Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 09:36 AM   #1
Dano13
Mouseketeer

EXCURSIONS --- Fully Booked

Hello,
We are running into a bit of a problem and I wanted to see if anyone else experienced it and hoped that maybe additional slots can be added to excursions.

We are going as a party of 7 on the Fantasy in July, 5 of us are Castaway Cay members, 2 are first timers. The 5 CC Members booked all of the excursions we wanted and when the window opened for the remaining 2, a pair of the excursions were booked. Does anyone know if they will add slots potentially? Cancellations may be able to fit our remaining party members? Any thoughts on how difficult this will be to get the full party together would be greatly appreciated, especially since this one party members first cruise ever, not just on DCL. She is starting with the cream of the crop!
Dano13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:42 AM   #2
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano13 View Post
Hello,
We are running into a bit of a problem and I wanted to see if anyone else experienced it and hoped that maybe additional slots can be added to excursions.

We are going as a party of 7 on the Fantasy in July, 5 of us are Castaway Cay members, 2 are first timers. The 5 CC Members booked all of the excursions we wanted and when the window opened for the remaining 2, a pair of the excursions were booked. Does anyone know if they will add slots potentially? Cancellations may be able to fit our remaining party members? Any thoughts on how difficult this will be to get the full party together would be greatly appreciated, especially since this one party members first cruise ever, not just on DCL. She is starting with the cream of the crop!
I would check the website daily for any cancellations and if not then once you board I would check with the port adventures desk, but my understanding is that they do not hold any of these back, once they are sold out they are gone.

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 09:55 AM   #3
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweis View Post
I would check the website daily for any cancellations and if not then once you board I would check with the port adventures desk, but my understanding is that they do not hold any of these back, once they are sold out they are gone.
I would suggest checking a few times a day....
Old 04-22-2013, 10:19 AM   #4
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

They have never held back excursions, other than for concierge guests if at all, since when you had to call and book excursions before the online option was available. Check for cancellations and if that doesn't happen put their name on a wait list at the excursion desk when you board. Of course, you could look into booking the entire group on your own and not have to stress about watching for an opening.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:42 AM   #5
erocrobro
DIS Veteran

I would keep checking daily. When our booking window opened in March, one of the excursions we wanted was booked. Last week, most of the excursions on our cruise that were previously full started showing as available. I was able to change to the one that I wanted, and they are still open for more guests. I don't know if that many people cancelled or if they just opened it up for more groups.

erocrobro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:06 PM   #6
Dano13
Mouseketeer

THANK YOU!

That is what we are hoping for.

Thanks to everyone for such helpful comments.
Dano13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: