Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-22-2013, 10:53 AM   #2821
sab53085
Mouseketeer
 
sab53085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Binghamton, NY
Posts: 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

Two of the views you can get with YC GV are the wedding gazebo view and the courtyard view of the back entrance (lakeside) of the YC. I'm not sure if there are any other YC GV rooms elsewhere in the resort.

The back entrance courtyard GV rooms may have some peek-a-boo glimpses of the lake or BW, but I'm not positive. I'm not sure that there are any YC GV rooms that have a view of EP.
Thanks! I'll send in a fax request for the back entrance once we get closer to our date!
__________________


1992 - Offsite ~ 1997 - Travelodge DTD ~ 1998 - Travelodge DTD ~ 2000 - Marriott Orlando World Center ~ 2001 - Marriott Orlando World Center ~ 2002 - Hilton DTD ~ 2009 - Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa ~ 2012 - POR Royal Room & WDW Dolphin ~ May 2013: POR Royal Room & Yacht Club ~ October 2013: Kidani Village & Coronado Springs ~ May 2014: Jambo House & Yacht Club
sab53085 is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 10:54 AM   #2822
Mickey & Minnie Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Mickey & Minnie Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 937

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
I'm not positive, but I thought there was a Hot Chocolate machine where the coffee / fountain drink machines are??

We didn't drink any, so I may be totally crazy................(don't answer that!)
Yes, definitely a hot chocolate machine at the Marketplace.
__________________
Mickey & Minnie Mom

Mickey & Minnie Mom is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-22-2013, 10:58 AM   #2823
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,922

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
I'm not positive, but I thought there was a Hot Chocolate machine where the coffee / fountain drink machines are??

We didn't drink any, so I may be totally crazy................(don't answer that!)
That was my assumption. I'll probably just go ahead and pack some just in case. I would rather have it and not need it and need it and not have it. Luckily, we're driving so it's no biggie just to go ahead and bring it. He is so obsessed about making sure he can get hot chocolate, that if he can't get it at the Beach Club, he would rather move to the Pop Century. Ummm, no, mommy can just pack some and we'll make it in the room.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 11:01 AM   #2824
EagleScout
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 476

As our Beach Club trip is coming closer (19 days, yeah!), our son has now declared he only wants to be a lifeguard, not a pirate, so the "Letters of Marque" and "build your own costume" projects are likely on hold. Oh well, I guess it was probably more for me anyway. But he is definitely looking forward to that zero entry sand-bottom pool - do toddlers need "swim shoes" for that (to avoid scraped soles)? Also, our guy prefers the "floating barbells" rather than noodles - do they sell those at Stormalong Bay, or just the noodles? (and I have heard recent rumors about demise of noodle sales, but that may have been incorrect info).
EagleScout is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #2825
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,532

Quote:
Originally Posted by sab53085 View Post
Thanks! I'll send in a fax request for the back entrance once we get closer to our date!
The most effective way to make a room request is to have it listed in your reservation notes- we have been told that the room assigners pay attention to that and may not receive the faxes sent in.

If you made the reservation yourself, call the Disney Central Reservation Number and make sure your request is listed. If you have used a travel agency, let them know what your request is and have that added to your reservation.

You can do this anytime. I usually make my room request ("Full balcony, please") when I make my reservation, and then follow-up about 10 days to 1 week before the trip to make sure it is still listed.
natebenma is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 11:18 AM   #2826
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer
 
pamkat1820's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Haven CT
Posts: 423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Hello BC/YC Lovers!!!!!

Just popping in from our wonderful room at YC!!!

I plan on doing a trip report when I'm back, but since we still have 7 days left I wanted to do a quickie update.

Our room is very nice! We booked SV CL and I'm not sure if what we ended up with is just a really good GV or in fact a water view but it's beautiful!!!

Here's our view:



Oh! And we were Family of the Day!

And....the shower heads look like this...(for the PP who asked)

And the beers in the CL lounge are Heineken, Bud Light, Sam Summer, and Yeungling.

We do think the YC is a beautiful resort!!

More to come later!
Thank you so much for the pictures of the shower!!!! Have a great trip!
__________________


Me, DH, DD8, DS4

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013, August 2015???
pamkat1820 is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 11:20 AM   #2827
infopurposesonly
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenly777 View Post
I joined this thread to learn about the BC and I was super impressed with how friendly everyone was and what a positive experience everyone was having. Lately it has become very negative about school districts. Not all of us educators are out to get people. Most of us are there because we love kids.

Now, can we resume BC/YC info and stories? Thank you.
Sorry if you're offended by our experiences. The decision on whether or not a child will miss some school days is part of vacation planning, and quite a few of us have had negative responses from school districts or have reason to expect a negative response. It's helpful to be able to share these experiences. Nobody said any teacher was out to "get" anyone.
infopurposesonly is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 11:20 AM   #2828
Mickey & Minnie Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Mickey & Minnie Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 937

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolnini View Post
Thanks for the information. This is always a "must have" for my DH so I guess that will be our daily quest. Is a frappacino something that they serve on site (BC) anywhere??? I think I read that the MK Starbucks won't open until after our trip. They opened at full Starbucks at California Adventure last June. It is has the regular Starbucks menu and is very popular with the guests. They are in the process of converting a shop on Main Street in Disneyland to a Starbucks, too.

Jan
I am not sure if these would meet your Frappacino needs (not a coffee drinker) but I was thinking about your question and thought of these locations ...

MK --
Iced Coffee Float - French Vanilla, Mocha or Latte $4.49
@ Auntie Gravity's, Cheshire Cafe (was Enchanted Grove), Friar's Nook

Epcot --
Cappucino Glace - iced cappuccino $4.25
@ Boulangerie Patisserie France

Flavored Latte (hot or iced vanilla, caramel, hazelnut, or Irish Cream) $5.39
@ Espresso Coffee & Pastries between UK & Canada (not too far from BC), between USA & Italy, between Mexico & World Showcase entrance

Cafe Latte - iced or hot & Cappuccino - iced or hot $3.99
@ Morocco Coffee & Pastries

Iced Latte & Iced Cappuccino (french vanilla) & Iced Mocha $3.99
@ Refreshment Port

DHS --
Smoothies (made with non-fat yogurt) - Cappuccino $4.19
@ KRNR by Rock'n'Roller Coaster

Coffee or Iced Coffee (Regular or Decaf) $2.19
@ Min & Bill's Dockside Diner & Starring Rolls

Iced Cappuccino / Iced Latte $3.39 or Iced Mochaccino / Iced Mocha Latte $3.99
@ Writer's Stop

AK --
Frozen Cappuccino $5.39
@ Espresso, Coffee & Pasty at AK entrance, Royal Anandapur Tea Co.

Island Cappuccino with white chocolate & Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum $6.75
@ Isle of Java

Iced Coffee French Vanilla or Mocha $3.99
@ Isle of Java, Kusafiri Coffee Shop & Bakery

Flavored Latte (Hot or Iced) $5.39
@ Royal Anandapur Tea Co.

Hot or Iced Coffee $3.39
@ Royal Anandapur Tea Co.

Iced Beverages Espresso, French Vanilla or Mocha $4.75
@ Yak & Yeti Quality Beverages
__________________
Mickey & Minnie Mom


Last edited by Mickey & Minnie Mom; 04-22-2013 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Adding info comes from AllEars
Mickey & Minnie Mom is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #2829
Mickey & Minnie Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Mickey & Minnie Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 937

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleScout View Post
As our Beach Club trip is coming closer (19 days, yeah!), our son has now declared he only wants to be a lifeguard, not a pirate, so the "Letters of Marque" and "build your own costume" projects are likely on hold. Oh well, I guess it was probably more for me anyway. But he is definitely looking forward to that zero entry sand-bottom pool - do toddlers need "swim shoes" for that (to avoid scraped soles)? Also, our guy prefers the "floating barbells" rather than noodles - do they sell those at Stormalong Bay, or just the noodles? (and I have heard recent rumors about demise of noodle sales, but that may have been incorrect info).
No swim shoes required. It is actually a soft, silica-like sand which is great because it doesn't stick to their bodies the way regular sand does nor does it get hot to walk on -- the concrete walkways do however!

It is still possible to get scrapes in the pool, but that would be more from scraping the side or bottom of the pool itself the same as any pool.
__________________
Mickey & Minnie Mom

Mickey & Minnie Mom is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 11:58 AM   #2830
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,922

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey & Minnie Mom View Post
No swim shoes required. It is actually a soft, silica-like sand which is great because it doesn't stick to their bodies the way regular sand does nor does it get hot to walk on -- the concrete walkways do however!

It is still possible to get scrapes in the pool, but that would be more from scraping the side or bottom of the pool itself the same as any pool.
Do you think it would be worth it to wear swim shoes to keep your feet from burning as you walk around the SAB area? We are going in September and I was originally think of us just talking to SAB from our room in flip flops and stick them in a locker, with our towels. If we were going to be in a pool, like at the Pop Century, where we wouldn't be getting out of the pool once we got in, I wouldn't worry about it. I'm just worried about the walkways around SAB being really hot that time of year.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 12:00 PM   #2831
elmpark
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 11

so... 90 days to go to our first visit to Beach Club. I've only gone for a standard rooms - there are 8 of us in 2 rooms - are there any particular rooms you can request? i.e. room numbers - I'm hoping for a full balcony, but not sure if you can ask for particular rooms in the resort when checking in?
__________________
elmpark is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 12:02 PM   #2832
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda
 
jenjersnap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: CO
Posts: 4,603

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Two of the views you can get with YC GV are the wedding gazebo view and the courtyard view of the back entrance (lakeside) of the YC. I'm not sure if there are any other YC GV rooms elsewhere in the resort.

The back entrance courtyard GV rooms may have some peek-a-boo glimpses of the lake or BW, but I'm not positive. I'm not sure that there are any YC GV rooms that have a view of EP.
There are some GV rooms on the quiet pool side near the tennis courts too.
__________________
Jen, mom to three

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04

Last edited by jenjersnap; 04-22-2013 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Misspelling
jenjersnap is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 12:08 PM   #2833
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda
 
jenjersnap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: CO
Posts: 4,603

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousekatool View Post
No, we decided to just roll the dice, and that was a little pixie dust. It was also a handicapped accessible room, so the bathroom was huge. Not sure why we ended up there.
Thanks for answering! Gotta love a sprinkling of pixie dust!
__________________
Jen, mom to three

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
jenjersnap is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 12:12 PM   #2834
ocalla
DIS Veteran
 
ocalla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Scott (Lafayette), LA
Posts: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey & Minnie Mom View Post
No swim shoes required. It is actually a soft, silica-like sand which is great because it doesn't stick to their bodies the way regular sand does nor does it get hot to walk on -- the concrete walkways do however!

It is still possible to get scrapes in the pool, but that would be more from scraping the side or bottom of the pool itself the same as any pool.
Yes, this is sooo true!!! Make sure that your little ones have some type of shoe when walking on the concrete!! I couldn't believe how hot it was.


Love the sand there
__________________
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

ocalla is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 12:16 PM   #2835
ocalla
DIS Veteran
 
ocalla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Scott (Lafayette), LA
Posts: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Do you think it would be worth it to wear swim shoes to keep your feet from burning as you walk around the SAB area? We are going in September and I was originally think of us just talking to SAB from our room in flip flops and stick them in a locker, with our towels. If we were going to be in a pool, like at the Pop Century, where we wouldn't be getting out of the pool once we got in, I wouldn't worry about it. I'm just worried about the walkways around SAB being really hot that time of year.
SAB is such a Large area, walking from your chair, to different areas of the pool, to getting a sunken treasure at HH's.............it gets very hot!!

I'm from Louisiana, where our concrete is always hot , but this seemed worse. I had to have a couple of drinks Just to cool me off

I would keep the flip flops on and just leave them on a chair with towels.
__________________
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

ocalla is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: