Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #16
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
I would like this trip to be more "laid back" in all honesty. We've been so many times, I'd like something a bit different and I'm afraid if we stay at the CR, it'd be too easy to continue rushing around from one place to another...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Well..then AKL might work for you.

What I like most about it is that it's relatively tranquil. The pace just seems to be a bit slower for us, not being right on top of a theme park. It's sort of a nice oasis, away from the hub ub, where you can relax a little bit more (IMHO).

I rush the other 350 days a year...to and from work, to and from soccer/basketball/base-softball with the kids, etc. While I LOVE WDW, and we do spend more than our fair share of time in the parks, I love coming "home", letting the kids kick their feet up and watch TV while DW and I head out the the balcony with a drink (adult beverage or otherwise) and just chill out. I love taking a day mid-trip to just play with the kids by the pool...and there's no temptation to run right out to the park that's within spitting distance. I love that it's more of a destination point and not simply a pass through. Because it's a bit further removed from the parks...it seems like the traffic level is a bit more subdued. For us, its a nice break.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #17
RapunzelsGoodMom
Mouseketeer

If you want a more relaxed trip, I'd probably go AKL instead then. The pools are great and they had SOOOO many kids activities. We were only there for four days but managed to do 1 and 1/2 park days, cookie decorating, the kids parade, pool EVERY afternoon, walk around the hotel to see the animals and talk to the cast members, hang out near the Mara (we were at Kidani).... It was amazing. My DD3 looked like she wanted to cry when I told her we were leaving. I felt the same way. It was amazing....

I LOVE the CR and it is one of my favorites. I remember watching the train come into the lobby in amazement and the great food, arcades, etc. So I choose it for the convenience and because I have such fond memories. I also like the Poly for the same reasons (but just not QUITE as much but I know I'm in the minority there.....). But we do BLT when we are going commando and will be in the MK every day....but AKL when we want down time. PERFECT escape.

And the buses from ALK to Magic Kingdom were no trouble for us. It seemed to take about the same amount of time as the Epcot resorts in my opinion, and they were quick to arrive and drop us off. Could have been good luck but I will take it. We did drive when we went to Epcot though....just easier since we were going for RD. But wouldn't mess with the tram, TTC, monorail to MK if you do stay at AKL.

You really can't go wrong - both are great! But I'd probably recommend AKL given your preferences for this particular trip. Our next one is commando so back to MK-area! I can relate to your visit strategy!
RapunzelsGoodMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #18
TX Momof2
Mouseketeer

I've only stayed at AKL. We loved it! The buses are very efficient; however, it does take 25 min or so to get from MK to AKL. If you're going to be taking breaks you may want to stay at CR. With young kids, it's nice to be close to the action.

TX Momof2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: