cove. I snuck a peek at a previous navigator (Fantasy) and saw that they have a beach party, sand castle building, and sand soccer, but what if the kids if wanted to do something other than the current organized activity? Do they have sand toys out? Arts and crafts?

Thanks so much!
My children didn't really care for Scuttles Cove. We wanted to go to Serenity Bay for a few minutes so we dropped them off and half hour later we had a message on our wave phone that they wanted to be picked up. It may depend on your children's ages but ours were 9 & 10 and would much rather be swimming and playing in the sand on the family beach instead of playing in the sand at Scuttles Cove. There were no organized activities going on at the time they were there and they felt like it was for "babies". Their words not mine.

tweis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:57 PM   #7
labela
Earning My Ears

Our DD, who was 6 1/2 at the time, loved the kids clubs onboard and also Scuttles Cove! We were on a Double Dip on the Dream so stopped at Castaway Cay twice. The first day she hung out with us and the second day she insisted on Scuttles Cove. We felt bad, at least until we hit Serenity Bay (just kidding!). We never got a message that she was ready for pickup...she wasn't even ready when they were closing! I think she made sand art, did the whale dig, water fun and beach party.
labela is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: