Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #76
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
Woo hoo I'll get to say Welcome to CA to you this summer, you'll love Yosemite.
Excellent!! We have 4 nights in San Fran, 3 nights in Yosemite (actually our first night is in Groveland right outside the park), 1 night traveling, and 5 nights at GCV! Starting to get really excited for it-

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I can totally see Mary Ellen texting you back and not giving an inkling as to what was up!

Yep!

Ah Ichiro. We were sad but I respect where he was coming from. Foxgloves are so beautiful, I used to have some before I realized how poisonous they were and freaked out and yanked them out. Lol!

Really? Ya know- ya have to eat them for them to poison you- were you growing them in the vegetable garden?

13 year old boys are dumb. Bless their hearts. Great torture video for later in life!

Yep again!

Fun day. What are your Christmas dates? I wonder if we overlap.
We arrive the night after Christmas- the cruise leaves on the 28th- so really we are only there on the 27th- staying at BWV & BCV- hoping to switch at the 7 month mark to one or the other- hoping for BCV, I like it better and we just stayed at BWV in November, but whatever! Where and when are you?
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:50 PM   #77
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
subbing and going back to read!!
Hi Rosie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Love the surprise videos- so much fun!

Burned out on WDW? Pods, Pods, Pods. Silly men. Mother always knows best.
SO TRUE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Is that your DISmom friend Joan?
I think we stayed at WL in 2002 - so it has been a while. We visit now and then to enjoy Artist Point and the breakfast waffles at Roaring Fork.
Yes- Joan my DISmom friend! Joan lives in my town so I kind of don't think of her that way- but I guess she is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
All caught up thanks to your links !!!! What a great surprise for Timmy!!! Can't wait to hear about supper at BOG!!!!
It was so much fun- I love to plan a surprise-
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2013, 03:21 PM   #78
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMMarla07860 View Post
following along. Love reading your other trip reports
Hi Marla Julia! Nice to see you here!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:32 PM   #79
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

I'm in. Can't wait to hear about your cruise.
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:21 PM   #80
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Can't wait to compare the new test track to the old test track to Cars land track.

Oh and P would have the same response as Tim when u video taped. Actually his would have been more like u take the 1st one and ill can't the 5th one back lmao

Interested to see how BOG is also!
Old 04-21-2013, 05:22 PM   #81
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post

We arrive the night after Christmas- the cruise leaves on the 28th- so really we are only there on the 27th- staying at BWV & BCV- hoping to switch at the 7 month mark to one or the other- hoping for BCV, I like it better and we just stayed at BWV in November, but whatever! Where and when are you?
We are at BWV the 29th-4th and then THV 4th-7th, we will just miss you!

No, the foxglove was out front but the E's were 1&2 at the time and putting everything into their mouth, as was my cat. Seemed best not to have it in the garden.
eandesmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:08 PM   #82
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Hi Ellen! I can't believe I actually stumbled upon one of your TRs before it was well under way. And after a months-long break from DIS'ing as well! Go Me!

Tim is so cute! And what an amazing surprise from his MOM! I love it.

VWL looks so nice. I have never really considered staying there (WL, that is - we are not DVC as of now) because we live in the Pacific Northwest. We are going to have dinner there during our upcoming trip - I am really curious to see what it is like in person!

Can't wait to read about BOG.
RGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:56 PM   #83
DMMarla07860
DIS Veteran

Glad to see another Yankee fan I wanted to go to a game down there, but only had two days
July 14th-18th, 2002- 3 Night Resort and 4 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, April 23rd-30th, 2005- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, August 19th-26th, 2006- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Double Dip Cruise, September 6th-9th, 2007- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, July 13th- 20th, 2008- Mexican Riviera Disney Magic Cruise, February 21st-28th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 28th-March 7th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Cruise, August 27th-30th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, December 10th-13th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, March 6th-13th, 2010- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 17th-20th, 2011- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, February 20th-24th, 2011- 4 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 27th-May 3rd, 2011- 6 Night LA to Vancouver Disney Wonder Cruise
February 16th-19th, 2012- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 21st-28th, 2012- 7 Night Disney Fantasy Eastern Cruise(first one),
June 15th-17th, 2012- 2 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC), August 17th- 25th, 2012- 8 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC)March 16th-23rd, 2013-7 Night Disney Fantasy Western March 23rd-30th, 2013-Disney Fantasy EasternUpcoming Cruises: November 20th-24th, 2013- Disney Magic
DMMarla07860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:16 AM   #84
tammy
DIS Veteran

Awesome pix. I can't wait to ride the new Test Track. Me and my nephews (9 & 10) were talking about Test Track and the 9 year old Tyler blurted out he didn't want to get on it because it went too fast...he does want to ride the moutains at MK and Tower of Terror...
tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:00 AM   #85
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvslikepi View Post
I'm in. Can't wait to hear about your cruise.
Hi there!! I'm glad you found me! How are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
Can't wait to compare the new test track to the old test track to Cars land track.

So that's what that ride is like in DL- Test Track? But outside? I have wondered that-

Oh and P would have the same response as Tim when u video taped. Actually his would have been more like u take the 1st one and ill can't the 5th one back lmao

That's pretty funny-

Interested to see how BOG is also!
I am glad we are going to BOG next week- NEXT WEEK!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
We are at BWV the 29th-4th and then THV 4th-7th, we will just miss you!

Bummer!!

No, the foxglove was out front but the E's were 1&2 at the time and putting everything into their mouth, as was my cat. Seemed best not to have it in the garden.
That makes a LOT of sense- YIKES!! If my kids had been putting everything in their mouths back then I would have done the same...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Hi Ellen! I can't believe I actually stumbled upon one of your TRs before it was well under way. And after a months-long break from DIS'ing as well! Go Me!

AWESOME!!! Welcome back!

Tim is so cute! And what an amazing surprise from his MOM! I love it.

Thanks- I think he's cute (if gawky at the moment) too!

VWL looks so nice. I have never really considered staying there (WL, that is - we are not DVC as of now) because we live in the Pacific Northwest. We are going to have dinner there during our upcoming trip - I am really curious to see what it is like in person!

Can't wait to read about BOG.
Make sure you walk outside a little when you are there- the twinkling lights are really cool- I wonder what you will think. Where are you eating?
Old 04-22-2013, 11:07 AM   #86
podsnel

So we went from here-

To here-

It was a very good thing we still had that $67 car, because we would not have made it otherwise for our 8pm ADR. At the BOG podium, it was kind of surprising to see how many people were trying to get in as walk ups. But I guess everyone is not UBER Disney Geeks like all of us, and they don't realize you need to book 6 months in advance. I felt pretty superior when they handed me a flashy thingee instead of turning me away like the 20 people in front of me, LOL!

We were quickly flashing and heading into the restaurant. WOW, is it ever gorgeous in there- I felt like I was in the movie! And it was snowing "outside" the window at the end of the ballroom. So gorgeous! I loved the napkins-

I was very happy we were seated in the main room-

Our server was Mary, and I am sorry I cut off her head! She was a lovely server!

I was having a glass of Helfrich Pinot Gris, Alsace 10
A touch of smoke ties together aromas of ripe apricot, pear and minerals with
sweet-tart flavors of peach and apple

It was very fruity, and a little sweeter than I normally like, but a nice glass of wine. Tim was contemplating the rose- even HE was impressed by those napkins. I think he said, "How do they do this? I've never seen anything like it before."

Some rolls were brought to the table-

Along with some salted butter. So, so pretty in here-

Timmy wanted to order Assorted Cured Meats and Sausages
served with Cornichons, Pickled Onions, and Toasted Baguette 14.99 which was for 2 people.

Basically this was ham and prosciutto for Timmy, everything else for me because he would not touch it. Hey- it was good, but there is no way I can eat all that! Cheers!

For an entrée, I had Pan-seared Salmon on Leek Fondue
served with Creamy Saffron-crushed Potatoes 20.99

It was very good! And a nice portion of salmon for that price. Timmy ordered Grilled Strip Steak with Garlic-Herb Butter and Pommes Frites. 29.99 It also has truffle aioli for the pommes frites-

The fries are AMAZING- they are larger than regular fries, and they are all rectangles- I don't know if you can tell that from the photo. But truly, it is the combo of those incredible fries and the beyond fabulous truffle aioli that is what I went CRAZY for- good thing Timmy shares! Because when dinner was over, this was all that was left-

When Mary came to check on us, I couldn't shut up about the fries and aioli. She said that when they are left over at the end of the night, the CMs devour them- everyone loves them! She also said that she was so glad I tried the aioli- that many, many people are afraid of it because they don't know what it is.

PLEASE try it! Aioli is MAYONNAISE! This one has truffle in it- spectacular! I literally could bathe in it! Although currently this is not an option at BOG.

Anyway...once again, Timmy had hit the wall. At 9 pm!

He did not want to ride any rides, he just wanted to go to bed.

UGH.

What a waste. He did manage to swing a dessert, though (I passed- a bowl of aioli can be very filling, hahaha). Here is the BOG Dessert cart, presented by Mary!

Click to play-

Did you notice how exhausted Timmy was coming back to the table? Seriously. the kid was wiped out. What the heck? Anyway, maybe Tim didn't have anything, I don't have a photo, so there ya go. Mary STRONGLY recommended trying the Strawberry cupcake when I return in May- I said I'm down for it and 20 orders of Pommes Frites, please make sure the kitchen is ready for my return May 4th, LOL! On the way out we briefly stopped in the room where the Beast took photos, but Timmy was sooo tired, we did not wait for a pic and just left.

No amount of cajoling could convince Timmy to go on even ONE ride- he just wanted the bed. SO unlike him! But at least he was grown up enough to say he didn't want to be tired on the cruise, so he thought he should get some sleep.

I texted jabead (who does the Live from Disney thread)- she was staying at VWL and had just arrived that day- I was hoping to meet her when I got back to the WL Ride....but it was not to be. She was already in her jammies when I got back. Oh well- maybe next time!

Up next- a little VWL at night....

Old 04-22-2013, 11:14 AM   #87
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Ok, putting the pommes frittes with aoili on my list for May. I'll be on BOG on May 4th too.

Poor Timmy...It's tiring to be a teenager.

Jill in CO
Old 04-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #88
podsnel

Back at the Lodge, Tim did not waste any time heading straight to the villas-

When we got back to the room, I noticed we had a communication from DCL about our transport tomorrow. The letter said that we should have our suitcases packed and just inside our room door, that they would begin picking them up at 8am. OK- but I wish you could have let me know before! Can you imagine if we had gotten in at 2 am and saw that? I mean, now I know how it goes, but then, I did not, and the whole thing is like a big secret they leave til the last minute- so stupid! So...it looks like I was packing! Although first I went to the Mercantile to purchase a few treats for my favorite DCL CM, Alex, and her hubby, Oscar. LOVE these people! I could not WAIT to see them on the ship the next day!!

I went back to the cabin, had a glass of wine, and got the luggage straightened out. Not so much to do, really- I had only opened one of our suitcases, so it was just a matter of choosing which toiletries to bring from my OL. After that, it was lights out! Tomorrow we were going on the Dream!!

Old 04-22-2013, 12:10 PM   #89
MomToPrincePhillip
Mouseketeer

Wow, another great day for the two of you! Thanks for the BOG review, we have an ADR for dinner on the 30th, so it looks like I'll miss you again! Can't wait for the next update....
Old 04-22-2013, 12:24 PM   #90
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMMarla07860 View Post
Glad to see another Yankee fan I wanted to go to a game down there, but only had two days
Them playing the Tigers made it MUCH closer- their home games are in Tampa. So as much as I would have liked to have seen their house in Fla, I REALLY liked the shorter drive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammy View Post
Awesome pix. I can't wait to ride the new Test Track. Me and my nephews (9 & 10) were talking about Test Track and the 9 year old Tyler blurted out he didn't want to get on it because it went too fast...he does want to ride the moutains at MK and Tower of Terror...
So he will go on ToT but not TT? I think the next time you are driving on a highway, you should point out that you are driving faster or the same speed as TT.... would that help? Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Ok, putting the pommes frittes with aoili on my list for May. I'll be on BOG on May 4th too.

Poor Timmy...It's tiring to be a teenager.

Jill in CO
Cool! I will have to figure out what time our ADR is- when is yours? And I think Timmy had a virus- but he had no other symptoms- just soooo tired. I was actually pretty worried about it by the time I got on the ship- and I am NOT at ALL a worrier, it takes a lot for me to get to that. But he snapped out of it a couple of days in-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToPrincePhillip View Post
Wow, another great day for the two of you! Thanks for the BOG review, we have an ADR for dinner on the 30th, so it looks like I'll miss you again! Can't wait for the next update....
Sorry I will miss you, but I hope you have a great meal!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: