Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 11:24 PM   #1
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

Magic Express from Port Canaveral to Parks

We will be getting off the Dream on May 5th and I have a couple questions about getting off the ship and transportation. We are wanting to get to the parks as soon as possible.

What suggestions do you have for getting off the ship quickly? Is there only one bus that goes to the parks? If we get off the ship first thing in the morning will we have to just wait to leave on ME? I've read of keeping bags with you to help with getting off ship quickly. I have no clue as to what I'm doing and would love any insight... Thanks
Old 04-21-2013, 11:51 PM   #2
ozdisneyfan
Mouseketeer

Hi

ME is not from the port. It is only available from the airport to resort hotels, and is only included for those people staying in Disney hotels.

If you want transport from the port via Disney, you can book ground transfers that will take you to MCO, for $35 pp each way.
DCL B2B Caribbean East and West & WDW 2013
ozdisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 12:04 AM   #3
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozdisneyfan View Post
Hi

ME is not from the port. It is only available from the airport to resort hotels, and is only included for those people staying in Disney hotels.

If you want transport from the port via Disney, you can book ground transfers that will take you to MCO, for $35 pp each way.
That is what I meant... Idk the name of that transportation.... What's the easiest way using Disney Transfers
Old 04-22-2013, 12:21 AM   #4
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarsh View Post
That is what I meant... Idk the name of that transportation.... What's the easiest way using Disney Transfers
DCL transfer - call DCL or your TA. But again, the service is only available between the port and Disney resorts - not parks. And the price is $35 per person (one way).
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:52 AM   #5
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

I guess I'm not stating my questions correctly.., I want to take DCL transfers to my resort when I get off the Dream in 2 weeks. Are there any suggestions on how I get off the ship quickly to make it to the parks at the earliest time possible. I've heard that some people carry their luggage off the ship themselves and that helps make it quicker. Can I do this if I'm using DCL transfers to the resort? Is there more than one bus to the resorts or is there just one and it doesn't leave until a certain time. Any insight would be greatly appreciated
Old 04-22-2013, 01:02 AM   #6
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
I guess I'm not stating my questions correctly.., I want to take DCL transfers to my resort when I get off the Dream in 2 weeks. Are there any suggestions on how I get off the ship quickly to make it to the parks at the earliest time possible. I've heard that some people carry their luggage off the ship themselves and that helps make it quicker. Can I do this if I'm using DCL transfers to the resort? Is there more than one bus to the resorts or is there just one and it doesn't leave until a certain time. Any insight would be greatly appreciated
The buses leave as soon as they fill up, and there's usually more than one headed to each resort, or group of resorts. Of course that will depend on how many cruise passengers are headed for the same resort as you.

Yes, you can carry off your own luggage to the bus.
jdb in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:58 AM   #7
Castaway April
Mouseketeer

We kept our luggage with us in October and were off the ship by 745. We got our of customs and walked towards the busses. We were given the option of taking a Mears van that was DCL transfer or waiting for a bus to fill up. We took the van and were on the road by 8, to the resort to drop our bags off and to the park by 10

Magic Transatlantic 2015 Port Canaveral New York City St John's Reykjavik Oslo Copenhagen
Castaway April is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:13 AM   #8
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

if you want to carry off your own bags the morning the cruise ends don't put your bags out in the hall the night before. What you want to do is called Express Walk Off which mean you schelp your own bags to the atrium and wait for the door to open. This happens as soon as the ship is cleared by customs and can be anytime from 7:00 am...sometimes a bit earlier, sometimes later. You will get a Welcome Home letter in your cabin which explains the debark process and there will be a debark talk on a loop on the TV.

The first buses leave the port around 8:00 ish, maybe a bit earlier....but will leave once filled. Once you go through Customs you leave the terminal and a CM will ask you where you want to go....MCO or WDW. They will direct you to the right bus which may stop at a few resorts...all depending on how many people from the cruise are heading to each resort.

You can purchase DCL transfers through DCL or your TA if you booked with one. Costs $35 pp each way.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:24 AM   #9
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone for the input... Is it faster to carry your bags off the ship? I don't want to do that unless it is faster
Old 04-22-2013, 10:46 AM   #10
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the input... Is it faster to carry your bags off the ship? I don't want to do that unless it is faster
Yes, but not by that much, IMO. The luggage process is you leave your checked bags out the in the hall the night before. Staff stores it overnight and in the morning it is arranged in the cruise terminal by color coded luggage tags that have a different Disney character on them (you are issued and put the luggage tags on your bags before you put them out). It is pretty easy to find your luggage but your mileage may vary. Obviously, if you wish to carry your own bags off you would not do this.

We have found that if we skip the breakfast in the Main Dining Room (MDR) the last morning and eat up at the buffet when it opens, it seems to be easier to maneuver our bags through the ship and elevator to the atrium doors. Everyone must be out of their room with luggage by 8:00 am so we usually head up to the buffet, eat and are back at our cabin before 8:00 to claim our bags and then we head off. Most often the forward or aft elevators are less crowded (but not always).

The last morning can be pretty hectic onboard.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: