Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #1021
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFans222 View Post
Thanks so much for the warm welcome. People think we are crazing going during the July 4th holiday week, but it has become an annual ritual for DS and me...some folks have backyard bbq's, but we head to Disney I know I will definitely appreciate the walkway to & from MK, as the walk to International Gateway is what I love most about the Epcot resorts. As for ADR's I booked Chef Mickey before I even booked our room, because there was no way I could tell DS we are staying at CR, but we won't be able to eat at CM. I will book a few more including some at the other Monorail resorts, where the great transportation options will come in handy. Considering that CG is closed for refurb, I was going to try the Wave. Is it a good option?
BTW, Boca is almost like our second home - so jealous of your 3.5 hour drive to WDW

I really like The Wave's breakfast buffet, but I don't think it's a great substitute for CG - it's not a Signature Dining venue and I wasn't crazy about the couple of times we tried it for dinner. But, we should probably give it another try since we haven't eaten dinner there since 2010. If you want a close Signature Dining experience, how about Artist Point or GF?
Old 04-22-2013, 03:39 PM   #1022
RapunzelsGoodMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
BTW, Boca is almost like our second home - so jealous of your 3.5 hour drive to WDW

I really like The Wave's breakfast buffet, but I don't think it's a great substitute for CG - it's not a Signature Dining venue and I wasn't crazy about the couple of times we tried it for dinner. But, we should probably give it another try since we haven't eaten dinner there since 2010. If you want a close Signature Dining experience, how about Artist Point or GF?
We ate at the Wave on our trip last year in September to try it out for the first time....we all had the steak special (what can I say, we're all family! ha!) but it was very, very good. I would put it a below CG, a BIT below Artist Pointe (which is great and our usual go-to for something different) and above GF. But that's just me....try it out, you might like it! But don't forget AP at the Wilderness Lodge - so beautiful and the food is consistently good. And a nice boat ride there and back.....ahhhhhh, need to book that for our next trip!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #1023
twodogs
Mouseketeer

Are the hair dryer at BLT full sized or travel sized?

I can't recall because I always bring my own, but my parents are coming too this time and my mom wants to leave hers at home if it's full sized. Thanks! Tried zooming in on the bath pics in this thread but I can't tell!
Old 04-22-2013, 04:24 PM   #1024
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
I can't recall because I always bring my own, but my parents are coming too this time and my mom wants to leave hers at home if it's full sized. Thanks! Tried zooming in on the bath pics in this thread but I can't tell!
I want to say its full size but don't remember the wattage.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 04-22-2013, 04:28 PM   #1025
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Thanks Kookamunga Cowabunga!
Old 04-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #1026
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelsGoodMom View Post
We ate at the Wave on our trip last year in September to try it out for the first time....we all had the steak special (what can I say, we're all family! ha!) but it was very, very good. I would put it a below CG, a BIT below Artist Pointe (which is great and our usual go-to for something different) and above GF. But that's just me....try it out, you might like it! But don't forget AP at the Wilderness Lodge - so beautiful and the food is consistently good. And a nice boat ride there and back.....ahhhhhh, need to book that for our next trip!!!

Quote:
Yes, they are full-sized:

Photo courtesy of AllEars.net

ETA: Oops, posted CR instead of BLT, but they are the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I want to say its full size but don't remember the wattage.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Say it, say it! Because you're right
Old 04-22-2013, 04:39 PM   #1027
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Thanks Kookamunga Cowabunga!

You're welcome, Danitabulous
Old 04-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #1028
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You're welcome, Danitabulous
You know, staying at CR gives me a definite reason to eat at California Grill. In all of my Disney trips we have never made it there!
Old 04-22-2013, 05:20 PM   #1029
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Forgive me, but I'm confused from all the reports. So which rooms received the refurbs? I thought it was the whole resort, but most of you are posting pictures with the non-refurbed rooms...
Old 04-22-2013, 05:45 PM   #1030
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelsGoodMom View Post
We had dinner at the Wave last April and really liked it. We're trying it again this week, so I'll post our impressions after. Last time we REALLY liked it, so much that we picked it this time over Citricos, using a quality/value combined thought. I agree its NOT a California Grill replacement. I would rate it high amongst the non-signatures, but would lose against many sigs. Flying Fish tonight.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 04-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #1031
inky dinky doo
I've got the best cure for the blues. Schedule another trip to Walt Disney World, now!
The only problem with losing weight is that I'm beginning to look like a rapper

Quote:
I always take my own hair dryer with me, because I have short hair and wattage matters. This trip, though, to the Contemporary and to BLT, my dryer never left the suitcase. The hair dryers in both locations were 1875 watts. I even remember looking, because I thought they did such a great job!

Old 04-22-2013, 06:05 PM   #1032
DemonLlama
Ultimate WPASADI Co-Winner
I Miss WDW!
Needs to catch up to Dan Murphy's post count
The Lizard Queen
Magnificent Creativear

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
Forgive me, but I'm confused from all the reports. So which rooms received the refurbs? I thought it was the whole resort, but most of you are posting pictures with the non-refurbed rooms...
They are currently rehabbing the Garden wing closest to the Tower, which is closed. From there, I assume they'll move outward to finish the rest of the Garden section.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:12 PM   #1033
inky dinky doo
I've got the best cure for the blues. Schedule another trip to Walt Disney World, now!

Okay. More pictures from the studio at BLT (room 7523). Pardon the shoes, the yellow bag, and the laptop. This picture was taken, looking from the bed to the other (TV) side of the room. I was very impressed with the storage area in this studio and the space-saving ideas they came up with. There are six large drawers under the TV.

What I really fell in love with, though, was the kitchen. Here's a picture of the storage under the kitchen sink, with the refrigerator in the background.

These next three pictures are something I need at my house. I took the pictures, so I could show my son what I want. Isn't this nifty?? The first picture shows the microwave, with the built-in shelving closed. (That's a full-length mirror to the right of the shelves. You can see the reflection.)

The next picture shows the shelving open just a bit, and the third picture shows the shelves all the way open. I was just sorry I didn't have more people with me, so I could use these shelves. They are SO clever!!

Just too cute!!! And, a longer shot of the left side of the kitchen. . .

And, the right side of the kitchen, with the full-length mirror at the far end of the room . . .

Old 04-22-2013, 06:20 PM   #1034
inky dinky doo

And now, the bathroom of BLT 7523 (a studio). . .

The throne . . .

A closer shot of the sink area . . .

And a closer shot of the storage area, built in "behind the wall." Just another clever idea they came up with.

Gosh! I am really missing the Contemporary and the BLT, right now!!!

Old 04-22-2013, 06:22 PM   #1035
DisneyFans222
There's a Mouse in our House :)

Thumbs up

Quote:

Moving to Boca 20+ years ago from "up North" was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I have not regretted one day in South Florida (with the exception of a couple of really mean hurricanes). And the icing on the cake is that Disney rewards us via WDW and DCL discounts for our residency and patronage

Thanks so much for sharing your experience at The Wave. I was not looking at it as a signature dining option, as signature dining would still be lost on my DS12 whose palate is still developing. I was hoping it might be something within the resort that was a few steps above the usual counter service fare of burgers and nuggets that had decent food offerings and a relaxing atmosphere. As you pointed out, given the myriad of transportation options, ADR's that suit our needs abound

August 2014 AKL
June 2014 POP
March 2014 SSR - Spring Break and EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival
Feb 2014 - POP
Oct 2013 POP - MNSSHP and Food & Wine - Double Header!!!
Aug 2013 POR
June 2013 BWI
March 2013 Fantasy
More than 45 trips to WDW (Being a Florida resident has its perks)
Most Recent: 12/2012 BWI; 9/2012 BWI; 7/2012 SSR; 6/2012 BWI; 11/2011 YC; 7/2011 YC; 02/2011 Poly; 03/2011, etc ...

First Trip 09/1977
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: