Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 01:59 PM   #1
cbaradziej
Earning My Ears

Bank Account Help

I am from Pittsburgh and currently use PNC bank. I am starting the CP program may 27th and want to have direct deposit but from what I heard, there aren't many PNC branches in the "disney" area. Does anyone recommend a good bank that is conveniently located around the area that would be worth opening a banking account with?

Thank you
cbaradziej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:13 PM   #2
Shelly
Doesn't know that anyone can be tagged, you just have to be in the right place at the right time......wherever that is!

Everyone seems to say a credit union is easiest. They say the credit union has no atm fees around disney world.
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2013, 03:43 PM   #3
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

The ATMs onstage are Chase. The ATMs backstage are Partners Federal Credit Union. CP's can open accounts at Partners if they want to. I did on my first CP because I needed to pay my credit card bills and cannot do that with the paycard they give you.

To be honest I don't think it is necessary. PNC offers visa branded debit cards so they are accepted everywhere Visa credit cards are accepted. I would just set up direct deposit to the PNC account and use the debit card you already have. I don't have a need to carry cash because almost everywhere takes credit.

There are PNC branches but you will need a car to get there. If you have a car its not a big deal, and you can find surcharge free ATMs at 7-11. If you don't have a car, you could always put one of your parents on the account so they could go to a branch at home if any problems arise.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:49 AM   #4
cwhite92
DCP Alum 2011

I just used the paycard they give you- its very easy.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #5
eadavis
Mickey is my Homeboy

If you don't have a car, Suntrust is next door to Casting right accross from DTD. If you do have a car, BB&T, Bank of America, and Wells Fargo are all nearby. The paycard is nice, but be cautious of all the hidden fees.
eadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:34 AM   #6
vovo2013
Earning My Ears

Easy to used

Bank of America is very easy to used with Disney. They have a partnership with each other I think.

But, if you want cash in hand the go with chase or a credit union.

Also, If you want free admission to the near by museums or cash back for using McDonald or Starbucks... Then go with Bank of America b/c of America deals when using your card. It is free and easy to used! I used it all the time when I go to Disney.

I am also a poor college student so it helps me buy more food for my dorm!
vovo2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #7
surferdude
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaradziej View Post
I am from Pittsburgh and currently use PNC bank. I am starting the CP program may 27th and want to have direct deposit but from what I heard, there aren't many PNC branches in the "disney" area. Does anyone recommend a good bank that is conveniently located around the area that would be worth opening a banking account with?

Thank you
Im a little confused, is it an issue of not having a debit card and not being able to go to the bank and withdraw money or are you concerned that since your bank is far away that direct deposit wont work?
surferdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:01 AM   #8
cbaradziej
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferdude View Post
Im a little confused, is it an issue of not having a debit card and not being able to go to the bank and withdraw money or are you concerned that since your bank is far away that direct deposit wont work?
I won't have a car while I am there, so I want to find a bank (ATM) that will be reachable to withdraw money without receiving the dumb service-fee's.
cbaradziej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:28 AM   #9
surferdude
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaradziej View Post
I won't have a car while I am there, so I want to find a bank (ATM) that will be reachable to withdraw money without receiving the dumb service-fee's.
Oooooh, ok thanks for clearing that up
Old 04-22-2013, 11:39 AM   #10
lego606
Mouseketeer

Partners has all the backstage ATMs and branches and Chase has onstage ATMs. Partners is probably easiest.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:37 PM   #11
surferdude
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lego606 View Post
Partners has all the backstage ATMs and branches and Chase has onstage ATMs. Partners is probably easiest.
Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone happen to know how much the atm fees are (both the chase and partners)?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: