Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 12:54 PM   #91
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

We have a dinner res for BOG for our trip in August. Mike will definitely order the steak, which means no matter what I get, I will get the pomme frites!
Old 04-22-2013, 01:00 PM   #92
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post

Cool! I will have to figure out what time our ADR is- when is yours? And I think Timmy had a virus- but he had no other symptoms- just soooo tired. I was actually pretty worried about it by the time I got on the ship- and I am NOT at ALL a worrier, it takes a lot for me to get to that. But he snapped out of it a couple of days in-
Mine is at 6:55. I'm glad he got over it quickly..no fun being sick on vacation!

Jill in CO
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 01:33 PM   #93
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

it was a very good thing we still had that $67 car, because we would not have made it otherwise for our 8pm adr. At the bog podium, it was kind of surprising to see how many people were trying to get in as walk ups. But i guess everyone is not uber disney geeks like all of us, and they don't realize you need to book 6 months in advance. I felt pretty superior when they handed me a flashy thingee instead of turning me away like the 20 people in front of me, lol!

We were quickly flashing and heading into the restaurant. Wow, is it ever gorgeous in there- i felt like i was in the movie! And it was snowing "outside" the window at the end of the ballroom. So gorgeous! I loved the napkins-

i truly feel bad for those people. i can't believe you wouldn't do research before going. Oh well. Lucky that you planned ahead.

i was having a glass of helfrich pinot gris, alsace 10
a touch of smoke ties together aromas of ripe apricot, pear and minerals with
sweet-tart flavors of peach and apple

it was very fruity, and a little sweeter than i normally like, but a nice glass of wine. Tim was contemplating the rose- even he was impressed by those napkins. I think he said, "how do they do this? I've never seen anything like it before."
i'm a fan of a sweet wine so that is on my list!

timmy ordered grilled strip steak with garlic-herb butter and pommes frites. 29.99 it also has truffle aioli for the pommes frites-

yummyy aioli is the bomb! I was scared to try it for so long as i hate mayo. I wonder if basin sells it so then you could actually bathe in it.

what a waste. He did manage to swing a dessert, though (i passed- a bowl of aioli can be very filling, hahaha). Here is the bog dessert cart, presented by mary!

cupcakes!

did you notice how exhausted timmy was coming back to the table? Seriously. The kid was wiped out. What the heck? Anyway, maybe tim didn't have anything, i don't have a photo, so there ya go. Mary strongly recommended trying the strawberry cupcake when i return in may- i said i'm down for it and 20 orders of pommes frites, please make sure the kitchen is ready for my return may 4th, lol!
woooohooooo may4!!!

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #94
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

BOG is beautiful. I am hoping to try the counter service in June.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:49 PM   #96
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Poor Timmy to be so tired while on vacation. BOG looks really cool.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - Nov 2013 Fantasy EC, Mar 2012 Wonder MR, Nov 2011 Dream B2B, Jan 2011 Wonder Panama Canal, Nov 2009 Wonder Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:51 PM   #97
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Quote:

But I guess everyone is not UBER Disney Geeks like all of us, and they don't realize you need to book 6 months in advance. I felt pretty superior when they handed me a flashy thingee instead of turning me away like the 20 people in front of me, LOL!
I dont get how people dont read up on their vacations. you would for a move etc.. so why not a vacation.

Our server was Mary, and I am sorry I cut off her head! She was a lovely server!
OFF with her head LMAO

I was having a glass of Helfrich Pinot Gris, Alsace 10
A touch of smoke ties together aromas of ripe apricot, pear and minerals with
sweet-tart flavors of peach and apple
hmm that sounds right up my alley

He did not want to ride any rides, he just wanted to go to bed.

UGH.
ugg i hate when the boys do that too.. thank god i dont have to worry about that in 9days LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Ok, putting the pommes frittes with aoili on my list for May. I'll be on BOG on May 4th too.

Jill in CO
yeah me too LOL

Quote:

When we got back to the room, I noticed we had a communication from DCL about our transport tomorrow. The letter said that we should have our suitcases packed and just inside our room door, that they would begin picking them up at 8am. OK- but I wish you could have let me know before! Can you imagine if we had gotten in at 2 am and saw that? I mean, now I know how it goes, but then, I did not, and the whole thing is like a big secret they leave til the last minute- so stupid! So...it looks like I was packing! Although first I went to the Mercantile to purchase a few treats for my favorite DCL CM, Alex, and her hubby, Oscar. LOVE these people! I could not WAIT to see them on the ship the next day!!
oh that would upset me not knowing till the last minute.. that does not do well with an ubber OCVP

I went back to the cabin, had a glass of wine, and got the luggage straightened out. Not so much to do, really- I had only opened one of our suitcases, so it was just a matter of choosing which toiletries to bring from my OL. After that, it was lights out! Tomorrow we were going on the Dream!!

WOOHOOOO cant wait to read this part!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
woooohooooo may4!!!
Count down!!
Old 04-23-2013, 04:29 AM   #98
DMMarla07860
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post

Hi Marla Julia! Nice to see you here!
Hey nice to see you as well, you should go follow my trip report lol
July 14th-18th, 2002- 3 Night Resort and 4 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, April 23rd-30th, 2005- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, August 19th-26th, 2006- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Double Dip Cruise, September 6th-9th, 2007- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, July 13th- 20th, 2008- Mexican Riviera Disney Magic Cruise, February 21st-28th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 28th-March 7th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Cruise, August 27th-30th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, December 10th-13th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, March 6th-13th, 2010- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 17th-20th, 2011- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, February 20th-24th, 2011- 4 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 27th-May 3rd, 2011- 6 Night LA to Vancouver Disney Wonder Cruise
February 16th-19th, 2012- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 21st-28th, 2012- 7 Night Disney Fantasy Eastern Cruise(first one),
June 15th-17th, 2012- 2 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC), August 17th- 25th, 2012- 8 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC)March 16th-23rd, 2013-7 Night Disney Fantasy Western March 23rd-30th, 2013-Disney Fantasy EasternUpcoming Cruises: November 20th-24th, 2013- Disney Magic
DMMarla07860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:43 AM   #99
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
We have a dinner res for BOG for our trip in August. Mike will definitely order the steak, which means no matter what I get, I will get the pomme frites!
Perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Mine is at 6:55. I'm glad he got over it quickly..no fun being sick on vacation!

Jill in CO
Ours is at 7- see you at check in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
woooohooooo may4!!!
Yay! We're going to Disney next week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
BOG is beautiful. I am hoping to try the counter service in June.
Can't wait to hear how that is! But no pommes frites at lunch (my friend was just there and tried).
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:52 AM   #100
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Poor Timmy! He must have been in growth spurt, mine gets like that at times too but if it was at Disney I'd know he was REALLY tired.

Dinner looked amazing, I cannot wait to go there one of these days. Can't wait!
That was what I was thinking, growth spurt- but usually he is STARVING then, and he was just eating regular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
Poor Timmy to be so tired while on vacation. BOG looks really cool.
I know! But he got over it after this 3rd day, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
yeah me too LOL

WOOHOOOO cant wait to read this part!!!

Count down!!
I'm almost there! Cruise day!

And I'm with you- I don't feel that bad for people that can't get in. It's a choice- to plan or not to plan. You plan, and it's stressful figuring it out beforehand, but the vacation is relaxing because you don't have to worry if you'll get in somewhere and you get to do everything you really wanted to. Ya don't plan and wing it? You get to choose what you feel like doing on a daily basis, but you might miss out on stuff you really wanted. I choose planning, and if I change my mind later, then I change my mind. i absolutely hate being on vacation and having to figure everything out then- ya know?
Old 04-23-2013, 08:22 AM   #101
podsnel

It was HERE!!! CRUISE DAY!!! the very BEST day of all!

No surprise, I was up before the alarm, showered, and out the door before 7 I think to return the car.

In case you were wondering, there is not a big line at the car rental on Sunday mornings as the sun is rising. And you get your own personal shuttle ride back to VWL! With a very nice driver- who was from Alaska and recommends it highly as the most beautiful place on earth.

Back at the Lodge, Timmy was still asleep- it was around 7, I think- so I decided to go on a little photowalk around the resort.

I hope you want to see pics of the WL and VWL- cuz I took a few....

Looking out the window at the end of the hallway near the pool-

This was in the Carolwood Pacific Room- Timmy was admiring these tables the night before- he is a fan of checkers/chess/board games, and I think on a longer stay he would be in here daily with some of the rest of us.

It's a very cozy space.

Walt's Cars-

Cont'd next post....

Old 04-23-2013, 08:26 AM   #102
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Quote:

The dumpster view. Which I guess is technically NOT, because we were on the 2nd floor, or they moved the dumpster. But a service view none-the-less. But who cares? We will barely be here to enjoy the dumpster view this visit, and we have had great view Karma in the past, we were due for the dumpster!

Yea, another report! The dumpster view, I know we all accept "bad" views, but I cannot help but think, this is Disney, there should be no bad views. Surely Disney can make dumpsters and service areas look fun and create some type of fantasy in the area.

By the way, did I miss a report on your AKL grand villa trip?

Kate

Last edited by kid-at-heart; 04-23-2013 at 10:27 AM. Reason: missing word
kid-at-heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:41 AM   #103
podsnel

Outside the Sturdy Branches workout area-

Time to head out....

As you can see, it was not the most beautiful of days- but you can't change the weather, so I just focused on the fact that the weather wasn't THAT bad- I mean, it was not like a TORNADO was blowing through or anything...

Ok...now THIS is what I'm talkin about! LOVELY morning, really! Just listen...

Click to play

More later!

Old 04-23-2013, 08:46 AM   #104
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
Yea, another report! The dumpster view, I know we all accept "bad" views, but I cannot help but think, this is Disney, there should be no bad views. Surely Disney can make dumpsters and service areas look fun and create some type fantasy in the area.

By the way, did I miss a report on your AKL grand villa trip?

Kate
Hey Kate! No...you didn't miss the GV- I plan to tack it on the end of Aulani, just some pics- but between Aulani, the Dismoms one, then starting this, I kind of ran out of typing time!

HOW WAS YOUR CRUISE?????????
Old 04-23-2013, 09:35 AM   #105
podsnel

Well, I still have a few more. MEK had suggested I do the tour while I was there- but, unfortunately, it is offered at 9am only and I was on a very tight schedule this trip. Next time, I will make that tour a priority!

Time to head back and get sleepy Timmy to begin our day....

Click to play....

Ahhh...love the music and those twinkling lights!

When I got back, Timmy was up and showering, it was just about 8. When he got out, he said, "Oh yeah- they called and said they need to come and get the luggage, you need to call right away." Again, ok, but- could ya give me a few details more than 2 minutes ahead? My luggage was all ready to go- and sitting by the door- but to be honest, I was not aware i needed to be here for them to get it. What is we were at breakfast? Or rope drop? All they told me was that they would begin picking up luggage in our hotel at 8am. The next line should have been
We will call you and come to your room to pick it up, you will need to be there. The way the letter was worded, I thought they would be knocking on the door and if no one answered they would just open it and take the luggage they told me to put right by the door. But, whatever...now I KNOW in case I ever do this again. And SO do YOU!

Up next- breakfast and a bike ride.....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: